Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

I don't ever remember replying to this thread, but I keep seeing it surface. How is it alive?

Look, either you can be ignorant about it and not be accepting, or you can accept that people are gay. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but perception.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever remember replying to this thread, but I keep seeing it surface. How is it alive?

Look, either you can be ignorant about it and not be accepting, or you can accept that people are gay. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but perception.

Which is exactly why he said what he said. It's not 'good' or 'bad' or 'correct' or 'incorrect' to be homosexual. Just put a skin color in there, ie: black. Its not 'right' to be black and its not 'wrong' to be black. It's just a simple human characteristic, you can't apply correctness to that. Or atleast, that's what I think he was trying to say.

@ Ray, my apologies. I edited my original post.

happiehour.jpeg

P.s I am NOT gay so no smart [wagon] replies.

Oh man, wouldn't want someone to think you were gay right? Why are the people who are deffending gays turning around and saying BUT I'M NOT GAY DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME!!!!! It doesn't make any sense.

This is a serious tread, not in the games is it, so no making fun of people, we should have pride in what we believe in. or whats the point in believing in it?

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

This is a serious tread, not in the games is it, so no making fun of people, we should have pride in what we believe in. or whats the point in believing in it?

Do you even read what others say? I don't see how saying "ps: i'm not gay so don't make fun of me" is a belief, or even why he even has pride in thinking he isn't gay.

Please, reading comprehension. I've read through your posts and it has nothing to do with grammar but I honestly have the faintest idea what you are trying to get across.

So lets put it this way. Tell me where I was making fun in his belief or making fun of him for thinking homosexuality is not immoral. (which, for the record: I do not think that homosexuality is immoral.)

That's a dumb question. If you think homosexuality is wrong, you're an idiot. It's just STUPID that someone thought it was a good idea to make fun of people who are different them. Seriously, WHO THOUGHT OF THAT?!

theres no "DUMB" questions.

Yet there is [cabbage]ty grammar :|

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It is a type of physiological bullying i mean there is differint forms then just using Force and heavy phyical actions. can we just get back on task, for the people who havent spoken yet, not for this argument.
I do believe, sir, that you cannot type worth a [cabbage].

Anyways, the Bible says you cannot touch a pig, wear gold, or work on Sundays, or else you will die/go to hell/ anger god. So yeah, gf Bible argument.

You're an nob. Stop quoting Old Testament scriptures. Christians don't live by the Jewish rituals, and never did.

So I do believe sir, you have no idea what you're talking about.

It is a type of physiological bullying i mean there is differint forms then just using Force and heavy phyical actions. can we just get back on task, for the people who havent spoken yet, not for this argument.

Anyways, the Bible says you cannot touch a pig, wear gold, or work on Sundays, or else you will die/go to hell/ anger god. So yeah, gf Bible argument.

You're an nob. Stop quoting Old Testament scriptures. Christians don't live by the Jewish rituals, and never did.

Can I ask then why some Christians teach and believe the story of genesis as if it were true? If you don't live by Jewish rituals, why accept the first book of the Torah?

Can I ask then why some Christians teach and believe the story of genesis as if it were true? If you don't live by Jewish rituals, why accept the first book of the Torah?

There's a clear difference between a covenant in which we live by (that being between God and Man) and scriptural reference on aspects of history. Just because as Christians we've entered into a New Covenant because of Jesus coming and dieing on the cross for us, doesn't mean we discount our beliefs on history.

As stated previously Christians and Jews live by totally different covenants between us and our same God. That's why people like Erk stating that we can't touch pigs, wear gold, and work on Sundays as Christians is total crap.

WRONG!!!

Your capitalization of letters and bolding them not to mention the three exclamation points also have changed my life "j00b".

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

We are made for making new people for leaving on this earth, so it's wrong being homo. You can't say it's right.

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

There's a clear difference between a covenant in which we live by (that being between God and Man) and scriptural reference on aspects of history. Just because as Christians we've entered into a New Covenant because of Jesus coming and dieing on the cross for us, doesn't mean we discount our beliefs on history.

As stated previously Christians and Jews live by totally different covenants between us and our same God. That's why people like Erk stating that we can't touch pigs, wear gold, and work on Sundays as Christians is total crap.

Ok.

Oh and well done in the league tonight and go the Cowboys tomorrow! :P

Ok.

Oh and well done in the league tonight and go the Cowboys tomorrow! :P

Yeah It'll be a great game tomorrow. I would of said Warriors would of gotten up if it we're played away from the hot tropics of North Queensland due to Cowboys bad defence the last few weeks, but I think the hot conditions will be too much for the Warriors. And stopping Bowan, that's close to impossible.

Oh and yes Parra's win - I've had a big smile on my face the last 2 hours. :thumbsup:

We are made for making new people for leaving on this earth, so it's wrong being homo. You can't say it's right.

I say it is right because its just them being different and not being able to help it. A person born with a disability can't help that they have it, yet we still accept them as human beings. (Forget which disease, but there was one where chromosome 21 is multiplied three times). This means the person has 1 more chromosome then per normal. If these PEOPLE have more chromosomes, and a species is defined by the number of chromosomes, wouldn't be safe to say that these people with this disease are not human?

No, so exactly. Just because one is born with non normal human traits (I.e. a disability or homosexuality) does not mean they are a person. They are just different, and we need to accept this.

If you find it so wrong, go ahead and think that. But accept Gay people for who they are, humans. If you don;t do so, you're being ignorant, and thats wrong.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Do you even read what others say? I don't see how saying "ps: i'm not gay so don't make fun of me" is a belief, or even why he even has pride in thinking he isn't gay.

Please, reading comprehension. I've read through your posts and it has nothing to do with grammar but I honestly have the faintest idea what you are trying to get across.

So lets put it this way. Tell me where I was making fun in his belief or making fun of him for thinking homosexuality is not immoral. (which, for the record: I do not think that homosexuality is immoral.)

I mean have pride in thinking it is or it isn't, duh. either that or dont have a thought about it at all if u don't have pride why would you have posted.

My pure's stats:

Oh my! I guess I'm evil now because I've found out that I'm a transsexual and a bisexual!

Really, you sincerely cannot help it. Whether I have Gender Identity Disorder or not, I have a female gender identity and a male body.

My psychologist is wanting me to further research in order to be for sure that I have a female identity. I fit under the following criteria:

There must be evidence of a strong and persistent cross-gender identification.

This cross-gender identification must not merely be a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex.

There must also be evidence of persistent discomfort about one's assigned sex or a sense of inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex.

The individual must not have a concurrent physical intersex condition (e.g., androgen insensitivity syndrome or congenital adrenal hyperplasia).

There must be evidence of clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

I also cannot help it that I have the bisexual feelings. There are some men that I'm just simply attracted to.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I mean have pride in thinking it is or it isn't, duh. either that or dont have a thought about it at all if u don't have pride why would you have posted.

Are you that thick? I was not making fun of his belief! Wow.

So, in that case, bith control pills, condoms, surgery such as a vasectomy, conditions which don't allow you to make children and general unwillingness to have a children are all immoral.

Right.

Right let me get this straight, your saying Christians don't live by the old testament. That must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

The Bible as you know, is a book written under the influence of God for his people (Christians) the Jewish part is only the Torah (the first five books) the Torah and all the rest are for the Christians.

Even so the first five books include Exodus the whole moral for Christianity , these include the 10 commandments sent from God to Moses.(to be followed by all man kind)

The old testament is a big proof of the whole Bible as it links with the new testament, there a prophesies of Jesus in Isiah, Psalms and other books.

You calling someone a nob doesn't sound like a person who follows Jesus, nor loves his neighbour.

If you going to defend your opinion, do it properly, don't pick and chose things that you want out of the Bible.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Then, the best thing for me to do would be going around trying to get as many women as possible pregnant, right?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

What about straight people like me who think that kids are a waste of time and money and that the earth is full enough to begin with?

Who are we to judge homosexuality as right or wrong? We're no better than they are. If you prefer others of your own sex, good for you, but don't go around forcing your preference on others.

My thought exactly. Now I'm going to go into this whole "oh em gee!! like god made aids/HIV to like punish teh sinners :thumbsup: " posts. Grow up it's time to think outside the box, I'm an atheist shoot me. You know why I'm an atheist, well many reasons but a big one is the fact that "god" is so demanding and picky. If there really was/is a god I'd like to believe that he won't smite me down for having a free will and believing/doing what I believe is right.

Also think about this... We're different from homosexual people and they're never judging us. All the biased [wagon] go around calling them [bleep]s/homo's but never ever will you hear a homosexual call someone else a name because of their sexual preference.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

IS IT WRONG TO DRINK IF WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL AND NOT GET POISONED(drugs all together), what about sex before marriage, we can do that too. if we can eat meat, is it wrong to be a vedge or vegan? theres no real right or wrong answer.

A lot of people would say there's a right and wrong answer to all those questions... Also, I can't understand half of what you've been trying to say this whole time. Are you even for it or against it?

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I say it is right because its just them being different and not being able to help it. A person born with a disability can't help that they have it, yet we still accept them as human beings. (Forget which disease, but there was one where chromosome 21 is multiplied three times). This means the person has 1 more chromosome then per normal. If these PEOPLE have more chromosomes, and a species is defined by the number of chromosomes, wouldn't be safe to say that these people with this disease are not human?

No, so exactly. Just because one is born with non normal human traits (I.e. a disability or homosexuality) does not mean they are a person. They are just different, and we need to accept this.

If you find it so wrong, go ahead and think that. But accept Gay people for who they are, humans. If you don;t do so, you're being ignorant, and thats wrong.

Trisomy (three chromosomes) 21 is down syndrome. And in general species is defined by the ability to interbreed. If it were by number of chromosomes, we and a species of deer, among other organisms I'm sure, would be the same species.

• 4 months later...

Astra, thanks for the post.

2 questions -

(1) These laws all came from god, correct?

(2) How is the distinction made between civic, moral and ceremonial? For example, if one law is "homosexuals shall be put to death", then how is that law categorized or known to be intended as that particular class? You say there is some debate among classifying particular laws - how are we sure of the ones we know of?

Edit: And taking (2) a little deeper, how do we know that a particular law is not intended by god as a moral law when we classify it otherwise?

Thanks. :)

• 4 months later...

The song "I kissed a girl" seems sexist, its saying homosexuality isn't correct, or evil.

My pure's stats: