Your friends list

malo2

Out of all the annoying things in Runescape, my friends list is near the top. I always get random people i barely know, or known for less than 3 days, ask me favors, such as "can you smith me something?", "can you go to this place and get me that?", and the worst one: "can you spend 3 hours of your day to walk through this quest with me?"

Just because my total lvl is over 1800 doesn't mean I have time to help every random person i barely know. I have a job i spend 10 hours a day at, I have 23k logs to fletch, and I dot even know you, leave me alone. I always have people like this bother me and they make me want to kill myself. Those people usually never make any progress on the game itself, nether their combat or total lvl ever really rises, while I gain 10m xp, they only gain 200k or less. They are usually stuck at the same point in game, and keep asking me for favors for no reason at all. "Hey, since your fishing is 99 and all, can I have some food so I can train to wield a whip?" let say they are 5 lvls away, the means in about 2 lvls they give up, and who knows why they asked me for food to begin with.

But there are also friends I know well, and have for a long time. For those friends I am usually willing to cross the world for, just because they need something from the RFD chest, which they can't access. Those friends don't usually ask me stupid questions, or constantly ask me to drop my work and do pointless and stupid favors for them. They are usually the ones that know what they are doing, and when I gain 10m xp, so do they, and when I do them a favor, they don't take it for granted. Instead they give me great ideas on money making that most of you reading this thread never imagined would exist, or other good favors when I am in the need.

So those are the people I am really proud of having on my friends list, instead of the ones I wish would never pm me again.

As for you, what do you think friends on runescape are for? Which ones are you proud of having on your flist, and which ones do you wish would just quit playing?

i have about 15 friends who i would trust with my entire bank, and i think they would do the same for me they are my best runescape friends and i really trust them alot

however...being a Pmod you can imagine the ammount of random pms i get a day, most of them just say "hi" and dont say anything after, some tip me off about scammers or something others say "report (name here) plz" (i hate the word shortcut plz -.-) and some even say "mute me" and even more say "are you a mod?" OR "how do you become a mod"

yeah i have good friends...but i keep many people out of my list, i just say my list is full...

offical quest freek

qpsig-4.png i DO have max qp...just havent got around to updating this yet

100 combat on 26/4/2007 at 23:05 GMT

mm.png jmods ftw XD

dont get an attitude cuz ur thread is boring to me lol.
Every thread bores you, no one cares about what you have to say anymore.

On topic: Yeah i know what you mean like theres people that will help me out when I need it as long as there not too busy but then theres people who for example say hey can I have some iron arrows?? and ill be like um okay and give them a few then later hey can i have more i need to train range.

Its the same people over and over again too.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

dont get an attitude cuz ur thread is boring to me lol.
so don't post here!

or something others say "report (name here) plz"
hah! i can imagine how annoying that must be, it's like the people that think if they get enough people to report you, or report you 1000 times, you will get banned.

If the thread is boring, dont post. Seriously. And besides, the way how you talk makes people 'get an aditude'.

Most of my friends are people that I like to chat with. Or do stuff for.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

As for you, what do you think friends on runescape are for?

Well friends are to hang out with and to talk to...

the only person i done member quest with is weeman

Oldest friend still playing RS, eradicate it

Which ones are you proud of having on your flist, and which ones do you wish would just quit playing?

None and None..

Yeah i really hate it when i train in a quest area ( eg black knight fortress )

And when newbs ask me to help with quest im so lazy to show them how

I dont want to make myself sound like a bad person but im really lazy lol

so i just tell them what to do, either they get it or else i dont talk to them anymore

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

People on my friends list are those that make Runescape a more enjoyable game for me to play, they support me in my goals, talk to me when I am doing a incredibly boring skill. I don't like adding random people, I like to think all those people on my friends list are people that would be there for me.

I like to keep my friends list as "On" so when i do get PM's from random people (Mainly Tip.it ers) I can help them. I will not go out of my way and walk them through a quest ect, I instead help them as much as I can in game.

Overall, I think the friends list is for people you know and trust and people with make Runescape a nicer place to be for yourself.

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Usually when i put chat "on" i get some random idiot i've spoken to once saying "hey select!!1111" and then starting some ridiculous conversation. It doesn't bother me too badly because i just put my chat to friends. I can see why it must annoy you because you feel people look at your level and try to take advantage of that, luckily for me i'm not actually very good at rs :D

I'm wary of making friends of RS. Period. The 2 physchos I befriended in my RS 'life' have ended up to be; emo gangstar 12 year olds or unsensitive morons who like to scam. So yeah. But random people who add me and ask me if I want to buy something annoys me.

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

Sorry i also do have a right to post anywhere and speak my mind lol. Stop getting So Mad lol. Ok ill be on topic now:

People that make Pointless Threads Annoy me! Happy kido?

no you don't, maybe you should read the forum rules again?

Usually when i put chat "on" i get some random idiot i've spoken to once saying "hey select!!1111" and then starting some ridiculous conversation.
yeah i don't get people some times, they've spoken to you once and yet pretend you are their best friend after you've "appeared off line" for quite some time.

Anyway, i don't usually keep my chat off because I always have trades to make, and I find it very annoying when someone posts on the RSOF offering some deal, yet when I add them, they appear offline.

I have a few friends I met in-game I trust and will go out of my way to help, but I can see what you're talking about. I'm not even in the high scores for total level and yesterday I had 3 random people pm me asking me to smith their bars, or smelt their gold ore, or make them a set of full bronze. I did it all because i needed the smithing xp, but usually I just add them to ignore for a while.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I used to have one of those kind of people on my friends list, they wouldn't play for 2 months, come back and ask me for favors or items and expect things. I had to put them on my ignore list because I think they were lying to me. :wall:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I don't add people to my friends list anymore. I really don't want to talk to people ingame anymore besides the people I already know. I have around 50 people on my friends list. Around 10 are retired, another 10 are people I have on for some reason but can't remember, another 15 are actual people, and the rest are peoples' aliases and my other accounts.

soulthresher.png

Sorry i also do have a right to post anywhere and speak my mind lol. Stop getting So Mad lol. Ok ill be on topic now:

rofl you are so stupid to post such stupid things on this thread...

this isn't pointless, your post on the other hand i 112% pointless and shouldn't even have been posted...

on topic: i got people pm'ing me all day though i don't even know them.

i wish people would just get that I'm NOT going to lend them the 2mil they need to get guthan or something else thats totally stupid.

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Sorry what part of the thread is pointless? If you read past the (minor) rant, you'll actually find an thought provoking question about the nature of relationships in a digital environment.

In answer to the non-spam, I think your runescape friends are (hopefully) like your real friends, people to share mutual interests with and hopefully help each other get along.

Ok a million newbs screaming "can you give me x plz?" does start to grate even on the kindest of souls, but setting up some clueless guy now, might mean he doesn't quit and is in a position to help you down the line.

vivimancer.png

If you see spam, don't reply, report.

Lots easier to remove it afterwards. :anxious:

Anyways, the posts are removed.

To the original spammer: Stop spamming!

Have fun with the thread :)

~Kill Life

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Hey malo, could you go through Mourning's Ends - Part 2 fully with me please?

Kidding :D Why are you not on my friends list! *adds you*

I think the people that see the people on their friends list as simply people to get things from are idiots, and don't understand the concept of a mmorpg.

My friends are there to keep me sane from doing the annoyingly repetative tasks of some of the skills. Friends are the main point - to me - of a mmorpg, without a good community then there would be no point in playing Runescape.

Your topic title is a little misleading, I thought it would be about general annoying things, not just friends :P

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I have to admit, I have little rs friends. I don't know why. I guess it's just I never got round to making any good ones. And, I know that pretty much all of you can and will disagree, but I find them distracting.

And another thing which you can disagree with, but if a game requires a good community to be a good game, then that game is surely not a good game, if that's understandable.

boratto.jpg

I have far too many random people on my friends list and too many that do not come on-line anymore.

It's difficult to form an in-game relationship with another person that you can call a "brother-in-arms" (or "sister-in-arms") and that you can trust them through thick and thin to be at your side during an expedition to Waterbirth Island or into the Kalphite Lair to confront its respective denizens. Even when you're not off "saving the world" with your friends, it's good to have people you can relate with and idly chat about some non-sensical subjects while you're busy skilling.

I still have some what random people that occassionally message me and ask for help. If I'm not too busy or I was just doing some random stuff that doesn't require my full attention, I'll help them out by messaging them. On the very rare occassion, I'd drop what I'm doing and run off to help them out, usually asking them to meet me half-way as much as possible.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

yeah, i just couldn't think of a better topic title...

Edit: how about now?

Yeah, but how about.. "Your friends list - title by Ali Baba, produced by mascarpone, in conjunction with Bongo" but I guess "Your friends list" is fine too. ::'

And another thing which you can disagree with, but if a game requires a good community to be a good game, then that game is surely not a good game, if that's understandable.

By the community making the game good I mean that if I didn't have lots of good friends then for me, there might as well be no point in other players, and just have all items bought and sold to npcs in different towns offering varied prices, just like a normal Rpg.

Runescape would be a amazingly boring game - as if it isn't already at times - with the amount of Xp needed to level up to say even 90. Then again I know each person sees it differently so.. doesn't matter, it's all subjective.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

95% of them are IRL friends

I hardly make friends in runescape

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

i get annoyed when my cousins ask me for stuff or when some friends constantly ask to go pking with them while i'm training. i also get random pms from ppl that i met in the wildy. one time, i was taking wines of zammy (the "hard" way) and this guy that i was once hanging out with in the wildy a llooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg time ago pm's me and starts flaming me. :evil:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

There used to be more peolpe on my list that I did favors for. Way beack when I was high 50's to mid 60's (combat) I did alot of healping people witgh quests. Because I was f2p and wanted to do more quests it was fun for me, the next best thing to being able to do a quest over again is to healp someone with it (now im a member so I always have my own quests to do). Once I hit 70 cb people stoped asking me for help, I figure that the low lvls were a bit afraid to ask someone with 50 cb lvls on them for help.

But I also have the high lvl members friends too, and I really appriciate them. One in particular never minds answering a question (normally where do I get this?) or giving me an Item for a quest he has no need for (fairy tale part 1, he managed to get me a blue dragon scale, a herb that cost 3k, and a proboscus from jungle clean up all free of charge. Of course I would do the same for him (though he never has needed my help). I try to re pay him with as much intelegent conversation as he wants. But friends like that are rare and take time, but it's well worth it.

I have lots of people on my friends list who hardly ever play anymore, but I keep them added because I like to remember the fun that we had together while playing. That is the point of a friends list to me, having fun with the people on it. There are people on my friends list who have stuck with me since I was on my first ever account in '04 (now on my 3rd main :-s ).

I clean my friends list several times a month of people who I made "friends" with but never actually talked to. I get the occasional "friend" who asks me for some spare cash, and they tend to get ignored more often then not. Sadly, my ignore list is catching up in saze with my friends list, and I don't even have 1300 skill total! :XD: I can just imagine what you go through. #-o

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.