Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

It isn't a matter of right and wrong as everyone said...it's more a matter of if you are homosexual, you have every right to marry who you want (marraige laws abiding). If you are heterosexual, you have every right to marry who you want (marraige laws abiding). If you are bisexual, you have every right to marry who you want (marraige laws abiding).

If you think homosexuality is a sin, fine. Don't marry someone who is a homosexual. But it's not fair to people if someone starts dictating what their religion says at all. Little violation of the constitution i feel. (you know, the whole separation of church and state thing?)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think homosexuality is a sin, fine. Don't marry someone who is a homosexual. But it's not fair to people if someone starts dictating what their religion says at all. Little violation of the constitution i feel. (you know, the whole separation of church and state thing?)

Hear hear, too bad you got to this topic first, I was gonna say the exact same thing.

And I'll elaborate.

Look, I believe in the same God that all Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in. But do I believe that He controls and judges all our actions, no; do I believe that the Bible is a book of law, no; do I think America (I'm from America) should be governed according to religious creed, no.

Is homosexuality right? Well I'm not homosexual, at least, not entirely, I go both ways, but I still support gay rights and freedoms. Is homosexuality wrong, well that's a resounding NO and I have a huge pet-peeve of people using the same religion that I follow as a fall-back/shield/method of arguing that such alternate lifestyles are "wrong".

I think my two cents on homosexuality is different than most if not all other Christians. We Christians, ussually think we're better than everyone else, (but we're not, of course) and I think a lot of misconceptions about Christianity are protrayed by all the "Christians" in the public eye who portray their own veiws rather than the Bible's.

I believe that homosexuality is a choice, but it's ussually never a picked choice, most of people who are homosexual suffer from many psychological problems from their childhood, and most flamboyant gays are just perverse in nature. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, their sin isn't any worse than what I've done, but the choice to continue in that sin is what's not right. I don't hate anyone for being gay, but I can't aggree with their life choice, mostly because it's hurting them in the long run. Homosexuals have a much higher rate of suicide than straight people, whether this results from public harrassment and abuse I'm not sure, these are just the statistics.

So summed up, your argument is "I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I just think gays are worse than me for acting the way they do".

Whatever. See, I'm not anti-religious but this is what annoys me. You believing you're so much better than anyone else because a religion founded 2000 years ago tells you that you are.

What evidence, or even what right, have you got to call homosexuality a sin?

Unless of course what Jesus really meant was, "Love thy neighbour, hate thy gay". In which case, I apologise for my complete misunderstanding of Christianity.

Yeh, but Christians don't really listen to Jesus that much when you REALLY think about it. And they always try and shpeel off things that he says that they happen to not agree with. Well, they do listen to Jesus, but they also listen to the rest of the Bible. And other parts of the Bible contradict Jesus. But of course, these are only "metaphorical". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Interpretation stems from your beliefs. Your beliefs are caused by your your experiences and life which are manifested into your subconscious. Your subconscious, is different to everyone elses. Therefore, if the Bible is open to interpretation, there must be contradictions in it. If you read a book with contradictions in it and choose to believe only some sections, all you are doing is choosing things which you already agree with in the first place. Morality isn't objective, and therefore, "right" and "wrong" don't exist. There is only what you believe. And if you use the Bible to "believe", then as said before, you're just using it to backup something you already know.

Love thy neighbor vs. Kill all homosexuals

You decide Christians. But, after you make your decision, please don't try and bs us into thinking that the Bible is all perfect and provides you with proof of God's existence, when all you've done is looked at something, checked it out with your subconscious, and made a decision based on what you already think.

Okay. Two things here.

1.) Moral relativism is bad. Very bad.

2.) "Love thy neighbor vs. Kill all homosexuals" is not only a false dilemma but also, at best, a misunderstanding of Christian doctrine and/or, at worst, a pitiful attempt at trying to purposely misconstrue the Bible in order to make some otherwise non-existant point.

And if you don't believe in God, this is meant to be relevant... how?

Obviously everyone's opinion is merely a belief and not proven as complete fact... but if God exists, He exists whether or not you believe in Him, so if you don't believe in God and God in fact exists (contrary to belief), it is an extremely relevant statement.

Yet still entirely irrelevant in this lifetime.

1.) Moral relativism is bad. Very bad.

Why not explain a point, rather than making it look like you're citing some indisputable fact.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

helpful and epic post be here

[hide=]hey this is how i figure the bible,it says no incest,no rocking the boat before you get married but it also says that marriage =man + woman, i interpret this not as the bible bashing homosexuals but that whole man +woman statement is based on children,humans were given reproduction organs to reproduce and you can't exactly do that if your in a homosexual marriage now can you?,people believe that there is someone for everyone under the rainbow and they should reproduce, but the bible does not hate homosexuals it just wants to keep the human race alive by having people reproduce[/hide]

the mods are riding my ass for it

It saddens me to see that there's been enough debate here to make 37 pages of back-and-forth...

How can you say someone's wrong because of who they fall in love with? It's abso-effing-lutely ridiculous to try to say it's a choice.

Ugh, I don't want to get in a fight because of this, so I'll stop here. But I'm a civil rights activist. I will personally defend the human rights of anyone; and I will personally disembowel the bigots who are trying to take away these rights.

Whatever would we do without the Crusades... sigh.

How can you say someone's wrong because of who they fall in love with? It's abso-effing-lutely ridiculous to try to say it's a choice.

Worst. Argument. Ever. Seriously. You don't want to go there.

Why would a gay person choose to be so if it means persecution at the hands of other people, especially in a seriously conservative region of the U.S.? Lets take that to the extreme why would someone in Saudi Arabia or some other Sharia Law governed region choose to be gay if they can get the death penalty if found out? It makes no sense.

And if being gay is a choice, then the implication is that you and I should be able to just choose to be gay. I don't know about you, but that proposition makes absolutely no sense from a personal standpoint (i.e. it's not possible for me to just "choose" to be attracted to guys) and no sense from a biological standpoint biology would dictate that we have attraction to women and absolutely not men. It would indicate that something in a homosexual is biologically malfunctional, not that they just chose to be gay.

The only thing that I could see which could override that is a highly ingrained social practice, i.e. with the Greeks. Those social practices dont exist anymore (in fact many western cultures still side towards anti-gay attitudes with their laws) and yet we still have homosexuals despite the stigma.

Why not explain a point, rather than making it look like you're citing some indisputable fact.

There's nothing to explain, because it is an indisputable fact which history attests to.

I missed some history lessons, care to fill me in?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

It's not a choice, it's a preference.

We'll say I don't like chocolate ice cream, I only like vanilla. Oh look, here comes some third party who tells me it's wrong to like vanilla. Look, dude, I like vanilla. I'm going to sit right here and eat my vanilla and if you're offended by that then go away, don't talk to me, don't even attempt to get to know me, because I don't want to know someone as narrow-minded as you.

Seriously - wrong to like vanilla? What kind of misinformed brainwashing did they give you?

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png

I think its just people trying to get attention. People can choose not to be homosexual if they want. I know I'll get a bunch of crap for saying this, but thats what I think.

also, seeing as the bible says homosexuality is a sin, I see there can be only 3 possibilities:

1. its a choice

2. its not a choice and the bible is wrong

3. its not a choice and the bible is right

I think we can rule out choice 3, cause God would have to be really stupid to create someone who is inherently sinful and can't do anything about it...

but I mean, what about when girls go to parties and get drunk and make out with each other, then say they aren't [bleep]... They obviously were just trying to get attention. Which is the same with most homosexual people I think.

I'm a Christian, and it's not a choice, but you CAN get help and become "un-gay" ?

What I mean by not a choice is, usually someone grows up to be gay if they had a horrible relationship with their father, because then they are attracted (whether they want to or not) to what they are missing in their life, which is a male. Also, another theory is, (which I think is bull) which is, that when a mother gives birth to a the first male, there is so much testosterone (sp?) that the body reacts to it, so the next male pregnancy, the body kills off all the testosterone thus making the person femine\gay. But people say it doesn't effect the third male and stuff, which is why it doesn't make sense.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm a Christian, and it's not a choice, but you CAN get help and become "un-gay" ?

If that's true, why can't paedophiles just walk into a surgery and ask for help to become "un-paedophile"?

Probably because there is no way.

hey this is how i figure the bible,it says no incest,no rocking the boat before you get married but it also says that marriage =man + woman, i interpret this not as the bible bashing homosexuals but that whole man +woman statement is based on children,humans were given reproduction organs to reproduce and you can't exactly do that if your in a homosexual marriage now can you?,people believe that there is someone for everyone under the rainbow and they should reproduce, but the bible does not hate homosexuals it just wants to keep the human race alive by having people reproduce

the mods are riding my ass for it

But we, as humans, is our duty to reproduce to keep our species going. So I'm conflicted.

What dictates whether we are supposed to reproduce or not? There's no conclusive proof that we "have to". If you want to say the reason is because animals do it, well then you'd be surprised to find out that animals have gay intercourse too. Actually I think the world would be a much happier place without deforestation, hunting/poaching, pollution, etc.

But we, as humans, is our duty to reproduce to keep our species going. So I'm conflicted.

It's our duty eh? Haha, no sonny, you owe nothing to your race. What a bad philosophy to live your life by, do you eat too, only because you must survive?

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

It is our duty to reproduce. That's how you keep a species alive, duh. We owe our (un)born children and grandchildren the gift of life. What if your parents were gay. You wouldn't have been born, or you wouldn't have been born to where you were now.

Also, I've been told that human population is meant to go down because of the outrageous price to live right now.

Also, I do eat to survive. I don't why other people do it but I don't eat for pleasure.

TL;DR: We owe our children and grandchildren the gift of life.

^^ no way man I bet he got a B- in psych 101

I didn't use any knowledge on Psychology to make that argument. It's simple logic.

If we cannot stop paedophiles from being sexual attracted to children without castration, then one has to conclude a homosexual cannot stop being attracted to members of the same sex either.

Thus, it is not a choice, and not something that can be 'fixed' as though it were some sort of disease.

It is our duty to reproduce. That's how you keep a species alive, duh. We owe our (un)born children and grandchildren the gift of life. What if your parents were gay. You wouldn't have been born, or you wouldn't have been born to where you were now.

I'll remember my human obligation to rape someone next time I'm in town. After all, it is our duty to reproduce, even if the woman doesn't want to.

Also, I've been told that human population is meant to go down because of the outrageous price to live right now.

Also, I do eat to survive. I don't why other people do it but I don't eat for pleasure.

TL;DR: We owe our children and grandchildren the gift of life.

If it is our duty as living creatures, then why do we outlaw rape when it happens all the time with many different species in nature, and hundreds of thousands of years ago, even humans raped to reproduce (*btw I am against rape*)

It is our duty to reproduce. That's how you keep a species alive, duh.

So then by you people who don't want to/incapable of reproducing is doing a crime against humanity?

howlin1eeveesig.png

So immediately everyone thinks I mean rape all you want when I say we owe our children the gift of life? Ffs stop thinking like that perverts...

Also, a baby is a miracle (you know, conceived the right way). Gays who are not able to have a child and witness the miracle then I pity on you.