17 July 2007 - Pest Control update and Game Improvements

no_way2go

omg, this is the most craziest riot i ever seen...

the most people involved, the most long lasting, the least jmods, the most... i can continue on... that seems that pc do have a big impact on us....

psst....i think we can see the overall rank 1 player is there

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PC has been nerfed! That's one of the best news stories I have read. It was ruining the game, giving everyone 99 skills. At least now it can be enjoyed as a good minigame, instead of "the fast way to 99" game.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

At the 100+ boat with HU, the exp is actually quite faster than it was before. The downside is that the amount of money you get has been reduced, but who cares :P

Is it faster because you don't have to switch worlds anymore or something? I don't see how it could eb faster otherwise. :?

Zeal my friend, Zeal. You spend more time killing monsters now.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

At the 100+ boat with HU, the exp is actually quite faster than it was before. The downside is that the amount of money you get has been reduced, but who cares :P

Is it faster because you don't have to switch worlds anymore or something? I don't see how it could eb faster otherwise. :?

Because everyone in boat is 100+ combat now

Stephleref.png

Can I just remind people of my post from March? We predicted this!!!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=630259

Gotta love accidental KB leaks :D

the sad thing is, we did not predict the portal shields...

thats the main reason why people all freak out now...

Is there a riot world? :twisted:

world 99, our home world... just look around falador center, void knight outpost and the home portal near there...

oh and to show my gravingas's (the ghost protester) efforts on this...

old pc ftw!!! down for portal shields!!!!! wooo!!! wooooooo!!!!! (i am not spamming here)

You'd think people would be glad that the mini-game they'd played 52 THOUSAND times has been updated, but apparently thats not the case, from reading the facts i'd say on the lvl 100+ boat on a busy PC world you'll be making MORE xp than before, this is just a guestimate but i think i'm right. As for pures........hmmm you're charachter has an (INHERENT [due to the [developmentally delayed]ed way Jagex wrote combat])advantage in terms of pvp combat, maybe training SHOULD be harder for you.

You'd think people would be glad that the mini-game they'd played 52 THOUSAND times has been updated, but apparently thats not the case, from reading the facts i'd say on the lvl 100+ boat on a busy PC world you'll be making MORE xp than before, this is just a guestimate but i think i'm right. As for pures........hmmm you're charachter has an advantage in terms of pvp combat, maybe training SHOULD be harder for you.

have you even played once?

the portal shields are making the game a lot harder... it is like double the time than before 1 min games with a pc clan...

th thing is the shifters and enemys are hitting harder which wont be a problem really for a good teamon high level because will just blaze through the portals but the medium boat seems to be harder.

oh well its way better than before.people are just complaining because theyre not getting theyre points every game.

tifsdac6mc.gif

yes ive played PC 50 times exactly according to my PC points, maybe Pures and Pc clans SHOUDLNT make the uber xp they were because it was BROKEN, seriously if i can get 20-30k an hour xp slaying and you can get 130k xp pcing because you know 20 people who have pced for years, then there is no balance. Of course you moan because you became used to MASSIVE XP PER HOUR, now you have to deal with SLIGHTLY LESS XP PER HOUR, tis the end of the world i tell ye, also in old PC i was in a game that lasted less than 20 seconds- thats stupid as anything, good for XP but stupid and stupidness makes mini-games boring and pointless. Try maybe actually training, where you aren't invincible then come giving me grief about my views, cause right now your just a spoilt brat complaining your box of 700 cookies only contains 690 cookies.

Itiots? Have you realized over half of members either are or have a pure? So those nubs are gonna quit cuz pc is gone. your loss i guss. And it would atleast be better is shield was gone so pc games go fast. And why are the xps lowered now. Its not even worth pcing anymore. I might as well quit and tell evryone to quit. Without pc training is different for most members above 80 cb. You konw what people do just to pc! They made clans wit thousands of people. And its all wasted cuz pc is bad now. You know it was good before. You guys want* to try something new. But the truth is it was a waste of an update, waste of half of members who will quit ans waste of time. Who wats to pc at a place where even the 120s are taking 6-20 mins to win??? If jagex played as a normal rs player from 3-126 cb and all that they would see rs as a different place. Its hard enough to train 99 stats but when you ruin pc its like impossible. Pures will bw gone, no1 will bw high lvl, Highest cb stats will be 90 att, pc will be thought of as a pointless waste of rs space.. must i go on? If you leave pc as it is it just wastes rs space. You could put somrthing else there like a wildy that goes to like lvl 70 or something. Pc died thank you jagex! R.i.p. pc we will miss you. I think world 99 has a funeral of pc! This is gonna be fun now i had so many goals. Now i dont even wana play rs anymore. Jagex you ruined my hopes. I got no dreams or anything now. Thank you jagex i love you. You made this game so much better huh? You really are making people mad to be honest. IF you dont change this back to normal im sure theres going to be way less members. I didnt type a 2000 word essay for nothing i have a strong point how old pc was better!!!!!!!!!! You even know it otherwise you wouldnt make a topic for the rant about pc. This is so not kwl. Well ill just wait and see what happens. Theres going to be rampages and half of my friends quit that are pures. They gave away their stuff and left. Gj jagex!!!!!!

I highlighted the best parts. Go to the sticky of the rsof for more of these goodies :lol: .

If all of his friends type in the same manner that he does, then I say well done Jagex. I personally think that Jagex won't mind losing some of their scum members as long as it results in a general improvement of the game. Look at their stance on macroers; we know they lose money when they ban macroers but they do it anyway for the benefit of the game. The same thing goes for PC. Not only was PC causing so many high levels that it wasn't even an accomplishment anymore, but PC attracted a breed of RS gamer that is detrimental to the community: people who hated the game, but still wanted to have their character be be high level for some reason.

Honestly, if you don't like the game then don't play it...you should enjoy training your skills up, not just get a hard-on thinking about how quickly you are increasing your level in an online game. Also, if anyone else says "Wow no one is going to be high level!" then allow me to point at the Slayer highscores. There are plenty of people in this game who train their melees with Slayer. If all of the PC pures quit, I really could not care less.

One more thing, to the level 93 guy...I don't feel like looking for your name but you, sir, are a complete idiot. You say all of these things about the game being ruined blah blah blah and then I find out you aren't even above level 100. My friend started the game two months ago, didn't PC at all, and he is already level 102. If you haven't even been playing long enough to be level 100, then you simply have no idea what this game used to be like and how different the community was when there was no PC. Why exactly should Jagex focus their updates to the people who have been playing for only a month or two? Seems to me like they finally want to make their long term customers happy.

EDIT for the smartest statement I have ever read:

You'd think people would be glad that the mini-game they'd played 52 THOUSAND times has been updated, but apparently thats not the case, from reading the facts i'd say on the lvl 100+ boat on a busy PC world you'll be making MORE xp than before, this is just a guestimate but i think i'm right. As for pures........hmmm you're charachter has an (INHERENT [due to the [developmentally delayed] way Jagex wrote combat])advantage in terms of pvp combat, maybe training SHOULD be harder for you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Two minute games... Times 1540 exp... (For level 83) = 30 games an hour... = 46200exp... = OMG!!!! NERF3D!!!!

u forget about the exp you get by kiling the monsters now each game takes around 2min therefor u get around 1k exp by kiling the monsters each game so 30 games each game 1k exp thats 30k

30k+46k=76k per hour thats awesome :thumbsup:

33165171ty6.png

Two minute games... Times 1540 exp... (For level 83) = 30 games an hour... = 46200exp... = OMG!!!! NERF3D!!!!

At level 99 (melee stat) one point gives 560xp. With the 10% bonus, 616xp per point. At 30 games an hour the experience is 18460 per hour at level 99.

Is that right? o_O If so, how are people saying it's still faster?

picture25cf7.png

Edit: Nvm, forgot to include 4 points per game, so for 99 it's 2,464xp per game, so 73,920xp per hour at 99 plus killing monsters xp :shock:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

At level 99 (melee stat) one point gives 560xp. With the 10% bonus, 616xp per point. At 30 games an hour the experience is 18460 per hour at level 99.

Is that right? o_O If so, how are people saying it's still faster?

4 points per game for 100+ players? :cry:

And that's not even counting the exp you get for killing the monsters...

best-guide-ever.jpg

I don't know about everyone else but I kinda like the new pc.

Never really enjoyed it before so I never used it but now it seems it's more of a 'fun based' mini game with some nice exp to go with it.

This is just my opinion on things :D

2czeqeh.jpg

I don't know about everyone else but I kinda like the new pc.

Never really enjoyed it before so I never used it but now it seems it's more of a 'fun based' mini game with some nice exp to go with it.

This is just my opinion on things :D

i completely agree. before it was just run to the portals and waste em as quick as possible. now you need at least a tiny bit of thought. and because the games are longer i can play for longer without getting bored.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Is there a riot world? :twisted:

world 99, our home world... just look around falador center, void knight outpost and the home portal near there...

Must be a lot of people rioting, because w99 is not usually full...

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

The pc update is good but......... now u don't even have to do anything for most of the skills. Herblore x... i lvoed makeing potions he old way :(

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010