17 July 2007 - Pest Control update and Game Improvements

no_way2go

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOT!!!! I really hope pc is nerfed good and proper, i use pc (in heart unit) but i'd love to see people return to the old way of training. best update ever i dare say?

Oh and better yet, it ruins pures as far as training at pc is concerned!!! Its worth making pc rubbish just so the smelly little pures can't mess up worlds <3:

Why do I feel good when all pures in Runescape are crying?

Because everyone hates pures! I feel like going on the Official rs forums and putting an apprectiation thread up against the pures =D>

How the hell am I suppose to get 99 Str now? Bandits? I always get lame slayer task.

Is it worth being in Affliction now? Prob Not. What the hell they reduce exp per tickets now too? FFS! If anything I now have to get 100 combat ASAP to get good worlds. WTF!!!!! I want to jump off a cliff.

Jagex sucks nuff said.

Maybe tought of the training the way it was originally ment: on monsters!

You aren't supposed to get 126 cmb in 3 months trough pc, it should take years.

Who the heck whats to play an on-line game for years just to hit the highest combat possible? Not me that's for sure.

Well, Rs is about that. It's about achieving something hard and the feeling which brings that. What's the point of getting 126 combat? Indeed! Nothing besides the achievement itself and the respect you get with that, luckily with this update combat might be respected again.

And yes, that can cost a lot of grinding, if you don't like it, the exit is to your right.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Points now give 35% as much xp (25% for mage/range). However, you get 4 times as many points per game. That means 140% as much xp for melee, and the same amount of xp as before for mage/range. Assuming that the average game time before was 1 minute, and games now take 2 minutes (15 seconds for the portal to die with every 100+ person on the game sounds fair...), that means that the xp you get for melee is now 70% of what it used to be, and for mage/range it's 50% of what it used to be. However, it is no longer necessary to hop worlds. I'm level 100 combat myself. The first really good pest control clan requires 105 combat, so I think this update will improve my xp/game as I spent a lot of time finding a good world previously, as well as putting up with somewhat mediocre worlds because I didn't want to go hopping through half the servers to find a good one again.

Oh and the new random, trade interface, and the ability to avoid warnings are nice :thumbsup:

Why do I feel good when all pures in Runescape are crying?

because they are, alot of pures are very young children/adults that are immature and think that they are entitled to leach off high levels.

oh well... i stopped pcing 6months ago... i used to just stand @ the void knight and baxe spec so the pures had a hard time getting 50 damage.

Item

Attack Bonuses Defence Bonuses Other

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image]

Void Knight top + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 45 + 45 + 45 + 45 + 45 + 0 + 0

[image]

Void Knight robe + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 0 + 0

[image]

Void Knight gloves + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 6 + 0 + 0

[image]

Void melee helm + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 0 + 0

[image]

Void mage helm + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 0 + 0

[image]

Void ranger helm + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 0 + 0

i though they were class specific helms? i mean they look like they are... but they arent.

Jagex 0wnage!!!!

wow, after the lame experience of the new mining emote, these are really amazing updates!

No more axe heads falling off,

no more broke axes

no more nasty messages that irritate the high lvl players

A new kinda nice random event

and i bet MOST of you p2p-ers love the pc update so high lvls can pc normally again. I also heard everyonew in w99 fally at that point of time protesting will be banned :XD:

So yes BEST UPDATE EVER!

Why did they pick W99 to riot? :cry:

Btw, you need to learn to crop :P

And Jagex has only ruined pc for the people who had slowed down the games originally IMO.

How the hell am I suppose to get 99 Str now? Bandits? I always get lame slayer task.

Is it worth being in Affliction now? Prob Not. What the hell they reduce exp per tickets now too? FFS! If anything I now have to get 100 combat ASAP to get good worlds. WTF!!!!! I want to jump off a cliff.

Jagex sucks nuff said.

Who the heck whats to play an on-line game for years just to hit the highest combat possible? Not me that's for sure.

Well, Rs is about that. It's about achieving something hard and the feeling which brings that. What's the point of getting 126 combat? Indeed! Nothing besides the achievement itself and the respect you get with that, luckily with this update combat might be respected again.

And yes, that can cost a lot of grinding, if you don't like it, the exit is to your right.

How the heck is 126 a hugh achievement? There is tons of them what's the difference of I got or someone else did? None, a simple grats and that's it.

Jagex ruined Pc :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Get out please. This update should have been done days after pc came out.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Jagex ruined Pc :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The way I see it, Jagex balanced the game. Pc is not ruined. Its a minigame now. Not something to nolife and get allot of xp from it.

Now maybe doing pc is respected instead of it being called 'cheating the system'.

Oh and one more thing:

IN YOUR FACE PURES!!! AHAHAHAHA *stabs a pure with a spear and throws it off the 100+ boat*

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Jagex sucks nuff said.

How the heck is 126 a hugh achievement? There is tons of them what's the difference of I got or someone else did? None, a simple grats and that's it.

That's exactly the reason why PC has been nerfed.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

No axes?

Are we trying to get rid of the auto'ers? Or helping them? :?

But it has advantages for the real players aswell :)

I love the Pest Control.

By making it harder, it's harder to earn your points and people actually have to do something.

Because of this, these so called 'PC-Products' have to achieve something.

Overall, it's a good update.

But I hoped the Swarm would be removed :cry:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Jagex sucks nuff said.

That's exactly the reason why PC has been nerfed.

Thank god i might add.

dax_jacks.png

dax_jacks.png