Should Runescape go back to being 13 and up?

foodmanfood1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Implementing this policy more strictly may be unfair to the <13 who does not make themselves known so through harassing and irritating others, will be affected.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'm 12, ive played since 2001...

As soon as the 13+ rule came out.

My mom pmed jagex...

They gave me permission to carry on playing because of the length i've been playing (6 Years now )

A few days (30 odd) and i am the right age...

But the 13+ rule seems in the right place

My mom pmed jagex...

They gave me permission to carry on playing because of the length i've been playing (6 Years now )

You played when you were 6?.. :shock:

Jagex needs to update their game so it suits the age requirement it is supposed to have. An 18 rated film only is 18 because it is suitable for audiences of that age of above. Sure people watch them when they are below 18 but are mostly unaffected.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

plenty of 13+ games have content without the blood/sex/cursing...

for example, zelda; twilight princess, rated T. not very much blood, runescape might even have more, none of the others listed above.

13+ is just there as a disclaimer in case some parent gets angry. they might not even take it seriously, they just use it so that no lawsuits are called on them because someone's kid did something.

My mom pmed jagex...

You played when you were 6?.. :shock:

Jagex needs to update their game so it suits the age requirement it is supposed to have. An 18 rated film only is 18 because it is suitable for audiences of that age of above. Sure people watch them when they are below 18 but are mostly unaffected.

I began plaing when I was eight, and that was like 4 months after when I searched for online chess games, And I found Jagex, which at the time was offering several other things than runescape. (Including the chess, that I found) I'm 14 now, and, while I stopped playing runescape after about a year and 1/2, (my password was stolen(I wasn't very smart back then, my password was my userneame backwards)) I recently started playing agin from intense bordom. Runescape has changed a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

Most notably, the presence of autoers, and randoms, but a ton of extra content too. However, we do not need blood a ton of blood, or graphics like that. Maybe, when you die, some new animations, and some blood included in that animation, and the censor could be a lot less strict, but there is not a whole lot of reason to make runescape gory.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I reviewed my post.

New post:

Letting small children (there are even players who are 5 years old!)

not only can make them violant but it's also is immoral.

If these children see how easy it is to steal (thieving skill) or something in that way the will try it.

You don't ever see children act like robots and even get violant because they watch some cartoon?

Remember it just are very young kids. They don't really know what is good or bad.

And I agree with highlander that it should be much harder to make an account in Runescape and ask them things that will confuse them.

i'm beginning to wonder why the game isn't seen as 13+ anymore...

sure, updates from late 06 to earlier 07 were targeted more at beginning players, but does that make it a child's game?

many people saw the quest "eagle peak" as the most childish update, mainly because you only needed 20-odd hunter, ignoring the fact that it was released two week after the skill itself. eagle peak is something that would be nearly impossible for the average child, and semi-easy for the average person over 13.

heck, this whole game would probably cause headaches in someone 8-10 because of difficulty, it's meant to challenge and/or be easy for 13+.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, some 7 year olds or much more mature than some other 20 year old ones. It's not the age which makes the person, it's environment around him, good/bad friends...

At least some of these younger ones have kind of pure mind, they don't need to see blood and offences around them, they don't know that popularity comes with being keen on such kind of things (as some older ones think).

Also, more than sure that most people have chosen RuneScape becouse it's the game it is, a little less violent than other games. Well there was kind of blood "animation" in RSC and some monsters with new outfit are supposed to look like uglyly scary, and still one's who wanted something more like "adult" have chosen other games.

And afterall most of these players who are up to free stuff and acting in other childish ways, young or old ones, are normal people, just cope with them, tolerate them and be patient with them.

As stated before, it's rather sure, than RS has never been for only 13+, just that now where is disclamer when you make an account. Which also doesn't mean that game is 13+ only, it means that Jagex asks parents to make accounts for their children who want to play and are not 13 yet.

Runescape IS 13+

Tat \'

But it doesn't seem 13+ once you're in the game does it?

not so much, but the author says in the heading "go back to being 13 and up" when it already is

Tat \'

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Runescape IS 13+
Is not, has never been. Today's system where you say your age before creating an account means that parents are asked to create accounts for their children who are not 13 yet and preferably play along with them...

Runescape IS 13+
Is not, has never been. Today's system where you say your age before creating an account means that parents are asked to create accounts for their children who are not 13 yet and preferably play along with them...
i didn't say that all people on Runescape are above 13, but Runescape is actually 13 and up so how could we go back t that when we already are?

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Rune Scape was never 13+ in my oppinion. It' s just a relaxing game where people relax and have fun. Not to sit there and watch gallons of blood pour out of your opponent.

Lol it never was a relaxing game.

What about the people in the wildy who are pking? Have you seen there sweaty arms and read there pulse rates? God you could drown in there sweat

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

lol.

Runescape had already gone to 13+

but it still doesn't stop the little monkeys from playing it :P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Once that happens, the little kids who called us noobs for no reason, or expected free stuff just because we were a higher level than them will destroy each other with their mindless insults and cruel personalities.

Firstly, I'm sorry, foodmanfood1. I just couldn't stand your misspelling of the words "each other" and "personalities".

Secondly, I would just like say that not all people below 13 are complete noobs. Take me, for example. I joined RuneScape when I was 11, and now I'm 12. The blood and death animations even sometimes bore me, but I must interject to say that some people may be especially sensitive to such things, and that we must be sensitive to their feelings.

Although I cannot fully comprehend the mind of an 8-year old (I was definitely more mature then), you must admit that he/she can be quite foolish and naive. In games, they may expect everyone to bow to their wishes, or to aid them in any way possible. Thus, we should be more accommodating and "teach" them that the correct way is to earn their own things for themselves. Many a time I have encountered a noob who asked me for free gp. I told them to go air running instead.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

Once that happens, the little kids who called us noobs for no reason, or expected free stuff just because we were a higher level than them will destroy each other with their mindless insults and cruel personalities.

Firstly, I'm sorry, foodmanfood1. I just couldn't stand your misspelling of the words "each other" and "personalities".

Secondly, I would just like say that not all people below 13 are complete noobs. Take me, for example. I joined RuneScape when I was 11, and now I'm 12. The blood and death animations even sometimes bore me, but I must interject to say that some people may be especially sensitive to such things, and that we must be sensitive to their feelings.

Thirdly, although I cannot fully comprehend the mind of an 8-year old (I was definitely more mature then), you must admit that he/she can be quite foolish and naive. In games, they may expect everyone to bow to their wishes, or to aid them in any way possible. Thus, we should be more accommodating and "teach" them that the correct way is to earn their own things for themselves. Many a time I have encountered a noob who asked me for free gp. I told them to go air running instead.

Oh yes, I apologise for double posting. My com hanged when I submitted the reply.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

Personally when I joined there was no "Are you older then 13?" required for registration. I joined when I was 10 coming close 11. But no I didn't go "Noob" to everyone I met because that word wasn't used much in the community much then. I only saw that word used once when I died when someone said "Giving out noob sets!" I asked them what noob was and he explained it meant newbie as in new to the game. So I accepted his set and got called it about 3 months later (I was 11 then) I took no offense to it I mean I was about 50 then and I wasn't new to the game. There is some maturity in the world.

yes it should. jagex need to check age properly, not just trust 10yr olds who lie. The maturity level has gone down and its getting on my nerves.

G rated everything is also annoying, 13 yr olds do not need G everything...

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

I'd enjoy a little more maturity in Runescape. Especially storylines, they are usually so cliche and stupid. Movies and television series 13+ do a great job making interesting storylines. I know Jagex doesn't have proffesional writers, but is a little creativty too much asking?

7320.jpg

7753.gif