Our new, more powerful Crossbows!

Creaphis

My advice is just get tons of Emerald bolts (e) and Pearl bolts (e) and go after that dragon visage.

Which one is better? Emerald bolts hit harder and do a lot of poison damage (especially considering how long it takes to kill a metal dragon, even with such a good weapon), but pearl bolts have a special that does a lot of damage. There's really no reason to use both, is there? I guess that you could switch to pearl after poisoning...

I'd use the mith. The special effect of the pearl bolts doesn't happen often enough or hit hard enough to make up for the fact that they're iron.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a side question, but how (apart from smithing) do you lay your hands on Mith+ bolts? In the item database they only state that ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åcan be made by fletchingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ
Mithdragonsig5.jpg

I smelted 1.5k mith bolts earlier :shock: . Just finished my 'test' by killing a lot of tzharrs, i can hit 19's with mith bolts with emerald tips, i can hit 18's with mith bolts with sapphire tips and 17's with mith bolts plain. I found i hit fairly often on average and took out a tzharr xil in about 15 seconds (somethign ive never doen with the msb), oh and my range lvl is 72, i was unpotted and not praying. Crossbows FTW!

I prefer to take the pouch from Fally dungeon. It holds 4 types of bollts -255 bolts each. I prefer using Emerald (e) bolts to poison them first then switch to other types. Better the metal, higher the hits.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

no magers need an update lol now they get owned by meleers and rangers..

Mages are supposed to be owned by rangers. It's called

The Combat Triangle

Cmb_triangle.gif

I have a few questions now:

1. What bolt would I need to use with a rune cbow to be equal with a magic short?

2. Do you need gem tips on the end of your bolt?

3. Is it worth it to enchant the bolts?

4. How many bolts are enchanted at once?

5. How many bolts are enchanted when you use the poision spell?

6. How does the Karil's Crossbow compare now?

But now rangers> Magers,Meleers :lol:

some answers as far as i know

1-depends on which arrow you use with Magic short

i guess mith bolt=Rune arrow or even stronger

2-Not needed,but they does the special i guess

3-yea,sometimes the special comes handy

4-I'm not sure maybe 10 or 15

5-i dont know

6-i don't understand what you mean for this

Btw,my friend got hit on him 60 with enchanted onyx tipped rune bolt special :shock:

Cybermullet.png

In my opinion cross bows are very good now, but they still are not all that better then a mage short. For how easy it is to get say steel arrows comparred to steel bolts, msbs are still better to train with, but rune cross bows are more fun. And for the person who said that range is better then magic and melle, that is not at all true. The fact is that now range in a way is more fun to train because they have updated items that no-one using.

Getting another sig

[removed]

no more MSB! im going to use bronze bolts for training, much cheaper ::'

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

They rule. Right now, I'm at fire giants, hitting 20s with emerald/mithril bolts (E) at 79 ranged. 'Nuff said.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

The max hit with a rune cross bow + I believe dragonstone bolts was 50. Recorded by Vinnydakid in his, i believe, 3rd video :wink:

An MSB + Rune Arrows hits I think a 25-25 WITH the special? Correct me if I'm wrong

Mudkipz.jpg

Mmm... Mudkipz...

The max hit with a rune cross bow + I believe dragonstone bolts was 50. Recorded by Vinnydakid in his, i believe, 3rd video :wink:

An MSB + Rune Arrows hits I think a 25-25 WITH the special? Correct me if I'm wrong

Well firebreath can hardly be counted as a hit.

But anyway, if you go a few pages back on this thread you can see a 60 being hit on vid.

68015ae.jpg

1. What bolt would I need to use with a rune cbow to be equal with a magic short?opal bronze

2. Do you need gem tips on the end of your bolt?no, helps tho.

3. Is it worth it to enchant the bolts?hell yea

4. How many bolts are enchanted at once?10

5. How many bolts are enchanted when you use the poision spell?poison spell? you mean the poison bolts? are enchanted by 10 ea, the emerald mith bolts are super poisoned but they only do 5 poison damage

6. How does the Karil's Crossbow compare now?who cares, degrading bows that cost alot to use...

seriously, these bolts are now worth actually leveling your mining up on gem rocks. if you about your days wisely, you should not really have a problem getting the materials other then the gem tips.

I saw a 60 with rune bolts and dragonstone tips today.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

no magers need an update lol now they get owned by meleers and rangers..

Mages are supposed to be owned by rangers. It's called

The Combat Triangle

Cmb_triangle.gif

The last time I checked, The combat triangle looked more like this....

therealcombattrianglenv0.png

Either magers need an update, or dhide needs negative melee bonuses.

Mages own melee. If they have ancients, the meleers dont stand a chance.

Mages get owned by melee and rangers. Rangers just pwn ahrims 0 range def and then melee just puts on karils, dds and mages r dead.

They rule. Right now, I'm at fire giants, hitting 20s with emerald/mithril bolts (E) at 79 ranged. 'Nuff said.

Yes, they are good indeed, but to say they are good for training range, I don't think so. The biggest problem is, they are hard to get in bulk in my opinion. The normal bolts are easy enough, but the tips are the biggest trouble. I don't know anyone who has more then 1K of gems in his bank, so getting a few k can become a problem. However normal arrows and darts are way easier to get.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

i have 77 range. and i hit 24s with rune bolts no pray or pot, with pot i hit a 31, and a 40 with drag bolts (e).

with mith bolts unpotted or pray, i hit 19s.

tanks u very much , dat all i wanted to kno !!! , im 81 range so im gonna do 32s !!!! dat pretty high for lvl 57 cb :P new crossbow rock !!!! like my pure 57 cb 81 range 71 str gmaul !!!!!

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

i have 77 range. and i hit 24s with rune bolts no pray or pot, with pot i hit a 31, and a 40 with drag bolts (e).

with mith bolts unpotted or pray, i hit 19s.

ehm you hit 24 without pot, and 31 with pot... so you hit 7 more with a pot...I don't really believe that.

tanks u very much , dat all i wanted to kno !!! , im 81 range so im gonna do 32s !!!! dat pretty high for lvl 57 cb :P new crossbow rock !!!! like my pure 57 cb 81 range 71 str gmaul !!!!!

Wow.

Anyways, this is the highest hit I could get with 99 range, potted and praying while using just ordinary mith bolts. I only tested for maybe 15 minutes so it might be possible to actually hit a bit higher than 31 with only mith bolts. I did manage to hit a 37 in cwars with them, but that was only because I was using a cwars bracelet and attacking the flagholder.

range312sj9.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just dropped over 700+ Bolts 2 months ago!!!!!!!!! WHY ME?!?!

Oh well. Its a very good update. I might go try it out at barrows.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just dropped over 700+ Bolts 2 months ago!!!!!!!!! WHY ME?!?!

Oh well. Its a very good update. I might go try it out at barrows.

Don't worry, I sold a red p hat once for 300 chaos runes and a chef hat :roll:

700 Bolts is only 140K. Chump change for anyone who uses MTK.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top