I think my Harry Potter book has JK ROWLING'S SIGNATURE(pic)

Abelmisi

Picture a little bit further down

I know this sounds unbelievable but give it a chance. Read it.

I have had this book "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" for at least 3 years. My Dad got it for me, he bought it in a library rollout along with the first two books for no more than 5 dollars. He didn't know about the signature, he only knew I like HP.

This book has a signature which I, up to this point looked at as some random scratch. Today I was looking at my Harry potter collection (1-6) and at this writing. A thought struck me. And I typed "Jk rowling signature" in google pictures and found a lot of pictures containing the very same writing! This signature leaks awfully real, not made up.

I can't decide what to do know.

Sell it on ebay? Keep it so its value will rise?

I will upload pictures later when I get my camera working.

I know it sounds unbelievable but please don't call me an attention seeking idiot. I don't want this topic to get locked.

rickastleywh7.png

I'd say keep it.

It'd be a mad thing to show your children [presuming you wish to have some] and even if not, it'll probably be worth X times as much in the future.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I'd say keep it.

It'd be a mad thing to show your children [presuming you wish to have some] and even if not, it'll probably be worth X times as much in the future.

Another thing. I'm pretty sure it's real but how can I find it out for sure? Any ideas?

rickastleywh7.png

The fact that the book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban most likely points to the signature being fake. JKR only signed books for charity and a few other very rare cases up until the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So unless someone got it signed in the last few years and then gave it to the library, then they in turn sold it in a rollout sale, then it is unlikely. The sad fact is that probably somewhere around 90-95% of the "signed" Harry Potter books are fakes from people on eBay wanting to make a quick buck off of people who are excited by these amazing stories.

*Shrug*

I have a signed copy of Thud! from Terry Pratchett himself, instructing me to duck.

I certainly wouldn't sell it on eBay. It is sound advice, in case I am ever caught in a situation requiring such movement.

The fact that the book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban most likely points to the signature being fake. JKR only signed books for charity and a few other very rare cases up until the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So unless someone got it signed in the last few years and then gave it to the library, then they in turn sold it in a rollout sale, then it is unlikely. The sad fact is that probably somewhere around 90-95% of the "signed" Harry Potter books are fakes from people on eBay wanting to make a quick buck off of people who are excited by these amazing stories.

Are you for real? :( Isn't there any way Rowling could have signed it?

rickastleywh7.png

Got a pic?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Given the variance in those two samples for a relatively simple signature (style-wise), I can't be certain if it's real or fake. Neither could someone else probably... so whatever :-?

You're already using imageshack, just use their thumbnail option <.<

OW! Learn to resize!

OW! I left it big so you guys can see it better!

I can't even see, its too big

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Doesn't seem hard to believe. I think you should see the current prices of such a book. if its cheap, try waiting till it goes up in value.

Honestly, I wouldnt think treasuring it just to show off to grandkids would be a good idea. I mean, if my grandfather showed me an old book signed by Jack London or Charles [bleep]ens or something else, i don't think many people would care except adoring fans.

If you do want to save it (assuming such a book can maintain condition for decades) then try selling it in a few decades when the author dies. then prices will shoot up for it.

If you want, I can arrange her death earlier... :twisted:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

*Shrug*

I have a signed copy of Thud! from Terry Pratchett himself, instructing me to duck.

I certainly wouldn't sell it on eBay. It is sound advice, in case I am ever caught in a situation requiring such movement.

<3:<3:<3:

You sound awesome. I love you.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Since when is just a signature worth anything? There's probably thousands of identical books, most of which are in better condition.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!