Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

insane, the fact remains that the United States and other Western countries that have laws against homosexuals are not theocracies, and should not include any baseless religion that you see as truth into their laws.

If you can't name a single secular reason to ban homosexuality, or a reason to not give them rights, then you have no right to do either of these two things.

It's downright hatred, and I can't believe that people feel the need to make these things their top priority when there are other causes that Christ would be expecting you to go out and achieve.

Hell, now the Christian Right is boycotting McDonald's. No, not because their food is downright disgusting and horrible for the body, but because they're "supporting the homosexual agenda".

Jesus christ I feel like I'm living in 1865.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not forcing my beliefs on you, but I am genuinely curious - what is wrong with a man feeling an emotional attraction to another man, or a woman feeling the same way about another woman?

Just because he can't prove something doesn't mean it's true. That's argument ad ignorantiam. I could ask you to disprove that there's a purple elephant inside the sun, and you'd be unable to... but that's completely irrelevant to the truth.

How am I being ignorant, or basing my opinion on ignorance? There is no evidence to suggest homosexuality is wrong, thus I have no reason to believe it is. Any opinion differing from that would be ignorant to the fact there is no evidence to the contrary.

And that's a completely pointless argument I hear quite frequently from religious people. The point is, I'm not saying a purple elephant does exist inside the Sun. You, on the other hand, seem to believe it does exist on the grounds it hasn't yet been disproved. To anyone with an ounce of common sense, that is a completely ridiculous way of looking at the world.

Second to that, yes, we can disprove that a purple elephant lives inside the Sun quite easily, nullifying your argument anyway.

A judgement comes from evidence. You have none. Your judgement is therefore impaired and may as well be guesswork.

Religion isn't an excuse for a lack of understanding.

"Because God didn't intend for things to happen that way... Adam and Eve (blah blah blah)" isn't an argument. It has no evidence, and is therefore baseless.

***It has no scientific evidence, and is therefore baseless if science is your only source of truth.

Again, an argument isn't repeating what another person has shoved into my mouth since I was born.

Science or otherwise, you have no evidence of any kind whatsoever to prove homosexuality is wrong, or even unnatural. You only have your own self-righteous principles, which are also completely unjustified, and bordering illegal too.

So unless you actually provide anything which might convince me otherwise, I will continue to believe the Christian Church has no reason for its stance on homosexuality other than narrow minded prejudice.

If you wish to continue this, shoot my PM box. My work here is done.

@ sworddude

You judge me for not being comfortable around gay people for being who I am which is the same thing as judging someone else for being who they are. So just [bleep] up you troll because if you say I am not allowed to judge someone for being gay, then you are judging me for that, which is the same thing. I don't judge people on their religion or race or anything but sexuality is srs business. Maybe where you live being gay is popular but here where I live in CT it's very frowned upon.

I'm not trying to ban homosexuality or anything, I just dont feel comfortable around them because I grew up differently than you did, which makes total sense so don't try to counter it.

I'm the troll? So, my opinion being different from yours equates to me being a troll.

If you judge someone on their sexuality, then you will lose alot of people who could be great people to be around.

Your veiws, are not your own, you take them from your social upbringing.

Where I live, there hasn't been anything for or against homosexuals taking any major place. We are free to form our own opinions without looking like outcasts.

How can sexuality be frowned upon? Hell a homosexual could find a man loving a woman, and their way of making love wrong.

I am judging you upon how you act, which is a socially viable way of doing so.

You are just basically say X is homosexual so he's attracted to all men and wants to get in my pants.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I don't see why some people hate us soo much. We have not done anything wrong at all. It's not like we are endangering other peoples lives. Love is Love

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

^ That's a weak argument. Thinking something just because that's what you've been told. Have you actually ever questioned the validity of your parents'/religion's opinion on homosexuality?

I've always been taught by my Dad that Communism is the best form of social structure. I don't agree with him though, having gone away, researched Communism and spotted flaws which lead me to believe he's wrong.

OK, I'm still pretty far-left in terms of my politics, but I don't follow everything I've been told to believe in blindly. I have my own moral principles. That's half of what growing up is about - questioning authority.

I'm not forcing my beliefs on you, but I am genuinely curious - what is wrong with a man feeling an emotional attraction to another man, or a woman feeling the same way about another woman?

"Because God didn't intend for things to happen that way... Adam and Eve (blah blah blah)" isn't an argument. It has no evidence, and is therefore baseless.

1) Believe it or not, being raised a certain way tends to affect how you think. I've been raised to believe it is wrong, the Church teaches it's wrong. I still have a mind of my own. I've questioned my religion before when on the brink of turning away from my beliefs but in the end I still feel I should be on the side I feel I belong.

as for the "what is wrong" part, my answer is just that I feel it's wrong. I don't crusade against gay people because I can't prove to them that their deeds are immoral unless I point to the church, which they'll never conform to because it's not their faith. If you want evidence, you'll have to find someone who actually crusades against gay people. I just have my opinion that being gay just feels wrong. But I'm not going to start screaming at anyone who says he's gay. If I found out my friend is gay I'd still be friends with him just as long as we never bring up sexuality in discussions. If I found he was gay for me it'd be different. Then I'd put my foot down and state my stance on the issue. I freely admit, besides my own feelings and the way I've been raised and quotes from the Bible, I have no evidence that being gay is bad. But I believe it is wrong so that's my opinion, but again I'm not going to force them on anybody because I can't convince them that it's wrong.

and it's not like homosexuals are endangering the world. the only lives affected are them and their families, and that's an argument to be settled within the families and not with the country. I say that if they want to live a life I consider immoral that only affects them then I say let them be. I'll go on with my life staying away from them.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I would like to know one thing.

The people who says being gay is wrong, are you meaning only men with men or women with women or both types are wrong?

howlin1eeveesig.png

The people who says being gay is wrong, are you meaning only men with men or women with women or both types are wrong?

Ask Hell's Most Wanted:

Inappropriate image removed ~Turtlefemm

They happen to include homosexuality and women on women as separate.

People can't control whether they are homosexual or not- they're born with it. Saying that homosexuality isn't okay is like saying slavery is okay. Its awful that people just can't accept each other for who they are.

Igor_U_Noobs.gif

tweaked.gif

If a man is not a worker, he is nothing.

BOSS.

Homo, bi and hetro are all okay in my eyes.

As the song goes... "you and me baby aint nothin' but mammal so lets do it like they do on the dicovery channel."

i250746823_89474_2.jpg

I love this sig.

Ask Hell's Most Wanted:

Inappropriate image removed ~Turtlefemm

They happen to include homosexuality and women on women as separate.

Good god. Some people are just plain nuts.

Anyway, I can't say I'm surprised that this topic keeps coming up. As long as we have religion teaching people that homosexuality is wrong, then we'll have conflict. I can only be thankful that Im straight and dont have to deal with such a view personally.

I rather see people as equals, regardless of a sexual orientation they can't choose. So no, I don't see homosexuality as wrong, its just another sexual orientation. I find any persecution of homosexuals to be discrimination and completely abhorrent.

i don't think its wrong. but by no stretch is it right. if someone prefers to :ohnoes: with the same gender as them, then good for them - as long as they keep me out of it. also theres no point in it as the idea of 'snoo snoo' is to reproduce. and you can't reproduce with a type of cell missing...

i don't think its wrong. but by no stretch is it right. if someone prefers to :ohnoes: with the same gender as them, then good for them - as long as they keep me out of it. also theres no point in it as the idea of 'snoo snoo' is to reproduce. and you can't reproduce with a type of cell missing...

for women artificial insemanation (sp?) and gay guys can donate to a sperm bank

the mods are riding my ass for it

for women artificial insemanation (sp?) and gay guys can donate to a sperm bank

I draw the line at artificial fertilization for lesbian (or indeed heterosexual) couples.

If you're going to ask why I'm against artificial insemination, the answer is quite simple: World overpopulation, it's as simple as that. I do not support the spending of money, resources, and time - all of which could be dedicated to INFINITELY more worthy pursuits - to make wealthy first-world people capable of doing something biologically impossible just so they can spawn children of their own genetic extraction when there are so many millions and millions and millions of unwanted, underprivileged, disenfranchised infants and children in the world. It's such an extraordinary vanity. If having children is so important to you, prove it by adopting.

i don't think its wrong. but by no stretch is it right. if someone prefers to :ohnoeas: with the same gender as them, then good for them - as long as they keep me out of it. also theres no point in it as the idea of 'snoo snoo' is to reproduce. and you can't reproduce with a type of cell missing...

Why is it so many people flatter themselves in threads like this. Just because a persons gay doesn't mean they're going to hit on and [bleep] anything with two legs.

but if you were black would you adopt a white child and vice versa.you have to look at race too

Will you just go DIAF already, you're not even trolling right.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

This is pointless. Everyone is going back and forth on the answer to this. Everyone has different beleifs, And Religions. I am infact a Christian, and was taught that Homosexuallity was wrong, and nothing can become of it.

However, Some other Religions may not go against it, and they were taught differently than others. It's just the fact of oppinion in this case. People know different things, and because of it there Is no way to tell if Homosexuallity Is wrong or not.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

This is pointless. Everyone is going back and forth on the answer to this. Everyone has different beleifs, And Religions. I am infact a Christian, and was taught that Homosexuallity was wrong, and nothing can become of it.

However, Some other Religions may not go against it, and they were taught differently than others. It's just the fact of oppinion in this case. People know different things, and because of it there Is no way to tell if Homosexuallity Is wrong or not.

Yeah and the Confederacy had different beliefs and thought Slaves were necessary to their economy, so slavery should have been, and still should be, legal. Right?

Slavery was wrong hands-down. I really think you are flipping the script here, and talking about somthing totally different.

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Slavery was wrong hands-down. I really think you are flipping the script here, and talking about somthing totally different.

Why is it wrong to suppress rights based on skin, but doing the same thing by the means of someone's sexual orientation all right? People were denied rights, discriminated against, and flat out treated like they were a different breed/species based on their race, and the same thing is happening with homosexuals.

Again, inter-racial marriage was also wrong, and the justification for it came from religion.

Umm.. What are you talking about? :roll: Every has differet thoughts on homosexuallity. Yes, They may be discriminated against, however there are many who understand how they feel.

What you are trying to Compare to Homosexuallity makes no sense at all.

dztf80.jpg