What do you think about the "Clan Chat"?

lara156

Bit confusing at first, but I really like. I just hope they DONT change it so people can register clan chat prefixes. I can just imagine people taking and registering as many cool sounding names as possible, as many big clan names as early as possible and then trying to sell the names to the clan leaders for millions of gp.

lastsupper.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clan chat = very good idea, and for once Jagex did something the RIGHT way from the start, BEFORE doing it wrong first and having a permanently screwed system to suffer the consequences of.

Many people wanted a "full" clan system, with registered clans and chat channels... I think that would have been a really BAD idea, because we'd suffer all the same consequences that other MMORPG clans suffer - lots of registered "dead" clans, all good names "reserved" (read: stolen), lots of deadweight on the servers, and artificial weight attached to clan movement (people don't want to leave a semi-dead clan because it's hard to get back in, therefore contributing even more to deadweight clan problems)

The existing system is very good. Dynamic, flexible, no strings attached to joining and leaving clans... Just in the spirit of RS (in a good way).

---

Interface update: Didn't like. Not that it HUGELY matters, but I think the previous semi-comical, lighthearted interface style (which spans across everything, from character designs to interface buttons to even quests and such) was a signature point of RS, something it had unique.

The new interface graphics moves away from that to fake formalism. RS will never be able to "outclass" (in a posh sense) most other RPGs, but it had an advantage of outhumoring / outcomicing them, and for some reason decided to give away that advantage and become another "classy drone".

Oh well, not a big thing. The net sum of updates is still way positive.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

SS = IRC > CC

Was that really necessary? :roll:

Yes. mIRC is so much better then this crap chat. No filter, and a hell of a lot less complicated.

Was your post really necessary? My first post contributed more the topic then yours did, so was your post in fact necessary?

I love it, but i am a bit disappointed in that you have to have someone on your friends list to rank them up.

Yes. mIRC is so much better then this crap chat. No filter, and a hell of a lot less complicated.

Was your post really necessary? My first post contributed more the topic then yours did, so was your post in fact necessary?

how is it more complicated?, this is so simple and easy to use.

RuneScape-Sigre-sized-1.gif[/url]

The new one is a lot cleaner, smarter and with a lot more functions. The old one looks better and was easier to use. Personally I liked the old interface as it was easier to use and there wasn't any problem with it. As the old saying goes, "If there isnt a solution , why find a problem"..or sumthing like that. :D

JW

SS = IRC > CC

Was that really necessary? :roll:

Of course this chat had the same censor... But what did you really expect? It's still better than nothing.

td2sig.jpg

Tbh, the best part about this update was the fact that you can now finally censor all that "You catch a lobster" chat spam. =D>

You're right but if u 'hide' it doesnt that section buttun flash? Thats annoying dont you think?

_.:Lara's BL0g:._ <= Quests, Farming & Herblore => <3 <3

98 Woodcutting | 82 Cooking | 71 Attack | 67 Magic | 70 Firemaking | 66 Fletching | QP=206 | Total 1428! =D

cosmiccompanywcshopaq9.png <--- Click for the link

Tbh, the best part about this update was the fact that you can now finally censor all that "You catch a lobster" chat spam. =D>

You're right but if u 'hide' it doesnt that section buttun flash? Thats annoying dont you think?

Nah, I can live with it. It's a trade off, and it is imo, the lesser of the two evils.

td2sig.jpg

I like the interface, makes me think Jagex is taking their game seriously. It looks professional and clean. It no longer looks sloppy and messy.

I like the new clan chat, but it's hard to talk because there's so much spam going through. So many messages a second :P

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Very distracting if you're trying to do anything with some risk.

+1

I love the clan chat, tbh, though. My computer doesn't like IRC, so that is not an option for me.

This feature makes communicating with clan members so much easier, and it also frees up some room on my friends list. The clan chat is also a great way to pass the time while doing monotonous tasks like alching or fishing, as well! \'

td2sig.jpg

Well today in the morning I was like "omg this is gay...irc for life", but after a day of using it. I love it.

The censor sucks. Not being able to post links..sucks.

I found out that I can talk on all 3 (irc, clan channel, and normal) without any issues unless it's something important like a quest or combat.

The new interface looks less mediveal but it's still ok.

I'm glad the color of the pot is different. Who cooks on a green stew pot or whatever it was. :-s

The clan channel sometimes spams my interface but I can just turn it off. :P

I wish they had bots like in IRC but meh.

Good Job Jagex =D> \' :thumbsup:

I don't think i would ever use it for a clan as much, but it is handy to talk to ur friends.

Also , now i think that every level 20 is going to have thier own clan, becasue thyre egos cant take being not at the top.

I got asked to joiin 10 diferent clans today, all by lvl 30 and under

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

i rly like it exept i think they should make it so you can split it(like pm) because to me you either invite all ur friends into chat or talk on pm so i think you can have the choice to switch the pm into the clan chat up top :D but other than that a rly good update.

Let your yellow mellow.