Still think randoms are totally random?

T. Skill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a logical explanation for this.

Random events are NOT random because of when they appear.

Instead they are random because you never know what one will show up.

True, certain actions are tied to specific events. You will NEVER get a troll event if you are alching.

I am fairly certain that there are codes for when an event is to show up.

However there is very little coding for what one to show up.

Hopefully this will end the discussion.

Btw, I have NEVER gotten the Pious Pete and the Treasure Chest event. :cry:

I agree with this.

Since I started RS (2 or 3 years ago), I only had 3 mimes (still needed gloves and all 4 emotes). Since I wanted to complete my mime set, I went random hunting. Over 2 hours at the minotaurs (burying bones plus ranging) in the stronghold, I had 3 mimes, along with a huge number of others. By the end of the next day, I had completed my mime set.

You get to the point where you say, "Next bone I bury will be my next random". It's the same with cutting Willows at Draynor, you get to the point where you are expecting a random any second (pity the Ent counts as a random ... that's just annoying).

Certain actions in certain places have higher random chances, and the random event randomly chosen is based on where you are and what you are doing, weighted (e.g., 4 ent options, 1 tree spirit, 1 evil chicken, 2 sandwich ladies, etc) and then 1 is randomly chosen.

My impression is that there is a 'stand-down' time after your last random where you won't get another one, but an earlier post may indicate otherwise. For truely repetitive tasks, it looks like a 15-30 minute window between randoms.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

What Jagex needs to do is make a quest that will give you something, I dunno, maybe a ring, or an amulet, or just an action, that when worn/activated, you can no longer get randoms. Perhaps, as well, some sort of device that can make you "random", so that you can get more randoms. Personaly, I like them. Except the ones that destroy my tools...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Although not directly stated I belive Paul once hinted that some tasks do seem to summon randoms more than others.

I am not sure if was intentional on Jagexes part or if it is a ghost in the system.

WoooooooOOooOooOoo

*gedi mind wave*

You where extreamly impressed with my ghost impession.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Although not directly stated I belive Paul once hinted that some tasks do seem to summon randoms more than others.

I am not sure if was intentional on Jagexes part or if it is a ghost in the system.

WoooooooOOooOooOoo

*gedi mind wave*

Like we need His Royal Majesty to tell us that! We've known that one for donkeys' years. Anyone who's tried powertraining for a 99 in anything will no certain randoms crop up for certain actions.

WoooooooOOooOooOoo

*gedi mind wave*

Like we need His Royal Majesty to tell us that! We've known that one for donkeys' years. Anyone who's tried powertraining for a 99 in anything will no certain randoms crop up for certain actions.

Hehe, I saw a rl pic of him in a gold party hat! he's very royal :P

Anywho, I think the main point I was trying to say was there is a chance it is not a feature Jagex programmed into the game! It may be a cleave feature that just..... happened!

to add more on topic, some areas seem to be very randoms prone too.... the bottom layer of the strong hold of security is VERY prone to kidnap randoms, and apparently so is alkrid bank.

sig2webzx7.jpg

The same happens when I kill blue dragons. After about 10 minutes of dragon slaying to fill my pack I teleport to Falador, and almost every time I get the teleportation matrix error random event. Free rune ftw.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Randoms are more common in Security Stronghold, Alching, Teleing, Smithing.

Jagex does it on purpose of course it's not at all random.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I hardly ever get a random event. I don't know if its just bad luck(or good luck in this case) or there is a key in doing certain things that activates the randoms programming and makes them appear faster.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Ah one of my friends who is a somewhat notorious rulebreaker claims that he gets more randoms than normal people. I was skeptical but when we trained together side by side, he got 3x more randoms than me. He says Jagex tweaked his char so that it would get more randoms because of his many black marks. Hmmm I am not quite convinced but he really *does* get a lot more randoms than me all the time.

We know randoms are not realy random. Jagex has also increased the rate of randoms while doing anything. Every time you come out of a bank booth you get a random. (and I still can't get the mime to come. <.< [ only got him twice in all my years of playing runescape.]

Mainly every time you do an action you have a chance of getting a random. Alching gives more of a chance of a random, and the longer you go without a random, the higher your chance of getting one. So it used to be a surefire way that if you alched while in egg form (inable to get randoms while an egg) after 10 minutes of alching if you go back to human form and do one alch, you would get a random.

thus leaving it to the conclusion they're not random?

Sig.jpg

Yes, I still think that it is random. But sometimes...it's just natural to think for a litle while that it isn't random. But they're, that's why they're called random events :). But for sure you can think about that discussion :P

I know english isn't your first language, but for the future, they're means "they are" and "there" means what your trying to say.

And 'litle' is spelt "little". :)

On topic, I don't think that randoms are random lol..

jordangmsunset.jpg

Every time i train at the Stronghold of Security, i get about 5x the normal rate of randoms. In an hour and a half on my lvl 35, i got 8 drill demons and god knows how many creepy old dudes giving me stuff

xchariotx.png

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."-Martin Luther King

"The Kingdom of God is anarchy"-Nicolas Berdyaev

Every time i train at the Stronghold of Security, i get about 5x the normal rate of randoms. In an hour and a half on my lvl 35, i got 8 drill demons and god knows how many creepy old dudes giving me stuff

Free stuff is better than no stuff.

:shock:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif