New Skill This Week?

Lighs

I noticed that every update in the behind the scenes was already released, in addition to the Dragonfire Shield, which wasn't even mentioned. However, we still have a week in this month to go! If Jagex wanted to release a surprise update at the end of the month, one would think that the Dragonfire Shield would work, to have a substantial update come out every week. They didn't do that, however- they released it along with the "Bits and Pieces" update, which would have been a perfectly fine weekly update on its own. Why would they do that? There's only one reason that comes to mind. Sometime this week we will get a new update that wasn't mentioned in the Behind the Scenes and outstrips the Dragonfire Shield so much that Jagex felt that the Dragonfire Shield should be released along with a smaller update, rather than going unnoticed among the giant update. What could that update be? Well, it's already been more than six months since the most recent skill, which is Jagex's regular schedule for new skills. Does anybody else think that we may be getting a new skill this week, or something of equal magnitude?

LOL!!! Maybe your over analysing the situation? If they relise a new skill this week ill eat my guthans....

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Yup, way over analysed. This happens sooo often... :D

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

That Jagex has already finished with the pre-announced updates is nothing new, it happens quite often. They could use this week to bring out something they missed a few months ago, or they could just release nothing. I'm betting on the latter.

The Dragon Visage was a complete surprise, and I've never seen Jagex release two surprises in a month.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

LOL?

I really don't think it will happen.

One more skill would really badly muck the whole interface <.< of the game as they would have to add another line of skill icons.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Oh and there isnt a new skill every 6 months... gap between rc and slayer??

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

It doesn't necessarily have to be a skill, but I think that the release of the Dragonfire Shield earlier than was necessary indicates that we're getting something else this week, something that's good enough for Jagex to want it to be a surprise.

We need a noob killing skill...
So I can do 34 damage to this thread.

Nah, we should have a stickied thread: "New skill this week?"

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

It seems like jagex's theme for this month is updating old and boring things to make everyone want them (dark beasts, iron dragons, antifire sheilds, crossbows, etc) instead of big new things.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

don't think there is going to be a new skill this week, but it would be cool <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Only one thing: Have to wait a few hours (even 72 is a few).

And if there is a new skill, they would have said it in advance.

And the only thing that comes of this tread are 'lol's.

So I'm locking this.

~Kill Life

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]