Dragon Boots, Common Drop?

Achilleus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get some flowing into the economy, they can always nerf the drop rate later.

This is true, but I hope they stay common. I'm tired of insanely rare drops from ridiculously high leveled monsters being the introduction of items.

35b9enp.jpg

Better not be -.- I want my pickaxe!!!

Hells to the yeah

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

They're just as common as rune boots, I don't see what everyone is complaining about.

The reason the drop rates of items seem more at the start is that more people are killing them, it's as simple as that. I have not seen any evidence to suggest that drops have been nerfed, unless someone supplies me with hard evidence I believe the whip drop rate is the same as it has always been.

I went 5k+ iron dragons without a drop, does that mean the drops were nerfed? No, it means I was REALLY unlucky.

They're just as common as rune boots, I don't see what everyone is complaining about.

The reason the drop rates of items seem more at the start is that more people are killing them, it's as simple as that. I have not seen any evidence to suggest that drops have been nerfed, unless someone supplies me with hard evidence I believe the whip drop rate is the same as it has always been.

I went 5k+ iron dragons without a drop, does that mean the drops were nerfed? No, it means I was REALLY unlucky.

I totally agree with you. I just got my first D leg drop from iron/steel dragons after killing over 3k of them. It's all random.

aglipoy.png

Nerfed It already?? :shock:

Jagex just wait until the price is sufficiently low, I guess that 1.2m or w/e it is low enough. Much too low if u ask me.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

like EVERYTHING else in the game, it is random...I killed 600+ before I got a pair of boots. BUt then again, my buddy zot got 13 pairs...3 within an hour. RANDOM.

EDIT: also I am glad it was a slayer 83 monster, I thought for sure it would be a slayer 95 monster.....

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

absoluetly correct. I really doubt the game makers sit around late at night snickering about how they can "nerf" something.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I've killed close to 200 of them without a d boots drop yet, but I agree they will most likely nerf the drop rate somewhat in the near future.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

They did this with dragon legs, albeit, probly not as high a drop rate as this boots. It's to get lots of the boots into the game, then, after a month or so, they'll quietly nerf it.

hit the nail on the head

Ah Alright I see But I still think Jagex should have saved the dragon boots for another update

Whats next dragon item ....Dragon Pickaxe? <3:

I am guessing dragon PLate body

if they get dragon plate they should rig it so only about 100 drop a week

i want it to be astronomical, something to reach for.

1-3.jpg

They did this with dragon legs, albeit, probly not as high a drop rate as this boots. It's to get lots of the boots into the game, then, after a month or so, they'll quietly nerf it.

hit the nail on the head

Ah Alright I see But I still think Jagex should have saved the dragon boots for another update

Whats next dragon item ....Dragon Pickaxe? <3:

I am guessing dragon PLate body

if they get dragon plate they should rig it so only about 100 drop a week

i want it to be astronomical, something to reach for.

dragon platebody would be completely pointless.as a defence option barrows is better and as a statement(showing off) 3a armour has replaced.the only dragon items yet to be relased which i think are needed are the dragon picaxe and dragon warhammer.People just want it so they can complete the set :roll:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Just a question, do the d boots drop from the mages only or also from the warriors and meleeers?

Anyhow. Its a great addition to the game. Personally I think that if they did it in a seperate update I wouldn't be as excited. I mean yay we get better boots?

And dont forget the dragon shortsword. You've seen his little cousin rip lots of people to shreds. And his big brother being used quite allot when d scimmy's werent around. I bet it would be an awesome and formidable weapon. Not saying that the D warhammer wouldn't be. I mean, who doesn't like to psychoticly bash a 4kg hammer into an unsuspecting head, I know I do :lol:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Well after thinking about it a bit I think this is another one of JAGeX's way of killing off Pures. Think about it, Dragon Boots as common as Rune, cheap, everyone over 60 Defence using them? Pures won't stand a chance.

What is it with you and a personal vendetta against Jagex and accusing them of trying to kill off pures? Honestly, seems like any good weapon for an all around player is an excuse for you to bash Jagex for not satisfying pures.

OT: Like many others have said, they get a drop into circulation, then they nerf it. Same thing happened with most other Dragon drops, as well as the Fremennik drops (rings, mud staff, seercull, etc.).

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I don't get why people are saying that the Dragon boots drop is so common. I was there yesterday and in around 500 kills I only got 1 pair. Since this was the drop from the first Spiritual Mage I killed, this puts my dry streak at around 500 as well.

Looks like my bad-luck prevails again.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Hmmm, this is the first time I have heard about dragon boots, but then I have only played for 3 days on F2P.But then I have heard a lot about god swords so I do think it is over looked but I wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know if they where a common drop or not.

82889247kf9.png

I think the fact that (reportedly, I'm not sure about this) all the 'spiritual' monsters drop it has a major affect as well. That's a slayer level of 63 required - lower than that required for rune boots and thus easier for more people to get.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA