Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

You could be right, after all I have no expertise. Thats just my opinion... Anyways, this is kinda getting off track of the thread title. These last few pages at least.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure. I have no proof whatsoever, but it seems to me that an inbuilt suspicion of people not in your tribe could be a natural trait. It would certainly go a long way to explain war and racism.

A lot of behavior seems to go above that, though. Not that your idea doesn't make perfect sense, just it seems to get a bit more... Extreme...

I'm not so sure. I have no proof whatsoever, but it seems to me that an inbuilt suspicion of people not in your tribe could be a natural trait. It would certainly go a long way to explain war and racism.

A lot of behavior seems to go above that, though. Not that your idea doesn't make perfect sense, just it seems to get a bit more... Extreme...

Like any trait, multiple factors can contribute to it. I see your point, though. I mean, it's not like someone's genes will compel them to join the KKK.

It's how you've been brought up at a child. The environment someone is brought up in determines their characteristics. In today's society, most TV shows only depict white males/females as the "dominate" characters, while the other minorities are almost completely left out. How many Disney movies have you seen with black people as the main characters? Two? Because that's how many I've seen, and I watch Disney movies like I watch my por... nvm.

It's this kind of depiction that changes people's thought processes. If we've grown up with these people since we were kids, then it's natural to assume that we'd feel most comfortable around them. Gay people aren't shown very often on TV and I've never seen them in a Disney movie or as a doll. Ever heard of Barbie the black, homosexual doll? Probably wouldn't sell well because parents would be like "OMG, I don't want to expose my kid to those kinds of things," which is why people these days are so uncomfortable with the thought of gay people. If people aren't exposed to different people and races in a positive light, then we can't be a tolerant society devoid of prejudice.

guido_49.png

That's a good point. But that would be pretty funny, a black barbie lesbian XD

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

TRUE

In my culture (Native American), homosexuality has always been accepted. They were actually looked upon pretty highly as having male and female powers and what not (the actual term we use to describe gay/lesbian people is 'two-spirited'), and played important roles in the community. Some tribes even had multiple genders besides male and female, kind of a strange concept for some to understand. Pretty much every culture at one time accepted homosexuality, I challenge anyone to really find cultures at one time who didn't accept it. I dunno why people just randomly decided to start hating. When people started to fight over land and crap, build governments and used religion to conquer and dominate others, a lot of strange laws and beliefs and what not came to be.

But yea, now today even introduced homophobia brought here into America by foreigners and immigrants have creeped into our communities now. Kinda sad how negative influences creep into our societies.

and on another note, we had a LGBT clan on classic way back. Was a lot of cool people back then who weren't afraid to voice their opinions and have fun. You'd be pretty surprised how many of the famous oldschool high lvls were actually gay/lesbian. (especially when 75% of all the female accounts on rs at the time were actually guys lol)

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

• 8 months later...

Discrimination is wrong. Period.

Don't be so optimistic. Everybody 'discriminates' against certain social groups, like geeks/nerds or emos, when homosexuals are the same. Unlike your physical skin color you can hide being gay.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

wow, way to be homophobic.

*sigh* /sarcasm (I HATE sarcasm tags but it's w/e)

yes yes lets have another gay thread.

I mean you can't really hide it, in a sense all you can do is not bring it up. You can deny it sure, but that's not really hiding it. All the people who have denied it, I for one could always tell if they were straight/or gay despite of what they said. Not been wrong *YET*

I don't really see the point in bumping this. But lets not lock it lol. Someone post something controversial.

What if it's against discriminators?

I don't really see the point in bumping this. But lets not lock it lol. Someone post something controversial.

California is the gayest state in the US.

I've probably given my two scents about this several times but I guess once more couldn't hurt for the newer readers and whatnot. I think homosexuality is gross in the same way I think eating peanut butter with meatloaf is gross. It's just one of those things I'm personally revolted by, but there is nothing really "wrong" or "immoral" about it so I'm not bothered by the fact that others enjoy it.

Can I take this as permission to call you out if you ever discriminate in a future post...? :twisted:

Trolling aside, I don't see why people care. Gay people aren't going to make you any less straight, and their existence isn't going to compromise your shot at whatever afterlife (or lack thereof) you believe in. If you're the kind of person that believes it's your job to save the world from itself, though, I suggest starting in places that actually need it. Y'know, when there are things like wars and famines and all that fun [cabbage] going on...

I've probably given my two scents about this several times but I guess once more couldn't hurt for the newer readers and whatnot. I think homosexuality is gross in the same way I think eating peanut butter with meatloaf is gross. It's just one of those things I'm personally revolted by, but there is nothing really "wrong" or "immoral" about it so I'm not bothered by the fact that others enjoy it.

I feel the same way against heterosexuality, I honestly do. It just looks.... wrong... to me. (as bizarre as that may sound.)

I feel the same way against heterosexuality, I honestly do. It just looks.... wrong... to me. (as bizarre as that may sound.)

Lolwat? It's basic human biology, you must be heterosexual to reproduce, unless you become a sperm donor ofcourse

but a lot of people have that same reasoning but they take it a step further, "it's gross, it looks funny, therefore it's wrong." a lot of things are 'gross' like surgery or cleaning the kitchen sink, but you would choose to do those things if you had to.

i really hate it when groups try to get into philosophical debates about homosexuality and have nothing philosophical or reasonable facts to say, it always turns into a heated yelling match of personal interests.

and no california is not the gayest state, new jersey is. cal is a close second, maybe the only second.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Lolwat? It's basic human biology, you must be heterosexual to reproduce, unless you become a sperm donor ofcourse

And so homosexuality is not basic human biology?

You're interests have no impact whatsoever on your biology. Every human being, with the exception of those unfortunate enough to be sterile/infertile, has the ability to reproduce. Being homosexual just means that you choose not to reproduce. Note: I say choose because I consider homosexuality a choice just like it is your choice to breathe. You can choose not to breathe, but eventually you're going to either give in to your instincts or die.

Also, you need to realize that sexuality isn't black and white. It's a range of greys. Just like how some people who say they're straight, but would be open to "experimentation", you can't just label someone as hetero/homosexual/bisexual to get a true grasp of what their sexuality really is.

Just to top it off, sexuality is psychological, not biological.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

You're interests have no impact whatsoever on your biology. Every human being, with the exception of those unfortunate enough to be sterile/infertile, has the ability to reproduce. Being homosexual just means that you choose not to reproduce. Note: I say choose because I consider homosexuality a choice just like it is your choice to breathe. You can choose not to breathe, but eventually you're going to either give in to your instincts or die.

Also, you need to realize that sexuality isn't black and white. It's a range of greys. Just like how some people who say they're straight, but would be open to "experimentation", you can't just label someone as hetero/homosexual/bisexual to get a true grasp of what their sexuality really is.

Just to top it off, sexuality is psychological, not biological.

If sexuality is psychological then comparing it to the urge to breathe is void because breathing is a biologically driven action.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti