A Guide: All Things Muted: Newly Updated!

benar

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember when i was muted for a few days

i kept going mad at my mates coz i kept telling them i was moving then i saw it sed i had an unread message

found out i was muted for 3 days >.<

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Whell, have you seen the movie Anger managment?

Good guide though 10/10 :thumbsup:

Too bad you' re muted though, that really blows.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

thanks alot man, i just got perm muted =(. i just sent in an apeal and i was very polite and admited my mistake...said i was sorry and regretted it.

Hey, maybe me and you can hang out sometime, we have so much in common <.<

anyway thnx for the help, il remember to bring a toy horsey with me everywhere i go.

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

I think we should raise awareness of whatbeing muted it... 85% of RS population doeesn't know what the word "Muted" means...

Nice guide btw.. I've been perm muted since Feburary 07'

Odd thing is.. I broke rule 11 whch is naming a website URL.. I'd never swear :shock:

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Nice guide. Although I am sad to see you're muted; must be tough. :?

I like your guides, keep it up. :)

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

you know Sometimes I wonder why on earth they don't allow you to as least say "Hello, I am muted" or something along that line that allows you to at least tell somebody about the fact that your muted. Or maybe make your name appear solid red or something when looked at that indicates your muted. Also I wonder sometimes why Jagexs keeps some completely honest and now reformed players muted. Once a year they should allow you to appeal again if your are still actively playing.

signature.png

I totally agree with you, naturally.

Many people push the idea on Jagex, but they don't seem to pay much attention to it. Although, thats how it is with many ideas that players come up with, and we know that just because Jagex doesnt show interest, that doesnt mean there isnt something being worked on.

picture7eo0.png

Great guide i have to give you a thumbs up :thumbsup: on that 1, i enjoyed reading it and noted down in my head what to do if I get muted *touch wood* hopefully it wont happen, well atleast no time soon :D

Sorry to hear that you are muted, i personally don't think i could last long with knowing i cant talk/post on forums i would be very unhappy :(

Good luck on your adventures and wear your mime costume with PRIDE :thumbsup:

=D>

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I like this guide as it's a subject not addressed anywhere. It doesn't affect so many players that it needs to be in the AOW, but if we get an "index" going in Player Made Guides I'd like to see this guide listed.

It's helpful both for the muted and for ordinary players like myself who don't immediately recognise the situation.

As far as tips, I was running around selling yew longs to various people and finally met up with my last buyer (he'd posted a different account name, I was quite slow to realise why). I put up the amount of bows I had for sale because I didn't know how many he wanted (he'd arranged a price already). He put up a smaller amount of bows (the amount he didn't want to buy from my too-large stack) and the cash he wanted to pay for the bows that would actually be exchanged.

After about three times I finally realised he was muted and what he was trying to "tell" me, lol, and we made the trade. He didn't lose patience or his temper or give up and walk away ... he just gave me the time to figure it out myself.

p.s.: I admire the way you admit the mute was due to your own actions, rather than blaming others or Jagex. That's the first step to growing and changing so that you can avoid such actions in real life. Nobody would blame you for walking away and starting a new character, but instead you are choosing to cope with and adjust to being handicapped (muted). That tests even the most patient of people. Good for you!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Thanks very much for your compliments. I would love to see an Index on this forum. And to see my guide in there. :mrgreen:

Your story has given me a new idea for the tips section of my guide.

-patience- ::'

Also, to all who have read this guide/are on their way to it, I want to apologize for the size of the pictures... I cant fix the size, so they remain small.

Atleast I added subtilies ::'

picture7eo0.png

It is a very good guide.

I've never been muted but i read it while mining just for fun ::'

I also read your making a guide guide.

Best of luck with living while muted. I'm sure it can't be bad.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012