Parents name baby Superman

Lenin64

So... What would you guys name your children, seeing as originality is apparently not in particular high regard?

Well, in regards to a lack of originality... my son's going to have the exact same name I do. I'm currently the IV (dad's the III, etc.). So my son is going to be the V.

I'm actually technically the VIII if you go down the lineage, it's just the system goes in cycles :-w .

Yes, I'm royalty :o! Sorta...

Im techincally royalty. My great-great-grandfather was german royalty, not sure what exactly. and some relative on the same side was in the mafia :shock:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, ive made it official on the original post in case you havent checked back on it. Also tell us what you will/have named for childerkins.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I'm going to name my kid voldemort.

This reminds me of the story about a parent that tried to name her kid "hitler", seriously, do you care at all about your kid's future? I don't care what his/her name is, it's just that the kid will have a miserable school life, and future in general.

I could see him getting pulled over by the police...

Police: Can I see your driver's license?

Superman: Sure... *digs through wallet* Aw crap its not here

Police: Well what's your name?

Superman: Superman

Police: Your name is Superman?

Superman: Yes sir.

Police: Um... we're going to have to run some sobriety tests... please get out of the car.

Superman: I'm not drunk, that's my name!

Police: Right. Can you walk that line and touch your nose please?

:XD:

:XD: , Probably more unfair, Like were gonna have to take you down the Station

What's so awful about normal names, even if they aren't original? Like James or Michael?

So... What would you guys name your children, seeing as originality is apparently not in particular high regard?

Well, in regards to a lack of originality... my son's going to have the exact same name I do. I'm currently the IV (dad's the III, etc.). So my son is going to be the V.

I'm actually technically the VIII if you go down the lineage, it's just the system goes in cycles :-w .

Yes, I'm royalty :o! Sorta...

That's happening with my family as well. There is a lineage of at least 4 George's (translated) there, even if we aren't of the royalty :P .

This signature is intentionally left blank.

^^ oh, sure, give the guy the unoriginal name :roll:

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I could see him getting pulled over by the police...

Police: Can I see your driver's license?

Superman: Sure... *digs through wallet* Aw crap its not here

Police: Well what's your name?

Superman: Superman

Police: Your name is Superman?

Superman: Yes sir.

Police: Um... we're going to have to run some sobriety tests... please get out of the car.

Superman: I'm not drunk, that's my name!

Police: Right. Can you walk that line and touch your nose please?

:XD:

:XD: , Probably more unfair, Like were gonna have to take you down the Station

:XD, Probably more unfair still;

Men with white coats: Hop inside this nice white shiny van and put on this jacket.

Superman: But I'm Superman, honest, my parents wanted to call me 4 real but they weren't allowed, so now I'm Superman!

Men with white coats: Yes, I'm sure, now hop into your nice new room, it even has matresses on the walls!

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

They should have just named him Clark if they wanted to go the Superman route.

"Clark" is ordinary, though. these people aren't

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

FFS, Lenin, is it so damn wrong to be ordinary once in a while?
Actually, most of the post in this threads suggests the exact opposite - if you don't have an ordinary enough name it almost seems like most people think he deserves to be teased about it.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Actually, most of the post in this threads suggests the exact opposite - if you don't have an ordinary enough name it almost seems like most people think he deserves to be teased about it.

Superman is just a stupid name though. I wouldn't see a problem with an unusual name if the parents put some thought into it and came up with something that at least sounds like a name. All they did was take the title of a comic book hero and slap it on their kid. They might as well have named him "The Hulk" or "Wonder Woman". That's not being original or creative since the name "Superman" has already been around and quite well known for many years, just not as a name for a real person. There are many other names that they could have come up with that would be un-ordinary and still not get the kid teased later on in life. Heck, I wouldn't even name my dog Superman.

Pixeloaded.jpg

I'm sorry but naming someone SUPERMAN is not trying to be unique, its just stupid. The biggest thing is the name its self is not even unique, it was taken by the show.

Yeah come up with an actual unique name and I'm fine with that. But superman, what the hell?

last time i checked I never said being ordinary was wrong. I merely said that these people are not ordinary people, and thus would not want to name their child anything ordinary. I am, to an extent, pro-ordinary.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

i'd name my kids ichigo (for guy) and rukia (for girl)

just kidding, even though bleach would be forgotten by then i'm not that heartless. :P

6p8kx0z.jpg

Aren't you that guy that pops up at random times and takes the opposite approach with everyone just to be annoying?

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

When parents do this to their children, sure its unique, but their kids are going to hate them for it and hate themselves because of it. Like that kid who was named hercules. Its riddiculous. I guess they don't care if their kids are made fun of and if they hate them for it.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.