Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is our duty to reproduce. That's how you keep a species alive, duh. We owe our (un)born children and grandchildren the gift of life. What if your parents were gay. You wouldn't have been born, or you wouldn't have been born to where you were now.

Does that mean we owe the world more pollution, deforestation, and animal abuse too?

I can see where you are coming from, but you are merely stating an opinion although you represent it as if it's a fact. My point is that there is no factor dictating whether we should or shouldn't reproduce.

Also, a baby is a miracle (you know, conceived the right way). Gays who are not able to have a child and witness the miracle then I pity on you.

So men with men are no no women with women are ok?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Errr artificial insemination...? :uhh: I don't know about that. Who would the baby look like then?

Dunno no one can know, could be something like the donor or the woman. Who knows.

howlin1eeveesig.png

It is our duty to reproduce. That's how you keep a species alive, duh. We owe our (un)born children and grandchildren the gift of life. What if your parents were gay. You wouldn't have been born, or you wouldn't have been born to where you were now.

Also, I've been told that human population is meant to go down because of the outrageous price to live right now.

Also, I do eat to survive. I don't why other people do it but I don't eat for pleasure.

TL;DR: We owe our children and grandchildren the gift of life.

What is this gift of life youre speaking of then? If a gift requires you have to do something for it, or feel like you owe someone something for that 'gift', it's not a gift anymore, is it? It would be loan or something, doesn't really matter what you call it but it's not a gift then. Think before you spread that additude to your children and by them to your grandchildren. When you think life as a duty, it becomes a drag. And then nobody is happy.

"If my parents were gay" That would be impossible would it? :mrgreen: Gays can't have children, means you absolutely can't have gay parents (biologically speaking). No you don't owe your children anything, that would mean that you owe something to every sperm that borns and dies in your body every day too.

Nevertheless, even people who don't think having children as a duty still do it. And the human race is kept alive. Altought, I see no reason why it should stay alive.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Why don't you want humans to survive? After all, that's how we advance.

No. It's not that we don't want to (I'm sure we all do) - it's that we don't have to.

Why don't you want humans to survive? After all, that's how we advance.

(last post about this cause it's going off topic, create a thread about it if you like)

The only thing I have wrong with the human race is that we're a virus, disease w/e you want to call it and were reproducing WAY to fast for this planet.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Errr artificial insemination...? :uhh: I don't know about that. Who would the baby look like then?

How about a bisexual going out with a lesbian? The bisexual has a heterosexual affair, and becomes pregnant. They work through the affair, and have the baby.

Before you pull the 'that example's too extreme to happen in reality' clause, it really isn't. There are cases with heterosexual couples working through affairs with a third party's child, even rape victims.

In this case, which is better for the baby; living with a single dad, or living with its mother and her lesbian partner?

Quite clearly, having two parents is better than one. Or is your hatred of homosexuality so comparable to a Neanderthal you would differ with that judgement just because the single parent is straight?

Homosexuality isn't wrong.

And now we're talking about 'having to make babies', are we gonna make some inverse China policy where everyone MUST have a certain number of kids.

Also that would mean a hetero couple that doesn't want kids is as bad as a gay couple.

imagine the teasing the kid would get at school.

hahhaha you have two dad's do all of you sleep in the same bed?

I really think there are places (most places?) in the country where allowing gay couples - particularly male gay couples - to adopt would to my mind quite legitimately constitute child abuse, because of the HUGE suffering the children would be forced to undergo. So I really question the motivation of gay couples living in, say, rural Eastern Virginia who are militant about wanting to adopt children. Can you imagine what the child would go through? Is your desire to have a child in your life worth making that child go through an entire youth of suffering and abuse, with a psychological impact that will likely afflict the child throughout their life?

Again, as I said before, your obsession with your own sexuality shouldn't lead you into causing suffering for others, whether through infidelity, spreading STDs, failing to take precautions and spawning unwanted pregnancies, having children you aren't able to care for, etc.

Obviously some of these things can happen accidentally, but to deliberately make decisions that you know will result in your offspring having a decreased quality of life? That's not fighting for equality and equanimity anymore, that's self-cherishing - thinking that your emotions and desires outweigh other people's (your children's, most specifically) desire to be happy and free of suffering.

Yes. I do think we need to start somewhere. I draw the line at artificial fertilization for lesbian (or indeed heterosexual) couples, but that's another fish to fry.

This kind of legitimization needs to go hand-in-hand with responsibility and compassion on the part of homosexual couples, which I can't vouch for. So I'd like to see the right be legitimized by the legal process but also see homosexual couples be aware of their responsibility to their children and to behave compassionately towards them. Having kids should NOT be a means of expressing yourself or making a political statement - do that on your own time, not your kids'.

And on an end note, why haven't you been banned yet? You're such an obvious troll lol.

Most of these arguments are not even relevant to the issue.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

imagine the teasing the kid would get at school.

hahhaha you have two dad's do all of you sleep in the same bed?

Ahh, right. So to eliminate discrimination (kids at school pick on kid because of his gay parents) we should reinstate discrimination? (gay parents no longer allowed to have children because they're gay).

You know it's attitudes like this which drive me to question the social norms we've set up. It's people like you who are the reason that kids of gay parents will be picked on at school. If there was no gay-bashing in society from religious or generally homophobic types, kids having gay parents would be perceived as normal and there would be no bullying. You should be looking at yourself and asking if your attitude perpetuates that result.

Besides that, kids of homosexual parents can have a good life. I could also add that the kid doesn't have to tell his peers about his parents but the reason why he would have to do that (again, discrimination) just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't like pandering to people who don't know how to accept others.

*rolls eyes* :roll: :roll:

humans are supposed to reproduce to carry on the cycle of life.everyone does not have to reproduce butsomeone has too.

Yeah, that's how it works. The scenario we're in now, with the existence of homosexuals, in no way negates the efforts of mankind to survive. I think we're reproducing quite enough, thanks. If anything homosexuals are helping reduce population overkill.

Why would a gay person choose to be so if it means persecution at the hands of other people, especially in a seriously conservative region of the U.S.? Lets take that to the extreme why would someone in Saudi Arabia or some other Sharia Law governed region choose to be gay if they can get the death penalty if found out? It makes no sense.

For the same reason people engage in illegal activities in direct defiance of the law and regardless of the consequences (Even if those consequences might include death)-- Because they more or less can. It's human nature. To argue that something must not be a choice because people do it even though it's not socially acceptable is the ultimate in fallacies. I highly doubt you'd accept this argument as true when placed on less-than-acceptable practices.

And if being gay is a choice, then the implication is that you and I should be able to just choose to be gay. I don't know about you, but that proposition makes absolutely no sense from a personal standpoint (i.e. it's not possible for me to just "choose" to be attracted to guys) and no sense from a biological standpoint biology would dictate that we have attraction to women and absolutely not men. It would indicate that something in a homosexual is biologically malfunctional, not that they just chose to be gay.

Egads! What you've written above is-- Much like it is usually-- A misrepresentation of the "People aren't born gay argument". No one has said that someone up and chooses to be gay at a whim, but rather that no one is born gay. One isn't born with certain preferences. They're ingrained into a person's being over time.

The only thing that I could see which could override that is a highly ingrained social practice, i.e. with the Greeks. Those social practices dont exist anymore (in fact many western cultures still side towards anti-gay attitudes with their laws) and yet we still have homosexuals despite the stigma.

And the only thing this proves is that some people continue to be gay. Nothing more and nothing less.

How can you say someone's wrong because of who they fall in love with? It's abso-effing-lutely ridiculous to try to say it's a choice.

Worst. Argument. Ever. Seriously. You don't want to go there.

Cabbage you, cabbage wipe.

You're the type of person to call it a lifestyle choice, right? No. It's not. It's natural, and it's how they're born.

It's how they're born? Proof please?

(And, before you go and say it, it's not my job to prove a negative ("People aren't born gay") as, though possibly, it's exhaustive and pointless-- Much like me trying to prove aliens don't exist. It's easier for you to prove the positive assertion. To steal and modify a certain phrase "The onus is on you to prove they're born gay, not me to prove they aren't!".)

I see your point Sly, but I still disagree. Let's take a boy without a father as an example. Sometimes the lack of a masculine figure in your family causes you to become feminine and eventually even become homosexual. The boy doesn't make the choice to lose his father - he does not make the choice to be deprived of masculinity.

I see your point Sly, but I still disagree. Let's take a boy without a father as an example. Sometimes the lack of a masculine figure in your family causes you to become feminine and eventually even become homosexual. The boy doesn't make the choice to lose his father - he does not make the choice to be deprived of masculinity.

I'm 99.999% sure that's not true-- At all.