Jake Brown- Anyone see it?

D3M0NX

The reason he got up is because - thankfully for him - he landed on his feet just barely enough to slow him down enough so that when his hip hit, it didn't break. If he landed right on his hip from that height (what was it, 40 feet?) it would've shattered. :shock: No walking for him.

Saw it on wwtdd.com linked from withleather.com linked from youtube. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, NASCAR people get flipped over 10 times, get set on fire, and other things, but they're not posted on here.

jump off a 3 story house (about 40-50 ft) then see how much it hurts.

Heh, from the way he fell, it looked like he was an expert on knowing how to fall o_O. He started bycicling in mid air as soon as he lost his board, got his body around, softened the hit with his feet, and landed on his back in the only way that he wouldn't get hurt. So much luck, yet... geez o_O. Thank god he fell on an incline...

Nice shoe launching skills, by the way.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The reason he got up is because - thankfully for him - he landed on his feet just barely enough to slow him down enough so that when his hip hit, it didn't break. If he landed right on his hip from that height (what was it, 40 feet?) it would've shattered. :shock: No walking for him.

Saw it on wwtdd.com linked from withleather.com linked from youtube. :P

well, i see what your saying and i understand it but nothing from that high could have saved him. 50 feet is like jumping into 4 swimming pools *talking about if they were 12 ft each* and landing on your back.

EDIT: i know he lived i didnt really mean "save" i kinda was going to say "help"

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

Haha the other guys like, omg, and being all serious.

Then tony hawk in a really quite voice, "i cant believe he landed a 720"

=D>

lol yea

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

That's intense. :o I'm sure he won't be able to skateboard for while now (if at all), must have broken his back.

EDIT: NVM I see he's uninjured, what the heck?

It's called being an Aussie mate, they breed em tough down here. I must say, that is quite remarkable though, even by our standards haha.

This is a better video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I&mode=related&search=

It shows him walking off, and slow mo replays.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Hmm, NASCAR people get flipped over 10 times, get set on fire, and other things, but they're not posted on here.

Pretty sure falling off a skateboard with just some dinky pads and a helmet would hurt a little more than being in a car with a million safety precautions in it.

Anyways yea, I saw it. I couldn't believe my eyes, that was ridiculous

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

do nascar racers only have 5 pads and a helmet? (including the on he had on his back)

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

Australian Jake Brown recounts his 40-foot plunge at X Games

By ANDREW DALTON, Associated Press Writer

August 5, 2007

CARSON, Calif. (AP) -- Jake Brown didn't feel his shoes pop off.

"I was already knocked out," he said. "The last thing I remember was thinking, how do I fall?"

He didn't recall anything else until he walked off the mega ramp about 10 minutes later.

"Walking off the ramp, that was rough," he said.

At the X Games Skateboard Big Air competition Thursday night, Brown was in the lead heading into his fifth and final run when he lost control during his second trick, sailed out away from the ramp's platform and plunged about 40 feet onto his heels and then tailbone. He bruised his lung and liver, broke a wrist and a vertebra, and had his sneakers knocked off.

He finished with a silver medal for the second straight year. Bob Burnquist made the winning run right on Brown's heels.

The TV and internet video of the drop, which makes even hardened viewers flinch, has made Brown an instant celebrity.

He talked by phone from his Southern California hotel room Sunday morning, sore and a little bit groggy.

He said it started with a surge of joy.

After rolling down the 80-foot drop in, he made two full turns over the mega ramp's 70-foot gap and landed in the adjacent halfpipe, but had trouble maintaining control as he sped across its bottom and up the other wall.

"Yeah, the 720, it was the first one I've ever done over that big gap, or even the small one, so I was happy," he said. "But I was a little too far to the left for the trick I needed to do, so I started carving across the flat over the right, and I tried to carve back left, and my timing was a little too late, I got a little bit wobbly going up."

His instincts, which would help him seconds later, did him wrong at first when he shot up and away from the lip of the halfpipe and over the flat area in its middle.

"The G-forces made me squat down onto my board, my natural instinct was to stand up, and that just shot me out to the flat. So I was 40 feet up, and 30 feet out."

Brown said that as other skaters have speculated, much of the flailing fall that followed was intentional.

"I definitely was trying to think of the best way to get out of the fall," he said. "I think I did pretty good."

Big Air skaters, taking a tip from skydivers, have learned to spread themselves out and roll into an impact, and Brown did his best to do that.

"I wanted to turn around so I didn't go face first into the flat," he said. "I didn't want to just hit with one part of my body.

"Instead of landing on one part of my body I wanted to spread out the injury," he said.

Brown lay still for five minutes, then began to stir. He somehow walked away about five minutes after that.

The small, 32-year-old Australian's plunge and his incredible toughness was the talk of the X Games all weekend. He made an appearance to a huge ovation at the Home Depot Center on Saturday night between motorcycle races, and showed up to watch Sunday's Skateboard Vert competition.

"He's the greatest athlete of all time in the world," fellow Australian pro skater and friend Jason Ellis joked to ESPN's cameras Sunday. "Michael Jordan is nothing compared to Jake Brown."

But Brown was a bit dubious about his sudden celebrity.

"I'd rather be known for the stuff that I can actually do," he said. "But if that's going to help skateboarding, that's fine."

And how long would it be before he has the guts to get back on a skateboard? Months? Years?

"I was thinking just a couple of weeks," he said. "I was pretty sure if I just get some massage, some chiropractic, stretch and eat healthy, I can get back out there pretty quickly."

Updated on Sunday, Aug 5, 2007 5:01 pm, EDT

1st, learn how to spell feet. He fell 40 feet and broke his wrist, a vertebrae, and he bruised a lung and his liver. Get your facts right buddy

tifsbti6oi.gif

"We have the best medical staff here"

Oh, So thats why you let him walk when he shouldent have? -.-

But yeah that was a crazy fall, I watched it as it happened...

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

:shock: when I saw him fall I almost burst out laughing

I mean, it was one of those things where you shouldn't laugh but you do anyway, and I bet he was in a lot of pain afterwards

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

no1 answer to my post?

so what...the fact is that he fell 50 ft and lived. 50!!! walking away with like a hurt rib, broken rist isnt that bad for a 50 ft fall dude.... =; he could have DIED heck he is kinda lucky that he only broke his rib and vertebra....ok maybe not that lucky but you kinda get the idea.. :uhh:

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

no1 answer to my post?

so what...the fact is that he fell 50 ft and lived. 50!!! walking away with like a hurt rib, broken rist isnt that bad for a 50 ft fall dude.... =; he could have DIED heck he is kinda lucky that he only broke his rib and vertebra....ok maybe not that lucky but you kinda get the idea.. :uhh:

He fell 40 feet, still amazing though.

tifsbti6oi.gif