A.D.D While Skilling?

Blueleader9

You're supposed to be having fun while playing runescape ... ... its you not having fun. Why continue doing what you are doing if you are not having fun.
Remember' date=' it's just a game. [/quote']

I agree with both of you. I'm a grown woman (my son is 19 years old), I don't have ADHD, I was a straight-A student all through college (so I have an attention span), and if I finish 4 packloads (100) of something, that's plenty for me. If I've got someone to chat with I can continue an activity that doesn't require clicking (fishing or woodcutting) for hours, but if there's nobody I know around, I get bored pretty quickly.

And on the other hand, I hunt because the traps (catching or collapsing) keep me quite busy, and I have a hard time stopping farming because I know that next patch on my round is already ripe and waiting for me, lol.

I've been playing for 3 years, and for that length of time, my skills aren't great:

pokemama1+.png

but I *don't* watch TV while I'm gaming. If it's so dull that you have to do something else, why do it at all?

I happened to be around in Edgeville when some level 126 (who'd been playing forever) was celebrating yet another 99 skill cape. One guest suddenly became sad when he realised he'd been playing as long as the rest of his friends, but had no 99's "to show for it". I asked him, "Well, during all these years, have you had fun?" And he said, "Oh, yes, tons of fun, that's why I love to play!" So I said "Well, that's the important thing!" And he realised that it was.

All that matters, the real point of the game, is to have FUN. If a handful of people want to spend their time grinding, and they think it's "fun", more power to them. That doesn't make them "better" than me. :wink: I'm going to spend my time doing things I enjoy, and I'm not going to spend one minute doing anything that I don't like. So each of my levels represents a good time, and that's time well spent. :D

Yes, I agree that the game is all for fun. I have TONS of fun while playing, but i can't stay on each fun task. Although some of the task my not be fun(picking snape weed) but the reward of cold hard cash is very fun.

barrowsmvoidk,Blue%20Leader9.gif

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

Wearing? Did you selotape the axe on your chest? :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to find it very hard to skill as I couldn't concentrate on watching my inventory fill with logs, for example.

So I recently hooked up my 2nd monitor and now I've always got a Family Guy episode playing. :D

i dont do boring things...

Can you please actually read some of my other topics so you know i was not talking about boring tasks?

Lets keep those posts rolling!

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

I used to find it very hard to skill as I couldn't concentrate on watching my inventory fill with logs, for example.

So I recently hooked up my 2nd monitor and now I've always got a Family Guy episode playing. :D

I do the same with my 22" Widescreen, Runescape and WMplayer fit nicely side by side. I always have an ep of something going :)

half_dead.png

It all depends on the skill for me...Like now Im training smithing to 99 from 70(Currently 72). I love Smithing and I am always focused...granted I do read forums while making cannonballs but that is a must.

I can not and will not stand around and cammy tele or alch anything for any amount time. I just cant stand it and I dont know why...

Rightofwrong.png

The longest thing I've stayed at was making 2500 steel bars, mining all the coal and iron myself, with no other activity in RS, no ores bought, no runners, nothing. I've also done law running until I had enough laws to get to 60 magic from 56, and did all the teleports with no other activity in RS.

I can't concentrate on skills for very long unless I know it'll all be worth it in the end. Agility was boring, but I knew the faster run regaining and more shortcuts would be worth it. Runecrafting on the other hand, offered me nothing I couldn't buy already, and althought fast money, I have other methods.

Basically, I don't have ADD, but if there's a lack of motivation I give up shortly.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

I don't have ADD, lol. But when it comes to skilling in this game it seems I do. Once I started going on forums a lot while playing rs, I haven't been able to do any boring activity that requires me to be looking at the screen the whole time, and even skills that don't require much attentio just bore me, and are for the most part useless to me.

I do enjoy combat though, and I can spend a long time just fighting stuffs. Too bad I'm already maxed out combat. But anyway, if I'm doing something I enjoy then I can spend a ton of time on it.

Those people who talk about how they can concentrate

on 1 thing for days.. Don't you guys forget somethin?

Runescape is a GAME, and you play games to have FUN.

Don't tell me you actually have a good time power fishin/mining

for 8 hours straight. That would be pathetic.

I train a skill, and as soon as i stop enjoying it, i will go do something else,

or LOG OFF from runescape (no, not everyone plays runescape untill their

parents force them to stop) and go do something else. Like hanging out

with real life friends..

i can never concentrate on something for long periods of time, even if i have goals or plans. although i do tend to spend alot of time when i'm doing nothing else (such as trying to go to sleep) thinking of ways to gain money but...i never complete them =/.

Currently im trying for lv 70 wcing which is but a single lv away, though i've spent the last two or so days playing barbarian assault instead lol

theblastmage.pngtheblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

I have ADD, and for some raison I don't get easily bored while skilling. I once heard that people with ADD can have moments of "super focus" when they do something they really like. You can also take relatine :P . But just don't use it too much.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I have ADD, and for some raison I don't get easily bored while skilling. I once heard that people with ADD can have moments of "super focus" when they do something they really like. You can also take relatine :P . But just don't use it too much.

Lol, I don't ACTUALLY have A.D.D but it is in game. And it is true sometimes in game i can go for 2 hours or more straight, but then the next two are spent jumping from skill to skill.

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

its called a shot attention span... dont worry.. we all got it... i guess yours is shorter than the rest of us. and hey i dont blame you, cutting yews can get boring.

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

One of my best RS friends has that problem haha. So I know what you mean. Every half an hour if I ask him what he's doing he'll say something different even though just 15 minutes before he told me about his plan to fish 1k lobs or cut 1k yews or something. I don't have that problem though.. most of the time anyway. :anxious:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

When it comes to combat, I can do anything forever. If I wanted to camp dusties for 30 months, I could. But when skilling comes, I can't do anything for more then an hour. I'll get bored and just go back to killing some stuff.

hatewn1.png

When it comes to combat, I can do anything forever. If I wanted to camp dusties for 30 months, I could. But when skilling comes, I can't do anything for more then an hour. I'll get bored and just go back to killing some stuff.

Yea, thats me too, but if its a long term goal of say, 85 str, i can't stay long.

EDIT: 70 posts and 1k+ views!

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

ive got adhd and have this problem.

Once i get started i find it ok but then if anything disctracts me ill stop and wont be able to start again and move on to a new skill. The worst part is questing, i have to turn chat and pm to off or else ill never get it done

For most skills i level in a way that means i have to do something eg. fletching instead of making bows and waiting for it to finish ill make arrows which means continious clicking

Well I have the attention span of about a three year old. I have trouble doing the same thing for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I found using the forums can really help with the problem, you just go back and forth between the forums and the game.

This doesn't work with some skills like mining or firemaking.

Just set short goals, like burning 100 logs, and then do something else fun (killing stuff \' ).

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Seeing how A.D.D. is a made up disorder, any failure to concentrate is your own fault. Plus, as repetetive as RS is, boredom is a problem so multi-tasking is good.

Wrong. A.D.D. DOES exist, just people take advanage of it because of their own laziness.

OT:your just doing something that you don't like, quit saying you have a disorder when your just bored :-s .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!