I bet you never knew... ~\500+ facts collected/~

tintin113

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you know

statistically by the sheer volume of rs players everything is known by atleast 1 person already.

Did you know that..

In theory, there could be a minigame noone knows about.

No, I really don't play anymore.

Did you know that when POH's came out, there was a glory-duping glitch, which duped glories if you click "Remove" out of building mode, which severely dropped the prices of glories, and many players profited greatly from it, one of the most popular being n0valyfe who received over 1.5k amulets of glory from the bug?

Did you know that when POH's came out, there was a glory-duping glitch, which duped glories if you click "Remove" out of building mode, which severely dropped the prices of glories, and many players profited greatly from it, one of the most popular being n0valyfe who received over 1.5k amulets of glory from the bug?

yet he's not banned? that's weird. oh, that would explain why glory prices are down so much from when my friend used to play, i wasn't member then but he was. they were 120k. he didn't believe me when i told him they are 60k now.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

that really explains a lot, when i just quit (this was before construction) glories were around 80-100k i think, this explains tons.

Did you know: The xp it takes to get 99 from 97, is the same as it takes to get 1-81

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

ok ok i'll add one, though it's probably well known.

did you know: about halfway from leveling up from 89 to 90, you have 50% of the xp needed for a 99 in that skill?

incorrect at around level 92 you have enough exp to cover half of a 99

Personally, I think that N0valyfe should have at least got a load of black marks for doing that, although it does explain why they went from 100k to 50-60k so quickly.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

egamer"]
ok ok i'll add one, though it's probably well known.

did you know: about halfway from leveling up from 89 to 90, you have 50% of the xp needed for a 99 in that skill?

incorrect at around level 92 you have enough exp to cover half of a 99

that's weird. some guy on these forums had a draynor goal sig, can't remember the stat but it was at 89 going to 99, he was 50%. guess the draynor sig isn't always correct or my memory sucks. scratch that my memory sucks.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Did you know...

When you gain a level on a rock, if you click "Click here to continue" on the congratulations message after the rock has re-spawned that your character auto-mines it. This also works with other skills (i.e. - combat, magic, range).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

There are many more, as found out in the development diaries, that there are alot of employees working on scripts, design and ways to make the script easier. =D>

That leads me to another fact:

Did you know that RuneScape is programmed in a form of Java called 'RuneScript' which was created by Andrew and Paul to reduce the size of the script tremendously. :shock:

~Calcium \'

RuneScript is not a 'form of java', all it is is a simple method to linking voids with int extensions. For instance, how they add items could be something along the lines of addItem(1444,50);

Meaning, 1444 is the ID, and 50 is the amount, all this does is link to a void, that has something like this, 'public void addItem(int Id, int Amount)'

Then, in that void, there is something like this...

"

outStream.createFrameVarSizeWord(34);

outStream.writeWord(3214);

outStream.writeByte(i);

outStream.writeWord(shotcount);

"

That talks to the client in some way to tell it to add the item there

Now, more on topic, bet ya didnt know any of that.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

There are many more, as found out in the development diaries, that there are alot of employees working on scripts, design and ways to make the script easier. =D>

Did you know that RuneScape is programmed in a form of Java called 'RuneScript' which was created by Andrew and Paul to reduce the size of the script tremendously. :shock:

~Calcium \'

RuneScript is not a 'form of java', all it is is a simple method to linking voids with int extensions. For instance, how they add items could be something along the lines of addItem(1444,50);

Meaning, 1444 is the ID, and 50 is the amount, all this does is link to a void, that has something like this, 'public void addItem(int Id, int Amount)'

"

outStream.writeByte(i);

"

No, RuneScape is written in a Subscript form of Java called 'RuneScript' by Andrew and Paul, to make the script shorter. I remember it from a website of Andrew's about it. And what you just typed is Java anyway :?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

~Calcium \'

"

outStream.writeByte(i);

"

No, RuneScape is written in a Subscript form of Java called 'RuneScript' by Andrew and Paul, to make the script shorter. I remember it from a website of Andrew's about it. And what you just typed is Java anyway :?

I know what they say, and I know how to program in java, all it is is just a simpler way of coding, but, all the real java code is still there, they just make it look easier for the dev team to figure out.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Why did you find it necessary to post how many views this thread has?

So what? and who cares? The fact that you have 4.6k (4.7 now) views and only 170 responses means that out of 4.7k times people viewed this thread, people didnt see the need to say anything 4530 times. WAY TO GO!

Err.. Or they couldn't think of anything that they thought was worth posting (a bit like you I suppose - except they didn't think a flame/spam was worth posting).

O T: I think it would be a good idea to start collating these posts (the constructive ones anyway) into a list in the first post.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I bet you never knew:

That in all random events which take you to another place, your mage book is blocked so that you can not teleport away.

Wrong, the Freak Forester random event does not close the spell book.

Did you know... that two years ago there were almost no macros around??

At least I never saw any.

Did you know... Most people don't bother to train thieving past 53 for desert treasure?

And the last one, Did you know you can "Teleport" out of a cage in a POH by glitching the chair, materializing in the cage tiles, moving out before they are locked, and then materializing outside of them???

Probably not very clear, but my fellow glitchers out there will know what I'm talking 'bout :P:P

newsigac5.png

Why did you find it necessary to post how many views this thread has?

So what? and who cares? The fact that you have 4.6k (4.7 now) views and only 170 responses means that out of 4.7k times people viewed this thread, people didnt see the need to say anything 4530 times. WAY TO GO!

Err.. Or they couldn't think of anything that they thought was worth posting (a bit like you I suppose - except they didn't think a flame/spam was worth posting).

O T: I think it would be a good idea to start collating these posts (the constructive ones anyway) into a list in the first post.

Itsjustagame, please, if you do not want to make constructive posts, then get off this thread.

Cardovilain, the owner is on holiday at the moment so no can do.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!