10 September 2007 Herbal remedies and Achievement Diary

Taito2004

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex seem to have missed out an extra benefit to the Varrock Armour 2 and possibly the 3rd set too.

Not only do you have a chance of making an extra bar. But it also increases the speed in which you forge.

This means smithing with the Varrock Armour could actually be faster than Port Phasmatys because it takes less time to make all those bars.

if that true then we should time this against port phasmats and the fremmy one to get some raw scores.

You should be comparing against Neitiznot, since it is the fastest of all (no door).

I am testing right now, and I do not like what I see.

I am smithing steel while wearing Varrock plate #3.

You occasionally smith two bars at once, but it's not anything magical - it still costs you the same amount of ores. So the effect is occasionally you smith 2 irons and 4 coals at once to get 2 bars of steel.

By the time you mess with the door, you aren't really gaining that much.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This cleaning herbs thing sounds stupid and ruins herblore! It also makes it easier. :(

Unless you can't put your herbs into vials any more, I'm pretty sure the update was a good one.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wow I just can't get my hot air balloon to travel to Varrok and then somewhere else. I keep crashing! :XD:

Any hints on getting this balloon to Varrok. :-w Grrr....

huh?i though you just needed to use the baloon from varrock to another place rather than get it to varrock.i know this is pretty obvious but tipit player guides has a few for all the routes

tifsdac6mc.gif

Does anyone know where "Elsie" is? I have walked around Varrock for the past half hour looking for her... I just cannot remember where the name comes from. :oops:

She's on the top floor of the Saradomin church. Bring her a cup of tea so that she will tell you a story.

Does anyone know where "Elsie" is? I have walked around Varrock for the past half hour looking for her... I just cannot remember where the name comes from. :oops:

She's on the top floor of the Saradomin church. Bring her a cup of tea so that she will tell you a story.

Thanks! I never would have found her lol. Never even thought of the church. :-w

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

If I get the 2nd plate, does it affect gold mining/smithing?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

QueenValerie said

Thanks Krisc6 that is what I was using the Tipit player guide and still I was crashing.

I was not aware we only need to balloon from Varrok now I just need to find it.

You have to unlock it from Entrana, so...

The player guide is good as a guide but it does not give every step of the way. Use your common sense/ judgement together with the guide (which has some small mistakes) and you will get there.

Once you did the Varrock unmock I advise to unlock them all now.

Once you know what to do it is easy.

These routes are good for making your own planks and for crafting laws, so unlock them.

When you mine 2 ores you get double experience and a message.

I did not get any exp for gems that i got while mining coal, I thought thay gave 65 exp before....

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

If I get the 2nd plate, does it affect gold mining/smithing?

Gold smelting yes, not sure about mining, should work.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Herbs will probably be like raw and cooked food, the grimy will be worth more than the clean for the extra xp for identifying.

Herbs will probably be like raw and cooked food, the grimy will be worth more than the clean for the extra xp for identifying.

I don't think so. Identifying herbs gives minute experience. The real EXP comes while making the potions. Raw and cooked food is completely different. The raw food is cookable, while the cooked food only provides health.

do you think that herbs after a while will drop because of the death of unids.i like many others spent money on unids to make a profit and garner some herblore experience,now we cant do that you think that it will end up driving merchants to lower prices?i can see rannars going as low as 5kea over time but im speculating :-w

tifsdac6mc.gif

Curse the Smithing and Farming requirements... One question, do the rats caught during the kitten phase add up with the ones caught as a cat?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

For those of you having a hard time catching 100 rats, just use your ring of charos(a), it allows you to pick any coloured kitten you want. Just use the (charm) option.

That doesn't help with catching 100 rats...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

One question, do the rats caught during the kitten phase add up with the ones caught as a cat?

No, at least for me it never did. I had to catch 100 rats with my kitten then walk around for 3 hours+ and wait

for my kitten to turn into a cat. :XD: Then had to go back and catch 100 more with my cat when Gertrude finally

gave me the medal.

I believe the count was 10, 50 then 100 using a rat pole.

queenvalerie.png