New Mining Movements

Jimmyw3000

Well if you were forced to work in a coal mine all day wouldn't you turn to alcohol for comfort and emotional support?

You really have a point there. Maybe we all should start following the drunken dwarfs example now?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

LIVE WITH IT, KID.

What if Jagex took off all Runescape Videos from YouTube and said "LIVE WITH IT, KID." You would be pissed too don't lie! He's pissed of the new mining update and so am I.

You can't compare a 1-2 second effect with a month-long effect. Jagex makes a smal 'tweak' and sonone just HAS to complain. Can't you small-update whiners just live with it though?

No I won't live with it, I'm sick of mining being so slow and now I make even less exp per hour, instead of the usual 30k Exp I end up getting 23K (avg). This may seem not allot in your eyes but if you count it up in hours it's ALLOT, nontheless I'm not really whining because I actually love the emote <3: + It isn't that bad having a little less exp's guess I have to concentrate just a little more.

Thanks for reading

;>

By slower i mean that it takes longer for the first "swing" to occur, After that it is just as fast as before.

Before when you mined granite (or iron, or anything that you often get with first swing) and got ore on the first swing you would get the ore almost same time as when you clicked the rock. Now you have to wait 0.5-0.8 seconds even if you 1st swinged the ore.

I'm pretty sure that i'm right because i've been mining granite for last 1.5 months (getting 99 mining). btw got 94 mining yesterday 8-) , only 5 levels to go.

By slower i mean that it takes longer for the first "swing" to occur, After that it is just as fast as before.

Before when you mined granite (or iron, or anything that you often get with first swing) and got ore on the first swing you would get the ore almost same time as when you clicked the rock. Now you have to wait 0.5-0.8 seconds even if you 1st swinged the ore.

I'm pretty sure that i'm right because i've been mining granite for last 1.5 months (getting 99 mining). btw got 94 mining yesterday 8-) , only 5 levels to go.

Im also getting 99 mining and Ive tested it over 30 full loads...it's the same speed.. You can't 1 hit as in 1 hit animation like the old way but the new way of 1 hitting which I think is even faster is getting the granite on the "scratch" part before the swing. You get ores on the upswing and the downswing so you don't even have to wait for the animation to get an ore.

If you were counting as the ores begin to be mined when you first swing at it, your right, but it dosent, so your wrong. This is what happenes when you mine.

As soon as you click on the rock, the animation is played and you beginning minning at the same time. At the start of the minning animation you player kinda spreads his legs and prepares to swing. Even THOUGH his pickaxes has not yet hit the ore, your still already in the process of mining it.

Ive seen this with coal, I have mined a coal ore before my player even hit the rock, just because the animation starts slower, dosent effect the rate at which you start mining the ore.

Its the same speed, just like fishing with your hands is the same speed as a harpoon, its just the animation makes it appear slower.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I think the new Mining animation is wicked, it looks a lot more realistic. But it's strange how you're just swinging a 2-Hander with ease, but you have to muster up all your might to swing a Pickaxe... :-k

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I think the new Mining animation is wicked, it looks a lot more realistic. But it's strange how you're just swinging a 2-Hander with ease, but you have to muster up all your might to swing a Pickaxe... :-k

I wouldnt be supprised if this is the start up graphical movement updates. Examples: Fishing was updated not that long ago, feltching just a short time ago, now mining, I wouldnt be supprised to see WoodCutting, and other skills being updated like this shortly down the road.

dawnsigblue-3.png

so many people are maxing out now, the skilling process for most skills are way to fast. They are trying to make the game more challenging.

1. It is the same speed

2. It is a lot more realistic (before when mining iron, you would get the ore before the pickaxe touches the rock)

3. Why must everyone whine about every single update, be thankful they updated the game. People keep asking for something over and over (e.g. dragon full, and when it is released there are so many people complaning about it.

If you want to play a game that never gets updated, go back to RSC.

mathisfun.png

LIVE WITH IT, KID.

What if Jagex took off all Runescape Videos from YouTube and said "LIVE WITH IT, KID." You would be pissed too don't lie! He's pissed of the new mining update and so am I.

what if they just walked into every players house and shot them in the head, then shouted "LIVE WITH IT KID"

LIVE WITH IT, KID.

I wouldnt mind if they took them all off YouTube... theres plenty of websites with RS videos anyway... As long as they dont take away the Star Wars Spoofs, that is where I draw the line... :shame:

I dont powermine so this wont affect me... since I like money I dont powermine iron, I mine coal and sell it all... :thumbsup:

Pasty.png

LIVE WITH IT, KID.

You can't compare a 1-2 second effect with a month-long effect. Jagex makes a smal 'tweak' and sonone just HAS to complain. Can't you small-update whiners just live with it though?

+1. It's for the common good, not for a bunch of effeminate 10 year olds who can't take it when their widdle mining emote is changed.

Jeeze, never thought i'd get flamed soo much. BTW, i'm not 10, i'm 13.

I personally don't have a problem with it. Yes it's pointless, but it doesn't slow me down anymore then I was before. The only problem now is they ruined the sound. Either I'm not hearing it right or something but the sound only emerges when you get the ore from the rock. What happened to the sound when you tap the rock before swinging and what happened to the sound of the initial impact?

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Yeah, there's something wrong with the sounds. I personally don't mind the emote... I didn't find it anyhow slow. It looks funny though, at first I thought Harrinator1 was dusting the rock with the tip of his pickaxe then, slammed it on the rock :-s

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

It's more realistic, except for the first part where you have convulsions. How would you feel if you had to bring down 7 pounds of metal on a rock? And stop complaining because before, in Classic, you had fatigue, which would stop your mining because you were tired.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~