17 July 2007 - Pest Control update and Game Improvements

no_way2go

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest reading the whole article, people on the lvl 100+ boat get 4 PC points.

That's a lot more points per game! We obviously can't give as much experience per point if points are that easy to get, so the amount of experience you get per point is now 35% of what it used to be. You may be wondering what will happen to the Pest Control points you have collected already - we thought of that, and you will still get to cash in your old points at the old rate. (Phew!)
best-guide-ever.jpg

I seriously felt the hate going through me when I read about all the new "make X" options. And I was thinking Jagex was making the updates better, I'd rather have truck loads of useless updates then this. What's next "Afk X"?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Since mine will get locked, might as well post here.

People should read the articles. The high level boat gives 4 pc pts per game, the medium 3 pc pts and obviously, the low boat gives 2 pc pts per game.

I don't mind the changes to equipment. A full Mage set = 30% more Magic Attack. =P~ Even the Range one is good also. However, you need a whole set, which takes a while. For me, that's about 300 games in the medium boat for a whole set if I am right.

I'm glad the xp was nerfed, I feel like laughing in every pure and PC products face and see the looks on their arrogant faces as they read this and realise they have to train properly like we all do. :twisted:

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Lmao, now give us Slay-X

That will make slayer lotsa easier, also put a 'Eat-x' when you are below 20% of your hp... #-o

Lol, j/k

Pc update sounds nice to me, to bad i dont pc...

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

I think that this is a great update. Stops all the PC products, pures etc. from getting super fast xp. Having said that though, although the games will last longer, there are 4 times the number of points going now per game, so the clans should still be ok.

I never agreed with people getting free mage and range xp by simply levelling melee stats, and I am glad that they have changed it now. About a year too late, but a good update nonetheless. Going to check out the rants forum now, should be a good laugh :)

I might actually be prepared to play PC now. Althought I think that I will go for the armour rather than points as my armour case is only missing a few sets.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I suggest reading the whole article, people on the lvl 100+ boat get 4 PC points.

That's a lot more points per game! We obviously can't give as much experience per point if points are that easy to get, so the amount of experience you get per point is now 35% of what it used to be. You may be wondering what will happen to the Pest Control points you have collected already - we thought of that, and you will still get to cash in your old points at the old rate. (Phew!)

ok taking into consideration the above you would get 140% of the previous xp reward (not mage or range tho) considering good worlds could do <50sec games. it now takes twice as long due to the new setup. Your still only going to get 70% of the previous reward in the amount of time.

based on that it would be a 60% loss???

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Ahem all the high lvls moaned about low lvls ruining PC and wanted this so no one can complain now about the change since that what they wanted. Like I always said if you do it to PC you won't find it as inviting as you think without the lower lvls to take up the amounts in the boat.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week

I posted a topic in RSOF. It was called Jagex Are The Saviour's Of the world, or Jagex Are The Worlds Saviour's...1k characters. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the true value of what jagex tried to implement with pc can be observed and valued highly. Although Jagex should really take out that lesser exp for rangers and magers.

GF PC PRODUCTS!

Hmm... they improved and ruined pc.... let's do some math?

You get 35% xp per point, you get 4 points per game (100+)

this will give you 140% xp that's 40%more than normal pc, you would think:

but... :

jagex says this:

One portal will become unshielded 15 seconds after the game starts, then another every 30 seconds, until after 1 minute and 45 seconds every portal is unshielded.

so.. that will take you 1:45 sec to complete a game, it used to be 30 seconds?

1:45/30 sec -> 3,5 times slower than it used to be, so you could get 300% xp in the time that you get 140% xp now.....

Weird?

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

You might have noticed that 'make-x' for smithing is missing - do not fear! It is still being worked on and will be brought to you soon.

I do fear, Jagex, I do.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

but... :

jagex says this:

One portal will become unshielded 15 seconds after the game starts, then another every 30 seconds, until after 1 minute and 45 seconds every portal is unshielded.

1:45/30 sec -> 3,5 times slower than it used to be, so you could get 300% xp in the time that you get 140% xp now.....

Weird?

it seems you know some difficult maths...

so, what is the conclusion? better or worsen now?

if compare to (previous) 1 min games, is it still worsen?

They yet again ruined combat

This pc will allow people to get stats fastter and faster

I real don't like it

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

but... :

jagex says this:

Weird?

it seems you know some difficult maths...

so, what is the conclusion? better or worsen now?

if compare to (previous) 1 min games, is it still worsen?

It is worse..... very worse..

if it would take 1 minute, it would make a lot of difference in one hour because the xp is lowered =(

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

I real don't like it

what? i think most people here aggreed it nerfed pest control if i am correct...

it now takes longer for a game

I real don't like it

what? i think most people here aggreed it nerfed pest control if i am correct...

*points to my calculation*

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

Weird?

Our general aims with rates of experience are to make features worthwhile training on while not being so good that they render other training methods obsolete and it is this balance that we have worked hard to achieve.

Not really, Jagex intended to lower the exp/hour to be closer to other methods of training combat. ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I real don't like it

You didn't read the announcement correctly... It says you will get 35% of the current exp per PC point. So even getting more tickets, you still won't be getting the same amount of exp per point and time.

Hitman247m.png

I real don't like it

350% slower compaired to 300% points get, your calculation seems to be pointing it worsen off...

but, the fact is... i dont really understand your maths, can you express it a little?

Lets say with the new method it takes just over 2 minutes per game. So 100 tickets per hour.

Those 100 tickets experience wise are equivilent to 65 tickets using the old method.

How many tickets could you get per hour before?