Autoers: Friend or Foe?

Emp75

Everyone is always saying "Get rid of the autoers" and things like that. But do we really want all the autoers gone? Many people use Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Lobsters, and Sharks to get their cooking and fletching up. With Skill Capes everyone wants to get a lvl 99 skill and cooking/fletching being the easiest people use many Yews, Mages, Lobs, and Sharks. They are in very high demand and luckily, we have a supply. But who actually gets all of these raw materials? Autoers probably get 90% of all the raw materials we use. Now if we take every single autoer out of the game the Supply of all these raw materials will be so low compared to the demand. Prices will skyrocket and it will be hard to get some fish/logs to train. The demand for these items will be very high while the supply is very low. Without autoers we do not have enough people that gather these raw materials to equal the amount of people wanting them. So do we really want Autoers gone? Im not saying I like autoers or support them, but we do kind of need them with all the new players wanting to get skills up and other people make skiller accounts. Even with prayer and crafting, most of the dragon bones and green dragon hides r coming from autoers.

Autoers are detrimental, and helpful at the same time.

The reason they are helpful is if you use skills other then the way autoers make money. If you get money from killing abbysal demons, then autoers are helpful too you because you get the same amount of money and cheaper items.

The reason they are detrimental is because not only do they reduce the spawn times. But they also reduce selling prices. You can buy 1000 magic logs 300 each, but then you can only sell them for 300 each. So they don't really help one way or another.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Everyone is always saying "Get rid of the autoers" and things like that. But do we really want all the autoers gone? Many people use Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Lobsters, and Sharks to get their cooking and fletching up. With Skill Capes everyone wants to get a lvl 99 skill and cooking/fletching being the easiest people use many Yews, Mages, Lobs, and Sharks. They are in very high demand and luckily, we have a supply. But who actually gets all of these raw materials? Autoers probably get 90% of all the raw materials we use. Now if we take every single autoer out of the game the Supply of all these raw materials will be so low compared to the demand. Prices will skyrocket and it will be hard to get some fish/logs to train. The demand for these items will be very high while the supply is very low. Without autoers we do not have enough people that gather these raw materials to equal the amount of people wanting them. So do we really want Autoers gone? Im not saying I like autoers or support them, but we do kind of need them with all the new players wanting to get skills up and other people make skiller accounts. Even with prayer and crafting, most of the dragon bones and green dragon hides r coming from autoers.
do you even read what you type?

You know what? instead of stopping autoers, why doesn't jagex just give every player 2.1b of every item? then we can all get 2277 total and be happy :D :D

idiot.

i would like to see every autoer gone, why? So that 99s become more impressive than they currently are. Without them providing tons of materials 99s would be much harder and they would have more respect than the likes of cooking and fletching right now

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Skyrocketing prices???...Give me a break. Each player is fully capable of collecting their own resources. Only the lazy players who buy their way to a 99 cape are worried about high prices for raw materials. I know economy is important to the game, but c'mon people, there is much more to this game than making pixel money.

The bottom line is...the macroers/gold harvesters/bots...whatever you want to call them have got to have their numbers greatly reduced. They are making it far too easy for wealthy players to buy that precious cape.

Meta Mucil

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?

Believe it or not, some people have integrity and don't want to get resources from cheaters just because it costs them a bit less.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

First of, never ever start mentioned numbers if you have no source to get those numbers from.

Many people use Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Lobsters, and Sharks to get their cooking and fletching up. With Skill Capes everyone wants to get a lvl 99 skill and cooking/fletching being the easiest people use many Yews, Mages, Lobs, and Sharks.

Ok, seems like the primary resource skills (mining, wc, fishing) can make some good cash then.

Without autoers we do not have enough people that gather these raw materials to equal the amount of people wanting them.

High demand and low supply means that the prices for the primary resources will raise, which in turn will get more players into those skills (mining, wc, fishing), which will then lower the price.

but we do kind of need them with all the new players wanting to get skills up

No! We don't need them at all. You make it seem that the secondary product skills (smithing, fletching, cooking) are much more important than the primary ones. It's all about balance and autoers are putting the balance towards the side of the secondary skills.

Possibly that cooking and fletching become a bit harder to lvl since price might increase. That can only be good I would say, since those 2 skills are considered jokes anyway by many.

phata_elise.png

Also, we dont have enough players to gather the resources as the autoers take up all the spots, discouraging actual players from gathering said resources. Look at it this way (using wc as an example):

If all autoers go away, Prices of logs would skyrocket as you said.. However, due to much lower supply to the economy, many players will realise that alot of profit can be made if they woodcut, meaning more players would woodcut and that would balance the economy (in theory anyway).

(Wcing was just an example)

sig2dl4.png

Click for my blog ^ :)

All tipiters feel free to add me! Always looking to meet someone new.

I wont mis goldfarmers who cut yews and fish because they take away training spots but I wouldn't like seeing all the ess miners get banned. Very few ppl do mine pure ess so that the price of these will raise alot. Make runecrafting not only harder but also less profitable.

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

I wont mis goldfarmers who cut yews and fish because they take away training spots but I wouldn't like seeing all the ess miners get banned. Very few ppl do mine pure ess so that the price of these will raise alot. Make runecrafting not only harder but also less profitable.

If there wasn't any autoers in the first place, we would have one type of ess at ~40 ea instead of the outgraious 80-100 Pure Crap we got now.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Skyrocketing prices???...Give me a break. Each player is fully capable of collecting their own resources. Only the lazy players who buy their way to a 99 cape are worried about high prices for raw materials. I know economy is important to the game, but c'mon people, there is much more to this game than making pixel money.

The bottom line is...the macroers/gold harvesters/bots...whatever you want to call them have got to have their numbers greatly reduced. They are making it far too easy for wealthy players to buy that precious cape.

Meta Mucil

How is it lazy to "buy" a 99 skill? It still takes a lot of time. Its not really any less work because you still have to work to get the money that you use to buy raw materials.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

People don't mine essence because it's not good money. It isn't good money because autoers are hogging all the business, and innocent players can't compete.

So if Autoers were banned, essnece would become better money and people would flock there, just like that one other guy said.

I believe that no matter how much Autoers "help" the economy, they should be banned simply because they're Autoers, which is CLEARLY against the rules, no matter how much it "helps."

Get rid of them apart from the bow string autoers. :lol:

As much as its good for me (being the type who prefers to buy items rather than make them myself) its much better if i train a skill to not see a bunch of ugly bald autoers clogging up space. If i could get rid of them all i probably would but i'd not play rs for a few weeks because prices would be ridiculous for yew logs etc for a bit.

Oh yeah, sure, Jagex is gonna say, "You know what, players, macros arent all bad. They help you level up faster by providing you with cheap supplies that to them is next to nothing. then theyre mains get millions! I, Andrew, lift the rule against macroing! Wait in 2 months when sharks are 50gpea and having a skill total of 2277 is nothing! Later!" :x -.-

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

I want them cleaned when they do things like a few weeks ago (Raw sharks 440 each :ohnoes: ). But I actually want a little bit of yew autoers (Yews are like 460 each :-X ). Oh, and bring in all the bowstring autoers you can, I don't mind.

Autoers are a touchy subject.

They dont bother me because the only thing they effect is my rank. I belive they shouldnt be doing what they do, but then again im not one to argue. Most people would cry with the prices that would be had. Im just imagining, without the autoers buying ess, and without autoers buying runes from shops, 450+ ea nature runes? 350-450 death runes? 250 ea chaos runes.

I certainly wouldnt enjoy it. You know all those people with party hats, rares, and other rares would drop by nearly 25% at the lowest if my prices would be correct.

Its obvious they cause some good, to the player who can only play a certain ammount of time a day, who wants his cooking goal. Suddenly he can afford 235 each vs the old higher price. He is still earning it, he is still paying. Its not free, just slightly cheaper.

I already know im going to get flamed. But people have to remember there is always good things in something.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Autoers are a touchy subject.
not really touchy at all....

I certainly wouldnt enjoy it. You know all those people with party hats, rares, and other rares would drop by nearly 25% at the lowest if my prices would be correct.
autoers have no effect on phat prices at all, the only change you might see is deflation, which might have a tiny effect on rares.

Its obvious they cause some good, to the player who can only play a certain ammount of time a day, who wants his cooking goal. Suddenly he can afford 235 each vs the old higher price. He is still earning it, he is still paying. Its not free, just slightly cheaper.
like everybody has already said, it may be easier...but thats only a bad thing, because that goal is no longer as pride worthy.

I already know im going to get flamed. But people have to remember there is always good things in something.
theres zero good in autoers, well I'm still waiting to hear a valid point anyway :-k

I wish that all autoers would dissapear because they tend to take everything. If you are training a 1st skill, such as woodcutting or fishing, then autoers are annoying. If you train a second/follow-up skill, such as cooking or fletching, then autoers are the way to go. Since I train woodcutting, I find them to be very annoying, so I want them to go. :P

tanjack23.png

Tanjack23

Taking it the Smart Way!

theres zero good in autoers, well I'm still waiting to hear a valid point anyway

I believe the good has been stated many times; they make the price of goods cheaper which means you spend less money on your skills (if u dont get your own resources)

they don't bother me, i don't bother them

i was able to buy 99 prayer because of green autoers, without them d bones would still be near 3k ea

even though there are lots of different types of autoers, they don't ruin the game for me so i'm not gonna go cry about it

to be honest i'd prefer to buy from someone who has all of what I need no matter who it is rather than buy 1k at a time for an hour

live with it, you can't get rid of them because if they bann one, another 5 has already come into the game so what's the point in complaining. go enjoy the rest of the game

Kaizoku

The auteor problem is kind of like a double-edged sword to me.

We get rid of them, we get scarcity. We keep them, inflation. Personally, I think they're like overcrowded animal populations: they must be controlled. We can't compelely destroy autoers, or let them run free, because either way we pay the price. What needs to be happening, and is happening, is Jagex is banning mass amounts of autoers, but near the same amount are repeat offenders, so the supply stays in check.

The way things are going now are pretty balanced, so I can't complain too much.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.