How to stop autoers!

fat_klutz

I have a way to stop autoers that I think would work. Ok, here it is.

As we all know, we can report people for 'autoing' but that takes time to get prosseced and they aren't exactly stopped. So what would happen is when somebody gets reported for 'autoing' they automatically recieve a random. If Jagex's randoms *actually* stop autoers like they are supposed to, it would be fairly easy for regular players, like myself, to get rid of the autoers at Yew trees and stuff.

Now, obviously people would abuse this with their friends and just keep reporting each other so tehy could get genies and stuff which is why when you report somebody, it takes 10 minutes to send a report where an random will pop up, and to stop people from spamming somebody with randoms, people can only get one random every 10 minutes FROM THE REPORT (not from random randoms(lol)). I also think possibly removing rewards from these randoms would be good as well as putting penalties on people who do it jusst to annoy people.

The only reason I suppose this wouldn't work would be if Jagex's randoms don't acutally do there job.

So what do other people think?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

O, I forgot to add that you couldn't do it when their are onsters lvl 50+ or something... And if Bots can get past randoms why do we even have them.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then they lose the privallage. I already said that you can only get it and do it once every 10 minutes. I'd be willing to have it once every hour. You know, you can get banned (supposedly) for accusing somebody of breaking the rules so that would be a detterent.

This would be abused by players a lot...

Exactly, and I think it would be a nuisance.

I agree, it would be way too abused and very annoying because a lot of people would probably make accounts to go around and annoy people by giving them randoms.

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

Maybe if the lower your combat level the more often you get randoms if you get reported.

Therefore Autoers would get more randoms, and skiller will get more helpful towards their leveling.

mazurizi.png

Well i know i'd mess around with it and report scammers and such. So it would be abused.

So not a good idea but your mind is in the right place.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Jagex has been trying to come up with the auto solution for quite a long time, so they'll get the final solution eventually, at least I hope... :| Anyway, people would be getting randoms every ten minutes and it would be way more annoying than the autoers themselves. :XD:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Then they lose the privallage. I already said that you can only get it and do it once every 10 minutes. I'd be willing to have it once every hour. You know, you can get banned (supposedly) for accusing somebody of breaking the rules so that would be a detterent.

level 3 skiller fishing in catherby

142 people report for macroing

142 randoms in the course of 10 minutes with no rewards

level 3 skiller got pwnt :lol:

Maybe I can't type but I'm thinking you can't read. I swear it says once every 10 minutes. So no, you couldn't get 142 randoms in 10 minutes. Infact, it would take over 20 hours to get that many if somebody reported you every 10 minutes on the dot. And as long as you are talking I really think people wouldn't do this. I mean, people could jusst do it back and nobody wants to get into a fight.

Maybe I can't type but I'm thinking you can't read. I swear it says once every 10 minutes. So no, you couldn't get 142 randoms in 10 minutes. Infact, it would take over 20 hours to get that many if somebody reported you every 10 minutes on the dot. And as long as you are talking I really think people wouldn't do this. I mean, people could jusst do it back and nobody wants to get into a fight.

from the way you worded it it sounded like 10 minutes in between 1 persons report so 142 individual reports 142 different randoms, but even if it was in 10 minute intervals youd still get 142 randoms over 20 hours (continuing when they log back in) with no rewards... flawed system

Then change the numbers. When voting on suggestion you should always vote on concept and not numbers. Numbers can be tweaked. Just remember that.

wanna stop macros for good? tell jagex to hire 100 people to play runescape and venture through runescape as j-mods banning whoever they think is suspicous with their background check of how long they placed for a period of time and boom bann

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

wanna stop macros for good? tell jagex to hire 100 people to play runescape and venture through runescape as j-mods banning whoever they think is suspicous with their background check of how long they placed for a period of time and boom bann

even though 70 of those 100 might be macros +1

A few things:

1. As others have said this system would be too easily abused without a mess load of rules attached to it. It would be better if Jagex placed a system like this but didn't announce it, and made it inconspicuous (horrid spelling).

2. This is in the wrong forum.

3. It is an overall good idea and I'm very fond of it.

4. I'm sure Jagex is either using half it's team to do something about this, or just making an attempt to look like their doing something because autoer membership is a good bit of revenue.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

they abuse it they get banned. Simple as that. There's a reason there's a report button for "misuse of customer support" They wouldn't put that there if they didn't want to ban people for mis-using customer support

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Thank God somebody has a brain! For all I care you make it P2P only or some stuff as long it stops autoers and I sincerely doubt people are going to abuse it because of misuse of customer support.... What forum does this belong in? Helpful advice?