Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

^^ So because the church doesn't encourage homosexuality it is okay to disrespect and make a mockery of an entire religion? The Church isn't anti-homo anymore than it is anti-premarital sex. Most gays realize that and disapprove of this behavior. WHy do you think it's okay?

1st question irrelevant.

2nd question, mexicans shouldn't be having parades waving around mexican flags or flags with che guevara's face in place of the Union.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't think it's OK. We don't, however, think it's OK that Christianity discriminates against homosexuals either.

You can't claim homosexuals are being disrespectful to you whilst your church holds prejudice against them.

What is it about other people that makes your blood boil so much, jack, that you can't bare to see them celebrate the fact they are different and have their own separate identity to you?

^^ So because the church doesn't encourage homosexuality it is okay to disrespect and make a mockery of an entire religion? The Church isn't anti-homo anymore than it is anti-premarital sex. Most gays realize that and disapprove of this behavior. WHy do you think it's okay?

1st question irrelevant.

2nd question, mexicans shouldn't be having parades waving around mexican flags or flags with che guevara's face in place of the Union.

Actually it's not irrelevant at all, if you were sitting in a building filled with people condemning Americans would you sit back and act "respectful", I highly doubt you would.

Why shouldn't Mexicans be waving flags around? Why shouldn't they be entitled to a pride day? That's like saying 4th of July shouldn't be celebrated in Mexico yet when my cousin was there for the first 2 weeks of July he saw many American tourists there during the 4th of July period celebrating.

Ginger keep them posts coming, I love seeing your responses to Jack :lol:

We don't think it's OK. We don't, however, think it's OK that Christianity discriminates against homosexuals either.

You can't claim homosexuals are being disrespectful to you whilst your church holds prejudice against them.

What is it about other people that makes your blood boil so much, jack, that you can't bare to see them celebrate the fact they are different and have their own separate identity to you?

The church doesn't hold anymore prejudice against gays than it does against people who have sex before marriage. How can you say this comes down to individuality? Have you ever heard the term castro clone? It's about decency. Most gays-even in the castro-wouldn't do something like that and don't parade around the streets half naked.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

Why do people think Christianity is so against homosexuality? Ever heard of the Catholic priest little boy thing? :P

Really though, there are a lot more anti-homosexual religions out there.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Why do people think Christianity is so against homosexuality? Ever heard of the Catholic priest little boy thing? :P

Really though, there are a lot more anti-homosexual religions out there.

That wasn't a homosexual scandal but more of pedophiles taking advantage of how much the common citizen trusted the local clergy members. Ireland had 1 of the biggest scandals of it and basically what happened is Catholic clergy members would sexually assault young boys, when they told their parents the parents often wouldn't believe them resulting in the clergy members getting off free.

Just asking, what's the difference between being gay and homosexuality?

Nothing, and both terms apply to men & women alike. Especially americans are surprised by some women expressing themselves as 'gay' which is the correct usage

Being homosexual is just an urge that some people have. It's like for us heterosexuals, we have urges for the opposite sex and no matter if anyone tries to convince me that being homosexual is much better I will still subconsciously be attraced to the opposite sex.

You can't create the rules for nature...

1288581197250-1.jpg

^^ I'm not saying they should try to be normal just respect other people. Did you hear about the gays who invaded a catholic church dressed in all kinds of weird costumes? I can't believe that the priest actually gave them the Eucharist. Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about. Theres not really anything wrong with a gay pride parade but is it necessary to be only wearing a thong waving a giant rainbow flag?

Personally, I'd respect other people just because that's the way I am. Those are my personal sensibilities that I've grown up with and developed over time. My personal approach would be to be respectful in the church (although, admittedly, I'd never go to one because it's of no interest to me) but as for the extravagant costumes of the gay pride parades, I couldn't care less what they wear. You may have a different opinion to mine.

But do you think personal sensibilities are enough? Do you feel that it should be passed in law to "be respectful to other people"? If so, who determines what's respectful and what's not? If you should be legislated to wear more than a thong in a gay pride parade or to wear "normal" attire in church, should you legislate for everyone to say please and thank you as well?

A respect law would be the absolute worst thing every. Why in the hell would I want that? All I said is that a lot of gay people are just trolls in real life. You might be respectful in a church but they sure aren't. Why should gay people get taxpayer money to dance around in pink and leather clothes when the city is going bankrupt?

Well, that's a different issue entirely. When it comes to using taxpayer money for things, I think the organisation should fund the event themselves if they can. Having said that, if they can't, they still have the right to peacefully demonstrate their cause, just as the detractors have the right to disagree. You could imagine what the world would be like if no one could legally demonstrate their cause wed all just be pansies to governments with no readily noticeable recourse to show them theres something they need to pay attention to. Just on that point, it's interesting that the Catholic Church, as incredibly rich as they are, still needed 110 million dollars of Australian taxpayer money to host "World Youth Day." Do you think they should use taxpayer money?

Apparently unlike yourself, the pink and leather clothes don't bother me, so that doesn't factor into my thinking.

^^ Well since the city's going bankrupt from shielding illegal immigrant drug dealers from the federal government so that they can murder families I don't think it's smart to waste any money on parades. If we were in a stable financial situation I honestly wouldn't mind a gay pride parade as long as it was not over the top. It's not necessarily pink clothes that bother me as the gross stuff.

I would say that sexual orientation doesnt matter, the only problem is like the examples said before where people try to show their "pride" by causing problems for other people

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

^^ Well since the city's going bankrupt from shielding illegal immigrant drug dealers from the federal government so that they can murder families I don't think it's smart to waste any money on parades. If we were in a stable financial situation I honestly wouldn't mind a gay pride parade as long as it was not over the top. It's not necessarily pink clothes that bother me as the gross stuff.

The current instability in global economics has nothing to do with illegal immigrants, drug dealers or gays. Once again you are attempting to scapegoat others for your own shortcomings. Such blame does not lead for a stable economic policy.

The current situation is caused by a drought in Australia, oil prices going through the roof as demand increases, and irresponsible lending by Western (mostly American) banks forcing people into debt and increasing the rate of re-possessions.

Neither of these factors has anything to do with gays, being gay, or gays holding pride festivals.

Don't forget Communists and Rock and Roll ruining America's youth!

Is there any group that you don't stereotype?

snowsigyy7.png

Jesus Christ do you stereotype every type of person other than yourself? I bet your one of those people who thinks everyone around you is ignorant and stupid yet you're amazingly intelligent and always in the right. Americas economic problems don't come from illegal immigrants, but instead the spiraling oil prices, pumping billions into Iraq for your overpowered army and stupid lending by banks. Illegal immigrants have very little to do with your economic problems.

I dont think there's a right or wrong to this (in response to the title), as there is no rule.

Personally, I dont think it's right (reason being you can't reproduce), but I have a friend who is homosexual and I dont hate him either...

Staurolite.png

I dont think there's a right or wrong to this (in response to the title), as there is no rule.

Personally, I dont think it's right (reason being you can't reproduce), but I have a friend who is homosexual and I dont hate him either...

Most people aren't horny mindless animals, reproduction isn't the sole purpose of life to everyone (especially in a world where overpopulation is a serious issue). There's damn much more criterias for selecting a woman to be your partner other than just being 'pretty' and reproducing with her. Some people disagree, and their kids pay for the consequences, not the parents. Some people's personalities just don't mix together, and it creates a lot of domestic violence, abuse, yelling, hidden uncovering of mental issues...

A stable family for a kid is the most important thing. And obviously in the US, people are selecting the wrong people to mix with since over 50% of marriages end in a divorce. A long term relationship has little to do with the physical side and more with the spiritual 'connection'.

If a kid had 2 mothers or 2 fathers, I don't see what's objectionable about that either, as long as they can provide the child with a safe and stable life.

Jesus Christ do you stereotype every type of person other than yourself? I bet your one of those people who thinks everyone around you is ignorant and stupid yet you're amazingly intelligent and always in the right. Americas economic problems don't come from illegal immigrants, but instead the spiraling oil prices, pumping billions into Iraq for your overpowered army and stupid lending by banks. Illegal immigrants have very little to do with your economic problems.

I was talking about the city not the country. Our city spends a lot of money in order to protect illegal immigrant drug dealers from INS. They have been keeping them in some lowly guarded facility where 8 or 9 escaped last month. One of them went on to kill a family.

Guy's, because jackattack is in a crappy city we shouldn't let gays parade. Because, you know, they're all taking money out of his cities budget.

:?

Did I say we shouldn't let them parade? Even I realize that the gay culture is as much a part of my city as anything else. I just don't think that it's too smart to be pissing away money on extravagant parades when the cities almost bankrupt.

I know. Look at where cities that have trouble are. No cities in Texas or Montana are going bankrupt.

I know. Look at where cities that have trouble are. No cities in Texas or Montana are going bankrupt.

Oh my... are you actually trying to...

Nevermind, I'll assume you're not. Nobody is that stupid.

Hey.