Is Jagex taking the piss?

jonmondalson

Why are you complaining about a light hearted comment which does not descriminate against anyone or is in any way not politically correct?

What exactly do you have a problem with? :-s

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically this rant is: "Jagex wishes me to have a nice time playing their game and I'm going to chew their head off for it".

I can foresee the sequal to this rant: "Welcome to Runescape.......they are taking a piss at me, because I r having a serious password".

DutchDreams.png

and hey, what's up with grocery store checkout people saying have a nice day? totally unrelated and innapropriate. I find it a grievous misuse of time and energy. I intend to shoot every single person that wastes my time by saying have a nice day.

:lol: omg hod do i siggeh this?!

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

and hey, what's up with grocery store checkout people saying have a nice day? totally unrelated and innapropriate. I find it a grievous misuse of time and energy. I intend to shoot every single person that wastes my time by saying have a nice day.

:lol: omg hod do i siggeh this?!

Yet another person who leaked from the RSOF

what, the people at jAGeX cant wish you good luck in their own game? really, i mean being wished good luck in your baeelts from a jmod would be the best thing ever! you should take it a complement not an insult. <.<

yarlyyo3.gif

^^^Click for My Newgrounds Page!

My friend recieved a "may guthix be with you" at the end of his reply to his appeal on a permanent ban. :?

Back on topic: It's just jagex's way of saying "have a nice day," I find some of them funny. :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I don't know, I'd be tempted to respond in a similar fashion. Whenever I play an MMORPG (or any other game, for that matter), I try to stay "In-character". To me, that sounds like a reasonable farewell, unless you are a skiller, and don't fight (in which case, you *could* get offended, but that'd be silly O:) )

Finally, someone gets it!

This is just Jagex's way of staying in character. You are reading way too much into this.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

People whined and complained about everything so much they start to do it about the irrelevant things.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I don't know, I'd be tempted to respond in a similar fashion. Whenever I play an MMORPG (or any other game, for that matter), I try to stay "In-character". To me, that sounds like a reasonable farewell, unless you are a skiller, and don't fight (in which case, you *could* get offended, but that'd be silly O:) )

Im the same (kinda). In Halo 2, during the Arbiter's last 2 levels, I neevr use any Brute weapons, because they are "the weapons of a disgraceful enemy".

But, why make a rant about this? pointless spam, really./

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

why are we ranting about a rant no one cares about? just stop taking and it will go away... I hope... :pray:

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

That's just silly, the poor mod was just trying to lighten up his and your day. Like someone above me said (forgot name sorry :) ) We have sigs so it is very plausible that each mod has his/her own sig.

:wall: It's people like you who rant about kindness and waste the time that Jagex could use for more important things like ridding the world of RS bots, and creating better updates, and 10 points to who ever can guess who will be moaning and whining about the lack of updates or the sheer mass of the botter population... <.<

*I Think Jagex's updates are already great, people should really get off their backs. Jagex is a company, made up of human beings who have personalities and emotions. The staff at Jagex HQ are not the mindless moronic mechanized slaves you make them out to be.

How about people don't work for your pleasure, you will be back complaining again. :uhh:

That's just silly, the poor mod was just trying to lighten up his and your day. Like someone above me said (forgot name sorry :) ) We have sigs so it is very plausible that each mod has his/her own sig.

:wall: It's people like you who rant about kindness and waste the time that Jagex could use for more important things like ridding the world of RS bots, and creating better updates, and 10 points to who ever can guess who will be moaning and whining about the lack of updates or the sheer mass of the botter population... <.<

*I Think Jagex's updates are already great, people should really get off their backs. Jagex is a company, made up of human beings who have personalities and emotions. The staff at Jagex HQ are not the mindless moronic mechanized slaves you make them out to be.

How about people don't work for your pleasure, you will be back complaining again. :uhh:

people can't stand anything that makes people human when they're in this game...probably why all forms of moderator are hated

All businesses have signatures/letterheads for letters and strict guidelines to follow. The point of the response is to let you know they have received your inquiry and will be looking at the situation. Automated or not, they've received it. As much as everyone thinks that Jagex just sits around eating scones all day thats not the way it happens.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

• 4 weeks later...
I made an advert complaint:

Dear Player,

Thank you very much for taking the time to get in touch with us here at RuneScape, we always welcome feedback.

We are currently investigating the advert in question and will be dealing with it as soon as is possible.

The content inside the adverts are not the views of Jagex unless they have been made by us for the purpose of educating players about RuneScape. This is because of the completely non-political stance that we have taken here at Jagex.

The views published in that advert are the views of the advert creators which we have no link to.

However, here at Jagex have very firm guidelines about what is and what is not acceptable to advertise upon our site and we will review the status of the advert on our site.

Thank you once again for your message, with people like you in the game RuneScape will be a better place.

Enjoy the game, and may your battles be victorious! :)

Yours Sincerely

Mod Zaschke

What the hell is up with the bit in bold? I make a serious complaint and they totally override that by making a ridiculous comment.

lol!!! i recieved exactly the same message!!! what are they copy then paste?

asasasasaslx7.png

+1

kingtut3.png

Oh no! it looks like the Jmods actually have a personality!

Sorry.... but what the heck are you complaining about? it was a personal way of saying "thanks, have a nice day".... what wrong with that! Just be glad that it's clear Jagex apreciated your message, and the guy who replied wanted to show his human side.

The message they sent had all the infomation you needed, although it did not sound very personal.... so it was made personal.

Please find somthing actually worth complaining about, human happy personality is really really a daft thing to rant about.

Exactly.

f97dd2bf577d9e72.jpg