The post I've waited years to make...

Tigra00

That's awesome Tigra! I remember how it felt when I was meeting Dusqi for the first time - I was giddy and nervous and all of that. We knew each other so well over the internet, and he was probably my best friend - but what if it didn't translate right in real life? What if we were awkward? And in fact, my parents were going to be there, which was even weirder. But we met and all was well, and then he spent 3 weeks with me the next summer, and I spent 2 weeks with him the next winter. And it was amazing. I kind of envy your starting from the beginning, experiencing it for the first time again :D I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time, and I trust you won't be on the internet much those few weeks (take advantage of the time you have - and then post pictures later! :P :D)

And guess what? Neither of us turned out to be rapists or anything, and we had a very good time and enjoyed each other's company immensely :D So all worked out. (I'd also remind tip.it'ers of successful Runescape-started real life marriages, like Punx and Jenstarr, from way old back when tip.it forums)

I'm 20 now, As you and Matt have said, I've met several RS friends in real life (Dusqi, Mercifull, Hannibal (I forget his RS name?), Merc4hire who I met IRL on my 15th birthday, Selesiana, Xtraverse). The latter bunch are old old Runescape friends from the original RS message boards back in 2001-2, and the Runescape Trivia Team. The rest are friends from #darkwebz.

In fact, I'll probably meet up with some more friends next fall and winter - Dusqi if he's up for it, and Hannibal again, and How2PK and Necromagus if they're up for it :D

Right. So, long story short - have an amazing time, tigra :D

P.S. Thanks for the compliments, matt :P Undeserved as they may be :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shesh, the whole 'people on the internet are rapists' is just to scare little kids not to tell thier information, cuz they can be taken away easily. I'm sure Tigra can take care of himself. :P

I hope you have a great time. :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

That's awesome Tigra! I remember how it felt when I was meeting Dusqi for the first time - I was giddy and nervous and all of that. We knew each other so well over the internet, and he was probably my best friend - but what if it didn't translate right in real life? What if we were awkward? And in fact, my parents were going to be there, which was even weirder. But we met and all was well, and then he spent 3 weeks with me the next summer, and I spent 2 weeks with him the next winter. And it was amazing. I kind of envy your starting from the beginning, experiencing it for the first time again :D I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time, and I trust you won't be on the internet much those few weeks (take advantage of the time you have - and then post pictures later! :P :D)

And guess what? Neither of us turned out to be rapists or anything, and we had a very good time and enjoyed each other's company immensely :D So all worked out. (I'd also remind tip.it'ers of successful Runescape-started real life marriages, like Punx and Jenstarr, from way old back when tip.it forums)

I'm 20 now, As you and Matt have said, I've met several RS friends in real life (Dusqi, Mercifull, Hannibal (I forget his RS name?), Merc4hire who I met IRL on my 15th birthday, Selesiana, Xtraverse). The latter bunch are old old Runescape friends from the original RS message boards back in 2001-2, and the Runescape Trivia Team. The rest are friends from #darkwebz.

In fact, I'll probably meet up with some more friends next fall and winter - Dusqi if he's up for it, and Hannibal again, and How2PK and Necromagus if they're up for it :D

Right. So, long story short - have an amazing time, tigra :D

P.S. Thanks for the compliments, matt :P Undeserved as they may be :D

I don't know if I'll be able to take any pictures, sadly. My mom will probably have our digicam with her. :( I can get a crappy camera, but I dunno'. We'll have to seeeeee! It would be nice to have at least ONE picture of us, afterall. Maybe her mom will have a camera and she'll be able to send me some pictures, I don't know. We'll have to see. Can't post them here anyways, can I? :shock:

As for the "protection" topic...My mother didn't raise no foo'!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

But you were too scared to meet me in Edi :wink:

But good luck Tigra - if I can even call you that now after it's actually someone else.

sig2ho7.jpg

Wow that's fantastic! I definitely don't see internet dating/long distance relationships as a bad thing, considering that I'm in one myself. Believe it or not, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you: I met my boyfriend online ~5 years ago.

I feel that with a long distance relationship, you actually get to really know everything about the other person. A lot of the teenage relationships that I've seen in the area I live, are pretty pathetic. The two people are either together because they like the "status" or outer appearance of having a boy/girlfriend, or they're just in it for the physical stuff.

But if all you do is talk on the phone/MSN or whatever, you get to know them a lot more, which is what relationships should be all about.

Anyway, I'm very happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful time! Be sure to give us the full report when you return.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

But you were too scared to meet me in Edi :wink:

But good luck Tigra - if I can even call you that now after it's actually someone else.

Oh no, it's always been me. This is her tip.it account, but she hasn't used it for...probably 3 years...It's "mine" now. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Bloody hell this thread has got me hoping ill meet my dream bird on the internet. #-o

I do, however, know one person (or rather my mum does) who met her husband on the internet and they are now happily married with a newborn baby who shares his name with me :P

So yah, well done and that :thumbsup:

iteme3721.jpg

Cool!

I swear ... parents are more protective of their kids meeting online friends than they are of paying attention to the kids at school/in the neighborhood. I tell ya what, a freak I've never met before on my doorstep is a heck of a lot more risky than meeting someone I/we/kids have known and trusted online for six years and are meeting for the first time.

Have fun and kudos for making sure your parental units are okay with it all!!!

- Ard

N0 F4t CH1ck5 4 Lyfe

Eh Tigra?

But Honestly, I hope all goes well, sounds like it will be a cool thing.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

That's awesome :D I met my boyfriend off the internet about 3-4 years ago, we were just chat buddies on MSN and talked. One day he asked me if I wanted to meet up and have lunch before he went away to the army and it felt like we had done it a million times before.

Now you can hug her instead of those trees :P

Oh I met darkrick about oh god...about 5 years ago too? We still hang out together every now and again.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

So wait.

You guys met up on RS. Started talking. Shared TIF account and about to see each other for the first time in real life? I'm confused here. :uhh:

It's not so weird. :P With MSN and videochat and telephones, long distance relationships are far from impossible - and you can definitely have a significant relationship with someone without seeing their face. It's less than ideal, but you have the expectation that you'll be together in real life eventually :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

wow, 5 years? thats great! I guess that sorta thing just works for some people. I'd love to meet some of my rs friends but the only one I know of that lives here isn't very close at all (ugafan)

any tif'ers from georgia looking to hang at six flags? drop me a pm :D

They could probably make a good chick flick type movie out of a story like this :-k .

Congrats mate - should be pretty sweet.

And yea, Mel and I met 'bout 5 years ago over some burgers :P

That was pretty fun, although not hanging out as often as we could.

Damn 2hr transit times :uhh:

Wow! So was it love at first sight? Did her pixelled bum look good in the sewers under varrock?

Well I wish you all the best of luck for the trip, for your sake and Tigra00 sake I hope everything goes well.

But seriously, you both said you had feelings for each other over the internet without even meeting? :lol: :lol: Oh I'm going to love remembering this every time you try to insult me in the future!