Pre-marital sex--

Kashi

(3) How does it automatically equal bad stuff? I could argue that living immorally is bad stuff and then it automatically leads to it. However, I can't say it automatically equals all that bad stuff, but I think chances of experiencing bad stuff caused by sex increase if you choose to have premarital sex. It's like if you've been given a map on how to get to a certain location, but instead of following the map you throw away the map and think that you can find the way on your own. You might find the way on your own but chances increase that you will have some problems getting there.

It's only immoral if you make it immoral. Sexuality is part of human nature. Both genders enjoy it and unlike most animals, we don't have periods when we're active, we are active pretty much all the time. If pleasing these natural wills is immoral for you, that's fine for me. Anyways I see sex as a game of 1, 2 or multiple people who have agreed to its rules and are supposed to enjoy it. If it takes for you the marriage to enjoy it, that's your and your to-be-wife's thing.

In my eyes marriage is just an oldish tradition where you give certain rights to your man/woman. Clicḫ̩̉̉s like premaritial sex and others have nothing to do with 21st (or not even late 20th :P ) century. If you still feel that you need marriage to satisfy your needs, that's not my problem.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you gotta try it before you buy it.

The upper-class car sales places don't allow test drives. ;)

If ya' get what I'm sizzayin'.

act like u got money and u can test drive anything...

as for cars ive tested those nice lexus's that park themselvs :)

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

just had the scare of my life...

before going to bed i take a shower. i look down and wow what do u know ive got what looks like a bug bite on the tip of my [jolly wand] :P

i dont really think of it much bc i had bug bites on my body from being in the woods. well the next morning it turns into a blister and is kind of spreading. at this point im freaking out and basically about to cry..

so i go to doctor and find out its just a skin infection..now im taking antibiotics.

moral of the story. sex leads to lots of wierd [cabbage].

Moral of the story, kids: don't be daft, cover your shaft.

dont no many girls that like the taste of laytex...

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Man, you gotta try it before you buy it.

The upper-class car sales places don't allow test drives. ;)

If ya' get what I'm sizzayin'.

act like u got money and u can test drive anything...

as for cars ive tested those nice lexus's that park themselvs :)

That wasn't really the point of my statement, but most upper-class car places don't allow test drives to ANYONE, no matter if they have money or not. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

before going to bed i take a shower. i look down and wow what do u know ive got what looks like a bug bite on the tip of my [jolly wand] :P

i dont really think of it much bc i had bug bites on my body from being in the woods. well the next morning it turns into a blister and is kind of spreading. at this point im freaking out and basically about to cry..

so i go to doctor and find out its just a skin infection..now im taking antibiotics.

They make flavoured condoms precisely for this purpose (be safe when having any kind of sex, including oral sex!)

The vanilla ones, I find, actually taste pretty good.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I have to say this topic has been... informative. And thought provoking. I actually read the lot.

And now the bit I'm dreading. I hate myself for saying this, but here goes anyway:

Korskin, you seem an alright person.

My reason for hating myself? You are religious. But thats another topic altogether.

The reason you seem alright? The fact that you were willing to argue your point, without relying on the 'God is right' argument.

You started off with abald statement backed up with

Because the Bible says so.

In my view, this is one of the most moronic statements it is possible to make. And you were rightly challenged.

BUT instead of going off on a self righteous bible bashing spree, you actually tried to find reasons for your views. That in itself is impressive to me - too many people rely on 'the bible says so, reason enough'. Heck, I personally don't think they were very good reasons, and were a bit absolute, but that isn't the point.

Now most of your arguments, I disagree with. In fact, I don't think that sex outside marriage is neccessarily bad, but I'll get onto my thoughts soon.

And then this:

So my views are being punished by the fact that humans are idiots incapable of following a set of morals? I don't want to interfere with peoples free will to do whatever they want. My goal is just to express that I believe that the world would be a better place without premarital sex.

Now, this made sense to me. It might not be what you were trying to say, but the message that got through to me was this:

That if everyone followed the code of morals set out by the bible, the world would be a better place.

And heck, I cant disagree with that. Okay there are pretty objectionable bits in the bible, but the overall message is a good one.

So thank you Korskin for taking the time and effort to put forward a better argument than your first one =D>

And now I shall add my own thoughts. And I hope that everyone, especially Korskin, can see my point of view.

I personally cannot accept as some do that the bible is automatically right because it says so. That is a circular argument, and abhorrent to me. So while a lot of the stuff in it makes sense, I would rather find other reasons for it.

We can assume that the bible (and this goes for any holy book) was written for a reason. Something that big does not just come about through idle doodles. There are then two possibilities for its reason for existing.

The first is that it was divinely inspired, and that there is a god exactly as described. I'm afraid I find this hard to accept, for many reasons.

The second is that a group of people recorded their history, legends and beliefs in a manner such that they could be tranferred throughout that society, and understood by that society. This appears more likely to me.

Which leads on to this - the moral codes set out in the bible must therefore be the moral codes of this group of people. These moral codes developed (evolved if you like - evolution is not just genetic) for a reason, and must have made the tribe more successful. After all, if they were bad for the group we wouldn't be following them! By this argument, god is a metaphor, a reason to follow the moral codes. If you accept this, there is no need to beleive in a god, as you can follow the moral codes for the simple reason that they are good for society.

Now let us assume that, despite that argument, god does exist. The argument is no less logical, no less worthwhile. If the moral codes are in fact derived from god, the end result is the same.

Now, I personally am of the belief that god does exist. This allows me to assume that the moral codes are able to change over time. What is good for you yesterday may not be good for you tommorrow. Those moral codes should still serve the purpose of being good for society.

And now we come to my opinion on sex. I do not think that marriage is neccessary. However, I do believe that a certain level of commitment is neccessary. There is still a small chance that a child might be born as a result. Regardless of individual counter-examples, a loving, stable two parent family is best for a child. A couble having sex must be prepared for that eventuality. This level of commitment is probably about the same as required for marriage.

I think that everyone should have a moral code to aspire to, whether inspired by religious dogma or logic. If that were the case, and people kept to it (impossible I know), the world would be a better place. But you cannot assume that your moral code or reasons for it are the only ones.

I hope that made sense to everyone. It certainly cleared a few things up in my mind. Thinking about this in a logical manner certainly has made me slightly less hostile towards the religious. My hostility stems from a church youth group. People who believe that schools purposefully lie to us about evolution, and that the earth really was made 6000 years ago in six days, and that all evidence to the contrary is god testing us. I broke with the group after realising their inability and unwillingness to back up their assertions in an argument. I somehow came to believe that all religious people are like this.

So thank you Korskin.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

They make flavoured condoms precisely for this purpose (be safe when having any kind of sex, including oral sex!)

The vanilla ones, I find, actually taste pretty good.

Whooooaaaaah there, buddy. You;re gonna give yourself an aneurism.

But Evrae, I see your point on Korskin. I don't like him too much because of the whole religious thing, but your post made me respect him a lot more.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I must admit that I'm puzzled by the predominance of atheists on these forums. I know I'm one, and I can hardly complain, but you'd expect them to more accurately reflect the whole of society.

Any ideas why that could be?

Oh, and Lenin64, does your name accurately reflect your political beliefs? I'm just intrigued - I've never met a committed communist. Though one of my teachers does come pretty close...

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Yea, I'm committed. Im a little new at it, though, so I haven't read all the literature (currently working on "What Is To Be Done? by Lenin, which I'm told is essential stuff. Havent gotten that far yet though, but he really didn;t like the newsletter Rabocheye Dyelo because of their Economism), but I'm getting further.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Sex is fun itshould be seen as a sport

Who Cares about marriage, Sex :- Nothing wrong with it atoll its fun and dosent hurt anyone

SEX FTW

Seen as a sport huh? That's kind of like watching strong people making p*rn if you will... Just less nasty I guess.

But yeah, I'm totally for it... as long as they use protection and both peeps want to be pleasured :D.

So you're actually suggesting JaGex implements something into the game which for several years have been trying to stop?... :XD:
wo0tilici0us.png

What if she was hawt.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

What if she was hawt.

Hawt and rich,i would consider 8-)

But what if she were so stupid she injures hereself trying to read a book? I wouldn;t marry someobdy like that, no matter how rich or hot she is...

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

What if she was hawt.

Hawt and rich,i would consider 8-)

But what if she were so stupid she injures hereself trying to read a book? I wouldn;t marry someobdy like that, no matter how rich or hot she is...

what if the injury was just a papercut? do you mean a severe injury?

So you're actually suggesting JaGex implements something into the game which for several years have been trying to stop?... :XD:
wo0tilici0us.png

I think what he's trying to say is he wouldn't date a hot woman who was Jessica Simpson kind of stupid.

Personally I have it in for nerds who wear glasses and have extremely high IQ's :wink: That's sexy to me.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Personally I have it in for nerds who wear glasses and have extremely high IQ's :wink: That's sexy to me.

Nah, you're just saying that for the introvert geek factor on this forum :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This has definitly been interesting for me. Just the other day, my friends and I were arguing about it. What's my opinion? I have none. If you wanna be a jackass and not use a condom and get AIDs, that's your problem. If you wanna wait till you get married, good for you. If you don't wanna wait, once again, good for you. I'm neutral.

Harmonicdoom.png

If you wanna be a jackass and not use a condom and get AIDs,

This really bugs me. People have this stupid notion that not using a condom or and many other random things will give you AIDS.

You will only get aids if the other person has aids. It is the exact same as any STD, you will only get it if the other person has it. If both people are clean, the only use for a condom is as a conterceptive to lower the risk of pregnancy.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

If you wanna be a jackass and not use a condom and get AIDs,

This really bugs me. People have this stupid notion that not using a condom or and many other random things will give you AIDS.

You will only get aids if the other person has aids. It is the exact same as any STD, you will only get it if the other person has it. If both people are clean, the only use for a condom is as a conterceptive to lower the risk of pregnancy.

Sorry. Didn't mean to affend you. Lemme re-phrase it: If you wanna be a jackass and take the possible risk of getting AIDs if your partner has it, that's your problem.

I wasn't trying to come in here, and be offensive. I fully admit I didn't phrase that right. I apologize.

Harmonicdoom.png

Nah, you're just saying that for the introvert geek factor on this forum

I have never dated someone who has not worn glasses and smart hehe.

I have a pic of my partner and I on Delerias forum. My hawt nerd <3:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Nah, you're just saying that for the introvert geek factor on this forum

I have never dated someone who has not worn glasses and smart hehe.

I have a pic of my partner and I on Delerias forum. My hawt nerd <3:

Fair enough :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It's fine, in fact - it should be encouraged. :o

Marrige is really only a formal and legal agreement between two parties,

as long as both parties consent and are over say, 15, It's perfectly fine.

I would encourage the use of protection though. :-s