Standing ovation to Jagex

SockPuppet

I've been one to criticize Jagex's customer support for some time now. And I thought it was almost non-existant, well, which it nearly is. Especially after seeing the torrent of black marks come in last week on my account. One for offensive language, for calling someone illiterate I might add. And another for Misuse of Customer Support (how ironic) for arguing with a mod.

But I think my respect for them as a company just dropped in the negatives, after deciding to have a little fun with the appeal system.

goodjob.jpg

Only thing edited was my name, and the windows i had open.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people write multiple paragraphs explaining in great detail withalot of evidence showing how jagex made a mistake and get denied, your write this and you get it received..........im not sure what to say

clansig7.gif

people write multiple paragraphs explaining in great detail withalot of evidence showing how jagex made a mistake and get denied, your write this and you get it received..........im not sure what to say

Im one of those people who write paragraphs... im muted...

What is there to say? I mean, what the hell?

I might make that poster a wallpaper on my computer.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm starting to wonder if there are some people in the Customer Support don't have some odd sense of humor, and grant the appeal just because it's funny.

But really, if this is a constant example of how the appeals system works (ignoring well-written paragraphs, granting poorly written...well, junk), then that might explain why they ignored the one appeal attempt I ever tried (I hadn't even been aware that you could get 10.5 blackmarks and get banned for Offensive Language...Glad it was just a side account that I had been on on a whim.)

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

The appeal system is keyword based, similar to the tagging system Google and other search engines use to attach "word weight" to specific keywords. It's only for very rare or very serious cases that you'll actually get a real person to respond to your appeal.

Your previous account history also affects what the Appeal-O-Bot does to your appeal. It will lower the weight of heavy keywords you use repeatedly, and will blanket-reject you in certain cases (such as if you threaten suicide twice in a row).

For example, an appeal consisting solely of:

suicide scared never again so sorry only tried please help me didn't mean to one more chance kill myself cut wrists hanging pork and beans

Is much more likely to succeed rather than:

Dear Jagex,

I'm very, very and deeply sorry that I committed the offence of macroing. I've recently become a Christian and had my reproductive organs removed and I am sure that this will never happen again.

Thank you for understanding,

Timmy Jones

Also, there are hardcoded rules that the Appeal-O-Bot sometimes applies. Such as, if it's the very first offensive language blackmark you have, it will usually automatically approve your appeal.

Makes you think about just how much Jagex cares about their loyal customers, eh?

Ex-cheater.

Web designer, PHP programmer, security analyst, and occasional goat milker.

ESCAPE WINDOWS! Dedicated poweruser of Ubuntu Linux.

The appeal system is keyword based, similar to the tagging system Google and other search engines use to attach "word weight" to specific keywords. It's only for very rare or very serious cases that you'll actually get a real person to respond to your appeal.

Your previous account history also affects what the Appeal-O-Bot does to your appeal. It will lower the weight of heavy keywords you use repeatedly, and will blanket-reject you in certain cases (such as if you threaten suicide twice in a row).

For example, an appeal consisting solely of:

suicide scared never again so sorry only tried please help me didn't mean to one more chance kill myself cut wrists hanging pork and beans

Is much more likely to succeed rather than:

Dear Jagex,

I'm very, very and deeply sorry that I committed the offence of macroing. I've recently become a Christian and had my reproductive organs removed and I am sure that this will never happen again.

Thank you for understanding,

Timmy Jones

Also, there are hardcoded rules that the Appeal-O-Bot sometimes applies. Such as, if it's the very first offensive language blackmark you have, it will usually automatically approve your appeal.

Makes you think about just how much Jagex cares about their loyal customers, eh?

Meh, it's morally wrong. Can you imagine an automated court case where the machine messes up and a serial killer/rapist gets off free?

Okay, perhaps I shouldn't be comparing Rule 1 to mass killing, but oh well.

btw I love the poster!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Meh, it's morally wrong. Can you imagine an automated court case where the machine messes up and a serial killer/rapist gets off free?

Okay, perhaps I shouldn't be comparing Rule 1 to mass killing, but oh well.

btw I love the poster!

Judge bot:(robot voice) You are charged with triple homicide. The meat sack on the defense shall rise and give his pathetic defense.

Defense: suicide scared never again so sorry only tried please help me didn't mean to one more chance kill myself cut wrists hanging pork and beans!

*All jury bots stand*

Jury bot: We have collaborated over our secure wifi game lobby and have decided...Not Guilty!!

:ohnoes:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The entire thing is obviously photoshoped. Jagex doesn't give blackmarks without good reason. It's not hard to play nice!

No, it's not, I know for a fact how the appeal system works after force-appealing several banned accounts and macroers, and working with other cheaters to test certain keyword weights in certain situations. If you don't believe that his picture is real, I can hop on to one of my old cheating forums and pull at least a dozen pictures right now of macroers laughing at the appeals that got them their bots back.

Ex-cheater.

Web designer, PHP programmer, security analyst, and occasional goat milker.

ESCAPE WINDOWS! Dedicated poweruser of Ubuntu Linux.

i just tried typing a random message to recover my account asshumper69

yes i made the account before they made asshumper edited.

got perma banned for offencive language before i could log in.

well i wrote something like this for my appeal:

jagex ban why me not log in kill self suicide cut wrist pork and beans jagex dumb monkeys gots fleas oscar meyer frito lay

we will see what happens lol

Pro Muter For Life

altizzle.png

jagex ban why me not log in kill self suicide cut wrist pork and beans jagex dumb monkeys gots fleas oscar meyer frito lay

:shock: :shock: :shock: .What.... ok, i'm laughing so hard, people would be shooting questions at me. If it works, Jagex better watch out :shock:

22031_s.gif

Not smart, IP tracking?

I can't stop laughing at that poster. =P

Cowards can't block Warriors.