Is Jagex taking the piss?

jonmondalson

I made an advert complaint:

Dear Player,

Thank you very much for taking the time to get in touch with us here at RuneScape, we always welcome feedback.

We are currently investigating the advert in question and will be dealing with it as soon as is possible.

The content inside the adverts are not the views of Jagex unless they have been made by us for the purpose of educating players about RuneScape. This is because of the completely non-political stance that we have taken here at Jagex.

The views published in that advert are the views of the advert creators which we have no link to.

However, here at Jagex have very firm guidelines about what is and what is not acceptable to advertise upon our site and we will review the status of the advert on our site.

Thank you once again for your message, with people like you in the game RuneScape will be a better place.

Enjoy the game, and may your battles be victorious! :)

Yours Sincerely

Mod Zaschke

What the hell is up with the bit in bold? I make a serious complaint and they totally override that by making a ridiculous comment.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and hey, what's up with grocery store checkout people saying have a nice day? totally unrelated and innapropriate. I find it a grievous misuse of time and energy. I intend to shoot every single person that wastes my time by saying have a nice day.

fishing.gif

and hey, what's up with grocery store checkout people saying have a nice day? totally unrelated and innapropriate. I find it a grievous misuse of time and energy. I intend to shoot every single person that wastes my time by saying have a nice day.

LOL! im gonna go around and ask people if they play runescape, and if they dont answer in like 2 seconds im gonna hit them in the face for no goddamn reason at all. if someone says no and proceeds to cuss out runescape then i will personally kill their pets.

karlpetter.gif

LOL! im gonna go around and ask people if they play runescape, and if they dont answer in like 2 seconds im gonna hit them in the face for no goddamn reason at all. if someone says no and proceeds to cuss out runescape then i will personally kill their pets.

what on earth does that have to do with the post you quoted?

anyway, back on topic, this is just customer support's way of entertaining themselves, they're a little sad like that

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Oh no! it looks like the Jmods actually have a personality!

Sorry.... but what the heck are you complaining about? it was a personal way of saying "thanks, have a nice day".... what wrong with that! Just be glad that it's clear Jagex apreciated your message, and the guy who replied wanted to show his human side.

The message they sent had all the infomation you needed, although it did not sound very personal.... so it was made personal.

Please find somthing actually worth complaining about, human happy personality is really really a daft thing to rant about.

sig2webzx7.jpg

anyway, back on topic, this is just customer support's way of entertaining themselves, they're a little sad like that

You know what i love? I love it when people assume negative things about people for no reason at all, except just because they feel like being nasty. Did you EVER consider that it's just adding a lighter note to the message, considering it is runescape...It's just wishing you good luck, and like smapla said, it's pretty much just a more specific way of saying, "have a nice day"

It is not uncommon for a automated response to be sent when you report something. It is telling you that they received your report. The part,

We are currently investigating the advert in question and will be dealing with it as soon as is possible.

Tells me that they are processing your individual report.

This forum is not a place to bash Jagex. If this continues this topic will be locked.

mcguff1.png

Seriously Jagex needs to find some dignity in their messages.

Idiot, it's called humor. Instead of whining like a child at every corner, just play the game.

By the way, Jagex monitors this forum, and posting a message from a Jagex mod is a breach of the privacy agreement, and can get you banned.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Seriously Jagex needs to find some dignity in their messages.

Idiot, it's called humor. Instead of whining like a child at every corner, just play the game.

By the way, Jagex monitors this forum, and posting a message from a Jagex mod is a breach of the privacy agreement, and can get you banned.

It's aimed at their main customers: 13 year olds... :uhh:

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I don't know, I'd be tempted to respond in a similar fashion. Whenever I play an MMORPG (or any other game, for that matter), I try to stay "In-character". To me, that sounds like a reasonable farewell, unless you are a skiller, and don't fight (in which case, you *could* get offended, but that'd be silly O:) )

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

You know what i love? I love it when people assume negative things about people for no reason at all, except just because they feel like being nasty. Did you EVER consider that it's just adding a lighter note to the message, considering it is runescape...It's just wishing you good luck, and like smapla said, it's pretty much just a more specific way of saying, "have a nice day"

You know what I love? I love it when people don't notice that something's a joke

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

LOL!!!!!!

What Smapla said. Would you like it if he\she said "thnx u noob go cut ur throat no one luvs u lololol

Mod so and so"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge