Pre-marital sex--

Kashi

Hi everybody thanks for turning up tonight, my name is Mel and I'm a sexaholic :P

Get a partner who's good in bed, there's most of your marriage problems solved.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker, Insane and Serephurus, you've bypassed the serious part of my post and focused on my little attempt at humour (albeit slightly warped). Lighten up a little, guys.

I was only answering your question on how he came to the conclusion that that was a shallow analogy. I didn't feel the need to address your points because I think that we have already discussed the issue with each other on the previous thread.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'm not going to look up statistics but it seems likely that you won't get any STD's if you stick to the same partner your whole life.

And what about hereditary diseases?

Tell me, in a scenario where two adults have known each other and been dating for well over a year, have been tested and have no STD's, and are even willing to have a baby before marriage, what do you find so immoral about them having sex?

Because the Bible says so.

I didn't ask why (though some verses would be nice), I asked what.

Having sex and not being married is what's immoral.

The daughters of Lot had sex with him without marriage, and they certainly weren't punished in any way by your God.

Before that, Lot offered his (already married) daughters to a crowd of rapists so they wouldn't assault an angel sent by God, and he wasn't punished for that. In fact, God punished the city of Sodom with a bloody firestorm because they wouldn't have sex with the (ALREADY MARRIED) girls instead.

I can't find the specific reference, but there is a passage in the Bible where a man is punished by God for not ejaculating inside his brother's wife, rather than for the act of adultery itself.

Oh noes! We have to ejaculate inside our brother's wife or we will be punished by God? Oh damn. I don't have a brother so I'm screwed!

Isn't there like another verse that said if you masturbate (AKA jack off) and you ejaculate and it gets on the floor, you could be damned or something?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Porsche or convertible Suz? :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Having sex and not being married is what's immoral.

I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it here: What if if a person doesn't want to get married (Me). How is it possibly immoral? Just because I don't want to be bonded by a materialistic ceremony that was created by man for an unknown reason (although I'm guess religion, which isn't a good enough reason to get me to do it, cause I'm atheist). If I were you, I would rethink this whole "If the bible says it, it must be the right thing to do." Doesn't it say that it's right to kill Jews or something along those lines? (never read the thing)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The bible also says that man was created 6,000 years ago, is that something you believe too, solely because it's written in a book? Is the only opinion you have on the subject that the bible says it, you have no personal beliefs on the matter?

No it's not the only opinion I have on the subject. I'm convinced that the world would be a better place without premarital sex, as I wrote in my initial reply on this thread.

Which is exactly what I just asked you. What are those reasons?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Fact: The world would be better off without premarital sex.

Fact: Just because it is the *best* decision *most* of the time does not necessarily make it a moral choice.

However, just because it has a higher potential to have negative consequences than sex within marriage does NOT mean that it is "immoral".

You have no grounds to say that premarital sex is immoral unless you blindly say "because god and the bible say so". The consequences of sex are not certain, and it is only the consequences which could pose moral dilemma (providing that there were consenting partners).

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

The bible is just a book...

I think somewhere it says that God will always forgive you no matter what. So when you've pre-marital sex you won't burn in hell.

(I'm not sure about the statement, I've never really read the bible but I guess that's what's the bottom line.)

Okay guys, can we get over that whole "test drive" line now? :roll: It's not really worth arguing over. Obviously it wasn't meant to be an offensive statement or anything.

-----

I agree entirely with Stilev and several other people who posted comments similar to his. I don't see sex as something that should be thrown around casually, which sadly is how most teenagers view it these days (in agreement with Nick_6464). I'm one of those cheesy cliche people who thinks that your first time (and every time, really) should be special (and with someone special) and not with some shady guy or girl that you barely know. I think it depends more on who you're doing it with and why you're doing it, as opposed to when.

I agree, Tripsis. I do believe that premarital sex is wrong. Partly because of religious reasons, partly because of not wanting diaseses, but mostly because I want the person I eventually marry to be worth the wait. And I think it will be. Hooking up with some random girl at some party, where everybody is boozing, doesn't really appeal to me.

So I guess I'm one of those cheesy "Lets wait until we're married" people. Oh well, I'm okay with that.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

i get myself pregnant before i got married(was due to get married in july, found out my daughter was due in the july so we brought the wedding forward to the february. the pill let me down )

i see nothing wrong with it, it doesn't seem right to condemn another persons choice and willingness to have sex with another imo.

it was my choice to sleep with my partner before marriage, how do i have the right to say its wrong, when i have done it myself?

as long as it is two people who are both willing and able, who are we to judge upon them?

live and let live i say

i have ibs, which basically means upset stomach on a bad day. those interfere with the pill. hence why i got pregnant while using it :-$

edit: rofl eels, my daughter turns 14 this month, but late for the congrats. thanks anyway lol :XD:

Rofl! Talk about me reading it wrong! Well tell your daughter I said congrats on being born 14 years ago! :lol:

Oh noes! We have to ejaculate inside our brother's wife or we will be punished by God? Oh damn. I don't have a brother so I'm screwed!

Isn't there like another verse that said if you masturbate (AKA jack off) and you ejaculate and it gets on the floor, you could be damned or something?

All Old Testament scriptures (the first one I think is slightly correct though I don't think the 2nd one is true). Either way if you're a Jew your "screwed" (considering their still under that Old Testament religious law) but if you're a Christian living under the New Testament covenant then that doesn't apply. Especially considering the society we live in today, that's just weird and wrong!

You gotta test drive the car before you buy it. :lol:

That's how you trick a hooker.

You'll probably get shanked in the throat.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

A defense of the "You've gotta test drive a car before you buy it" line:

(First, I note that the following is my personal opinion - that is, I respect other people who make other decisions, but I would like to defend the decisions I have made as being valid and not immoral.)

Marriage is a serious commitment. I honestly believe that, and I think divorce should be entered very seriously - I would only get divorced if I or my children were being physically or seriously emotionally abused. If my partner cheated on me, we would make it work, etc.

Since marriage is such a serious commitment, I don't believe one should enter into it lightly. When one gets married, ze should realize they're going to be spending the rest of their lives together. So I would like to have sex with my partner and even also live together for a while before getting married and making that ultimate commitment.

That said, I'd also like to defend more casual sex - that is, not just premarital sex, but amarital sex; sex where there is never any pretense of ever getting married. I think that as long as such sexual situations are entered into safely and with the consent of all involved (yes, I see sexual situations with more than two people as fine, too), there is no problem. Even further, I think it can be a good decision, if someone recognizes that they should not get emotionally attached, and enjoys the physical pleasure that accompanies it.

That said, while I do think such casual sex is perfectly fine and have even engaged in such activity myself, I also think that it clearly doesn't compare to sex that has the added emotional factor, as well. They are different types of activities. One is just fun and feels good; the other is intimate and meaningful. Both are OK in my opinion.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I fully respect all other people's opinions but I would say you should not have pre-martial sex on my belief because... its kind of hard to explain but one of the reasons is I'd feel a little betrayed and that kind of stuff should only happen between two strongly bonded, permanent people and should not be a reason for the bonding and should not be done with lots of others.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Does anyone truly know the truth?

According to the bible, after Eve took of the fruit and gave to Adam they learned the difference between good and evil.

Of course that part could just be a myth (which I strongly support that it is a myth) and is just a way of explaining how our conscious came to be.

Have you done something that you know you were not supposed to do? Did it make you feel real good at first and then later on you felt guilty? Well, while it may not have been evil. It was something you should not have done.

However, if you do not feel guilty at all when you do something then obviously it must be an okay thing to do. Problem with this is there are supposed killers out there that say they feel nothing at all when they kill someone. So then does it mean they are not guilty? Well obviously they are regardless if they are insane or not.

What about sex then? Sex is no doubt supposed to feel good. It is a way of actually showing someone that you want to make them feel good. This type of sex is good. However, when you want the other person to make you feel good then obviously it is not good and I feel is wrong. Of course it is a different story when your spouse is not giving you any action at all. It is okay to want in that circumstance.

Bottom line is:

If you feel guilty afterwards it's wrong.

You know it is wrong then it is wrong.

Action is based on wants and not needs (no one NEEDS to have sex, although it has its health benefits)

You do not feel guilty then it is usually okay.

(help me add more here, I can not think of any more)

Hope this clarifies things.

In my opinion...

If you're past "that" stage of puberty and aren't stupid, go ahead.

Edit: And also, our bodies tend to have "those" urges at teenage years, so I see fitting that as a survival technique humans were made to reproduce in teenage years, not that I plan on it.

1z2zrwo.jpg

As long as both parties agree to it, then theres really nothing anyone can say to change their minds.

Yeah I hope so, otherwise thats called rape and an entirely different thread.

I think premarital sex is superb. And anyone that says the contrary is playing the nice guy card, is gay or has a three inch penis.

I've indulged in both casual and deep and meaningful. Casual is great, as long as you make it clear you're not after a relationship it's fine. Me and my ex whom I was very close to, and had a a special connection with, we waited for over a year before we did the nasty, and went on for another two years after that (I broke up with her, and am currently regretting the said decision, we're going to give it another go :thumbsup:), lets just say, you do get alot more from the deep and meaningful, having someone that you love to hold afterwards is, also superb.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

you do get alot more from the deep and meaningful, having someone that you love to hold afterwards is, also superb.

Yeah, that just about answers my view on this subject.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It's only pre-marital sex if you get married :o

Honestly, do what you'd like. Sex is a physical action. It's only as emotional as you make it

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Premarital sex? Yes, please.

I couldn't imagine the opposite. What if you don't match in bed? If there's no spark, or your partner prefers activities you don't or the other way around? Yipes.

I don't see why the wedding night would lose any of it's special value either. From what I've heard from the elder generations, that first wedding night was quite dreadful. So much tension, not quite knowing what to do. I'd rather have a wonderful night with the person I chose to spend my life with, without the pressure and knowing him and his body well.

Fact: The world would be better off without premarital sex.

Fact: Just because it is the *best* decision *most* of the time does not necessarily make it a moral choice.

However, just because it has a higher potential to have negative consequences than sex within marriage does NOT mean that it is "immoral".

You have no grounds to say that premarital sex is immoral unless you blindly say "because god and the bible say so". The consequences of sex are not certain, and it is only the consequences which could pose moral dilemma (providing that there were consenting partners).

The only reason I'm saying it's immoral is because of the Bible. However my personal opinion (not based on the Bible) is that premarital sex leads to a lot of bad things. If it's a fact that the world would be a better place, then perhaps making the world a better place isn't something everyone would sign up for.

untitledyw7.png