Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

How does it not make sense to you? Discrimination based on skin colour is exactly the same in principle as discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a terrible comparison. You might as well compare them to pedophiles. Thats closer than slaves. Its not the same thing. Thats the same song and dance peta uses. Killing animals is worse than the holocaust and slavery combined.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

What I meen is that bringing up the topic of slavery wasn't needed. Of course it's in the same category of discrimination of sexuallity. I ment that it was irrelevant to the discussion of Sexuallity. The thread was created to see 'OPPINIONS' of if it's wrong or right. It surely wasn't created to compare other things to it.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

What I meen is that bringing up the topic of slavery wasn't needed. Of course it's in the same category of discrimination of sexuallity. I ment that it was irrelevant to the discussion of Sexuallity. The thread was created to see 'OPPINIONS' of if it's wrong or right. It surely wasn't created to compare other things to it.

When you have no arguement: simply try and shun any others.

The entire point of this thread is to debate Ducky. If we were just to pass around opinions without any discussion this would be a goddamn boring thread.

Well, If It is to debate, Then this thread is useless. Why would someone debate on somthing that cannot be proved? This will only go back and forth on Oppinions, And that doesn't show much of a debate to me.

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Well, If It is to debate, Then this thread is useless. Why would someone debate on somthing that cannot be proved? This will only go back and forth on Oppinions, And that doesn't show much of a debate to me.

Yeah we should all debate something that is set in stone. :roll:

Gay's are gods devils on earth lalalalyadadadada

I respect homosexuals, I know quite a few myself no pun intended. They are regular people and newsflash, they don't all have AIDS.

As for the Bible

It can be right in some situations.

It can be wrong in some situations.

It was probably made up by a group of drunk bishops anyway. (JK)

link.png

I think it is a colour.

Though colour is just a word made by some person to describe it. Therefore it could be a called a food if you wanted, because you are classing it as that, like someone else did at first.

As for the Bible

It can be right in some situations.

It can be wrong in some situations.

The bible is never right nor wrong.

Its only a guideline for which you can make of it what you want.

While some parts do have an impact on modern society, like the 10 commandments basically being a primative form of our laws.

Other parts of the bible can go against our laws, though are mainly in the Old Testiment, and were the "right" thing at the time.

So, as I said, the bible is a guideline, make of it as you will, listen not to the messages it gives clearly, rather the messages in some passages that people seem to overlook.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I'm fine with it. If dudes love other dudes and gals love other gals then that's really none of my business just as it is with "traditional" couples.

As for the Bible I think a lot of it was just the general views of the time it was written down.

Ewww Goddess love get it off!

Holy crap you actually read all those pages back there? I was going to say that's the last time I give you relationship advice :P *takes the lovin' back* haha

Kilo - You still haven't answered any of my questions :(

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I dont think homosexuality is wrong, its kinda cute to be honest with ya,

what is wrong is comparing consenting adults to paedophiles that prey on unconsenting children,!! :wall:

34437423232fp58ot232395683232947742.jpg

Noobienew

Teh Noobie of Noobies ©

random.jpg

Or the profit of discussion.

I see It as a discussion, not a debate. Also, If I had no idea what A forum was about, why would I post in one?

Nice Comment though, Keep it to yourself.

Okay sir.

Dare i use the roll, dare i use it.

:roll:

I used it.

That's Ma'm Actually. 8-)

dztf80.jpg

I would genuinely be astounded if there was anybody still out there with a modicum of intelligent or wit who still considered there to be a debate about this. It just amazes me.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I would genuinely be astounded if there was anybody still out there with a modicum of intelligent or wit who still considered there to be a debate about this. It just amazes me.

That's what they once said about geocentrism.

summerpngwy6.jpg

The popular arguments weren't quite as advanced though. Besides, heliocentrism is an empiral fact, this is a question of morals. To me it's almost one of those morals that there just doesn't seem to be much of an argument against anymore.

The popular arguments weren't quite as advanced though. Besides, heliocentrism is an empiral fact, this is a question of morals. To me it's almost one of those morals that there just doesn't seem to be much of an argument against anymore.

Haha, it was meant to be a joke. Forgot to put a :P in there I guess!

summerpngwy6.jpg

I think my two cents on homosexuality is different than most if not all other Christians. We Christians, ussually think we're better than everyone else, (but we're not, of course) and I think a lot of misconceptions about Christianity are protrayed by all the "Christians" in the public eye who portray their own veiws rather than the Bible's.

I believe that homosexuality is a choice, but it's ussually never a picked choice, most of people who are homosexual suffer from many psychological problems from their childhood, and most flamboyant gays are just perverse in nature. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, their sin isn't any worse than what I've done, but the choice to continue in that sin is what's not right. I don't hate anyone for being gay, but I can't aggree with their life choice, mostly because it's hurting them in the long run. Homosexuals have a much higher rate of suicide than straight people, whether this results from public harrassment and abuse I'm not sure, these are just the statistics.

So summed up, your argument is "I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I just think gays are worse than me for acting the way they do".

Whatever. See, I'm not anti-religious but this is what annoys me. You believing you're so much better than anyone else because a religion founded 2000 years ago tells you that you are.

What evidence, or even what right, have you got to call homosexuality a sin?

Unless of course what Jesus really meant was, "Love thy neighbour, hate thy gay". In which case, I apologise for my complete misunderstanding of Christianity.

Yeh, but Christians don't really listen to Jesus that much when you REALLY think about it. And they always try and shpeel off things that he says that they happen to not agree with. Well, they do listen to Jesus, but they also listen to the rest of the Bible. And other parts of the Bible contradict Jesus. But of course, these are only "metaphorical". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Interpretation stems from your beliefs. Your beliefs are caused by your your experiences and life which are manifested into your subconscious. Your subconscious, is different to everyone elses. Therefore, if the Bible is open to interpretation, there must be contradictions in it. If you read a book with contradictions in it and choose to believe only some sections, all you are doing is choosing things which you already agree with in the first place. Morality isn't objective, and therefore, "right" and "wrong" don't exist. There is only what you believe. And if you use the Bible to "believe", then as said before, you're just using it to backup something you already know.

Love thy neighbor vs. Kill all homosexuals

You decide Christians. But, after you make your decision, please don't try and bs us into thinking that the Bible is all perfect and provides you with proof of God's existence, when all you've done is looked at something, checked it out with your subconscious, and made a decision based on what you already think.

Hey.

Haha, it was meant to be a joke. Forgot to put a :P in there I guess!

Aha, more fool me then. Sorry, I was assuming you were being contrary to start a debate. *

* :P

Some wise words I found in a comment on youtube:

"if god wanted people to b gay, he wouldnt have created adam and eve, he wouldve created adam and steve"

Please no arguments about this, I just wanted to share this with you. It's not even my words.

By the way, if you're wondering what I was looking at, I was seeing what it looks like to shave your eyebrows off, as I might do it to mine so they grow back dark and bushier.

You know...

For all we know, there is no god, you're just blindly following something.

When that part of the bible was written, homosexuals were a bad thing, and still are in "god's" eyes. However, if they were more tolerable, there could have been an Adam and Steve. Its all just some freaking stories.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

And if you don't believe in God, this is meant to be relevant... how?

Obviously everyone's opinion is merely a belief and not proven as complete fact... but if God exists, He exists whether or not you believe in Him, so if you don't believe in God and God in fact exists (contrary to belief), it is an extremely relevant statement.

summerpngwy6.jpg