Pre-marital sex--

Kashi

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anyone should be against something because of what a book says, you should make your own decision on the matter, not say, o well i'm X religion and our [insert holy book here] says it's bad.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Let me attempt to push this thread back in the direction of the topic...

I'm saving myself for wild, passionate, awkward, honeymoon sex. I want the woman I spend my life with to be the first and only woman I'm that intimate with. It's a way of showing her how much respect and love I have for her, and I plan on marrying someone who would give her future husband those same considerations.

I believe that premarital or extramarital sex is unwise. Sex is a wonderful, beautiful thing, but it's also a powerful, dangerous thing. To use a fairly common analogy, fire is wonderful if you keep it in the fireplace. If you take it out of the fireplace, it burns down the house. Premarital sex takes a powerful physical and emotional connection and removes it from the fireplace of a commitment. Either that, or it cheapens it, reducing sex to a mere physical pleasure, a bodily function. Promiscuity takes something that I believe ought to be a grand adventure embarked upon by a husband and wife and removes the wonder, reduces it to a handshake.

I'm not willing to play with fire outside of the fireplace, nor am I willing to reduce the fire to embers. I want a bright, blazing, beautiful fire that warms the house, rather than burns it. So I plan to keep the fire in the fireplace.

I couldn't have said it better. Be wary, because the flesh is very, very potent as your enemy though. Paul wasn't kidding when he said to flee from sexual temptation. Don't let pride convince you that you are strong enough or you will fall. There's no may, you will.

Doomsavenger, what if I were to tell you that I believe what my holy book says about premarital sex because I see how what is writen reflects reality?

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

I'm saving myself for wild, passionate, awkward, honeymoon sex. I want the woman I spend my life with to be the first and only woman I'm that intimate with. It's a way of showing her how much respect and love I have for her, and I plan on marrying someone who would give her future husband those same considerations.

I believe that premarital or extramarital sex is unwise. Sex is a wonderful, beautiful thing, but it's also a powerful, dangerous thing. To use a fairly common analogy, fire is wonderful if you keep it in the fireplace. If you take it out of the fireplace, it burns down the house. Premarital sex takes a powerful physical and emotional connection and removes it from the fireplace of a commitment. Either that, or it cheapens it, reducing sex to a mere physical pleasure, a bodily function. Promiscuity takes something that I believe ought to be a grand adventure embarked upon by a husband and wife and removes the wonder, reduces it to a handshake.

I'm not willing to play with fire outside of the fireplace, nor am I willing to reduce the fire to embers. I want a bright, blazing, beautiful fire that warms the house, rather than burns it. So I plan to keep the fire in the fireplace.

Going to have to put my two cents in and say that this post made the entire 12 pages of flames worthwhile

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I enjoyed reading your point of view and I'm not going to make fun of it because that is your opinion and I respect that entirely.

I just couldn't help myself but this is what came in to my mind when I read your post.

"This is spot. Spot can run. Run spot run" hehehe

Just the way you described the fire place... Yeah forget it I'm just silly :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I dont necessarily agree with it, but it is not bad. There are quite a few pros and cons. What if there is a (unwanted) child? That will cause lots of stress and problems. You usually dont know if your partner has an STD or stuff like that so it is "less" safe.

Its still not totally bad.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Why? It's still sex - just no help.

So, if it was done before marriage, would it be wrong because in a sense it's "pre-marital sex."

Its stupid because out of all the reasoning he gave none of that could happen through masturbation.

Seriously, its a stupid argument to bring up and shouldn't have been even brought into the discussion in the first place.

errr...difference between night and day anyone??

as saturday night live said "safe sex is in your hands! sex can wait, masturbate!"

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

stuff

I don't understand how somebody who is not an administrator or moderator, hell somebody who has not been here as long as me or posted as much. How they can tell me to leave the forum. That same person can make such a judgemental comment that 'nobody likes striker6', you're as bad as Led Zeppelin talking about E-Cred :lol:

Actually Tigra irritates everybody in debates mainly because he stereotypes all Christians to be fundamentalists and flames anybody that remotely disagress with him. But you're probably just going to ignore that because you know, he's supporting you in your verbal attacks on me.

You're also as bad, (for example) you had a rant at Futurama when you know nothing at all about him, yet you felt the need to inform him that he was spoilt and immature for some reason. Yet you're the person that is obviously alot more mature than everybody here afterall you are always offering your such helpful advice nevermind how condoscending it makes you appear. Atleast when I make comments to people they are without malice and not (like you) HUGE paragrahs on how they are lazy, selfish, ignorant people and how you're so much more mature than them. But then again I'm not as hyper sensitive as you and expect people to you know, not get offended by someone that they don't even know :-s

Anywayz thanks for your post, if you can bash out a couple of paragraphs to somebody you know nothing about I must really mean quite alot to you. But if we continue this we are both going to get banned.

No one likes you striker, go away.

And you damn well know I've been here longer than you.

Oh please, children, knock it off.

Striker, don't pretend you don't like irritating us all. You do, it's why you're here.

All the rest, don't pretend you don't like having Striker here, without him, we'd all be agreeing so much and being pleasant and telling each other how much we like each other, which would be fun for a day and drop dead boring the next.

Haha and now I'm gonna be flamed -very understandably and reasonably, I'm sure- for being the newest noob here who doesn't know a thing and should shut up altogether :lol:.

[hide]

Oh please, children, knock it off.

Striker, don't pretend you don't like irritating us all. You do, it's why you're here.

All the rest, don't pretend you don't like having Striker here, without him, we'd all be agreeing so much and being pleasant and telling each other how much we like each other, which would be fun for a day and drop dead boring the next.

Haha and now I'm gonna be flamed -very understandably and reasonably, I'm sure- for being the newest noob here who doesn't know a thing and should shut up altogether :lol:.

[/hide]

"Make peace, not War(craft)"

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Well, in my opinion sex issacred and means a hell of a lot more than a piece of paper between 2 or more people who love each other :? So hey, If they want to let them Right? And I think I would enjoy an eternity in hell. lol :shock: :lol:

Well, in my opinion sex issacred and means a hell of a lot more than a piece of paper between 2 or more people who love each other :? So hey, If they want to let them Right? And I think I would enjoy an eternity in hell. lol :shock: :lol:

Its generally a good idea to make sense when you try to express your opinions in a debate.

But what am I to know?

It does make sense, I think. I'm sorry i have an abstract mind, I can't explain myself with any ease.

Ok explination, I have pagan ideals, i think sex is sacred. I really do not see how one piece of paper can say whether or not i commit to a sacred act. Sure marriage creates stability, but nowadays people can leave marriage just as easily as they entered it. <.< Any way life is to short, there are some people who wait and wait and never experience it, personally i think it is a waste.

just had the scare of my life...

before going to bed i take a shower. i look down and wow what do u know ive got what looks like a bug bite on the tip of my [jolly wand] :P

i dont really think of it much bc i had bug bites on my body from being in the woods. well the next morning it turns into a blister and is kind of spreading. at this point im freaking out and basically about to cry..

so i go to doctor and find out its just a skin infection..now im taking antibiotics.

moral of the story. sex leads to lots of wierd [cabbage].

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

just had the scare of my life...

before going to bed i take a shower. i look down and wow what do u know ive got what looks like a bug bite on the tip of my [jolly wand] :P

i dont really think of it much bc i had bug bites on my body from being in the woods. well the next morning it turns into a blister and is kind of spreading. at this point im freaking out and basically about to cry..

so i go to doctor and find out its just a skin infection..now im taking antibiotics.

moral of the story. sex leads to lots of wierd [cabbage].

Moral of the story, kids: don't be daft, cover your shaft.

Lets just hope the fire doesn't die :P

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Striker6 wrote: some crap

I'm sorry all I heard was white noise.

Moral of the story, kids: don't be daft, cover your shaft.

Haha new slogan for condom boxes.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I think fire is wonderful no matter where it is...I'm speaking literally, of course. But how does premarital sex "burn the house down". is that unwanted pregnancies, STDs, etc.?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Besides, you are offending some people in one way or another. I don't remember seeing an apology for Korskin when everyone ridiculed him for his beliefs. No one's beliefs are really inferior/superior to another's. If someone decides to live loosely and another decides to be extremely close-minded and stands up for their beliefs even if they cannot prove anything, what's the difference?

Everyone quit being so damned hypocritical.

[...]

Personally, I'm appalled by those that [...] ridicule someone for having different beliefs [...].

*annoying buzzer sound*

WRONG.

You may be confusing your statement with the fact that no human being is superior to another in value. One's opinions and beliefs, based on differing levels of expertise and quantities of knowledge known, can be superior to anothers.

There are basically two types of beliefs currently on this thread: 1) naive idealistic romantic opinions and 2) realistic, experienced, knowledgable opinions. Sorry fellas, guna go with the realistic ones.

I have to disagree slightly. I do believe that there is a right and a wrong, a true and a false. It is obvious that such is the case in describing nature. Either my house is red or my house is not red. It does not depend on who is looking. If my house is red, and I say it is green, then I am lying. I believe that the same holds for intellectual possitions as well. This includes the statement that either premarital sex is good or premarital sex is not good. In order to address this question, we need to look at ethics.

I tend toward being utilitarian. What I want is the greatest good for the greatest number of people. (What I really want is perfect goodness for all people but that isn't happening until Messiah returns again so I settle for utilitarianism in the mean time). This is what I mean by good; to the extent that an action or event is beneficial to all involved it is a good action or event.

In light of that, let's look at the pros and cons of sex both in a healthy marriage and outside of a healthy marriage. (A healthy marriage is for the sake of this particular examination any heterosexual relationship in which both partners are completely committed to one another, make efforts to communicate with and be understanding of one another, and have decided to bind themselves together so tightly that in a very real sence they become a composite entity, a whole being unto themselves. I define it this way because I do believe that people who have genuinely made that commitment ought to be classified as in some sence already having fulfilled that commitment since it isn't possible to prove that they or any will until they have at the end of their lives when one partner passes on.)

Pros inside a healthy marriage relationship: A very fierce sence of oneness besets the lovers. Very good stress releiver. Aids in focusing on the other's needs, takes a person's focus off of themselves. Fun. Gives good excuse to connect with one another. Can be something to laugh at.

Cons inside a healthy marriage relationship: Can cause change of plans in the event of an unplanned pregnancy. Can consume a lot of time. Complicates things when it doesn't go smoothly (such as one partner being ill, or exhausted and not being able to preform).

Pros outside of a healthy marriage relationship: Feels good. Relieves stress. Fun. Can be something to laugh at.

Cons outside of a healthy marriage relationship: Can be devisive when the lovers are not completely committed to the good of the other. Complicates things when it doesn't go smoothly. Risks damaging the lives of both partners in the event of an unplanned pregnancy. Socially frowned upon (this really is a con, though not a major one in my assessment). Risk of placing too much emphasis on physical sensation damaging the relationship. Can consume a lot of time.

I could probably go on. None of these lists are exhaustive. However it is my belief that outside of a healthy marriage relationship, whether it is in an unhealthy marriage or in an unhealthy pre-marriage relationship sex is a bad thing. Having been there, I would actually go a step farther and say even in a healthy pre-marriage relationship it is still a bad thing. However some of the destructive potential is lost if (as is the case with my fiance' and I) both partners are committed to marriage and more significantly to one another for the remainder of their lives. I can not argue that from a purely logical footing however so rather then arguing "because my holy book says so"* I won't do so at all.

*I do think that such an argument can be as legitimate as most others on ethical issues but certian prerequisites for the beliefworthyness of the system espoused by the holy book must be established and I don't want to go that far off the topic at hand... Besides, I have to get up and cook early tomorrow so I'm going to bed.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

something that should have been asked a long time ago: does this thread concentrate more on steady couples getting their freak on, one-night stands, or both?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

something that should have been asked a long time ago: does this thread concentrate more on steady couples getting their freak on, one-night stands, or both?

Ive been wondering this too. If its the one night stand that everyone has been talking about, well i don't support that as much (Its not something id advise, but I wouldn't hate the person if i knew they did it). Now if it's two people who have been together for about 3-6 months (even longer is better) then ya, i think thats ok. The people know each other (i would think they would). Why not? (Sorry about terrible grammar, just got off wow and want to go to bed, im not proof reading.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

it's fine with me but I don't really have a problem with anything as long as party A isn't hurting party B then they can do anything they want. I don't plan to wait until I'm married to have sex so I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I don't plan to get married at all.

it's fine with me but I don't really have a problem with anything as long as party A isn't hurting party B then they can do anything they want. I don't plan to wait until I'm married to have sex so I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I don't plan to get married at all.

+1

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Uhh thanks to the kind mod who decided to wipe out half of the last page's post and yet not say why. Let alone write a message of courtiousy stating who it was. :uhh:

Haha Zonorhc I lol'd over that quote. :lol: