10 September 2007 Herbal remedies and Achievement Diary

Taito2004

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it pathetic that all the high levels moan about the achievement diaries being easy or repeating stuff they have already done.

All I can say is DUH

The achievements diaries are designed to make players explore an area. They are made from the perspective of a player who has NEVER explored the area.

From such a perspective they are great, interesting and introduce you to some new things.

Sure they are a bit rubbish if your a high level as monsters aren't aggressive,you've been to these places b4 etc. But its not Jagex fault you already know the area as you take the time to do quests etc.

Just wait until a brand new city comes out (eg priffindas) with an achievement diary straight away, it will seemless useless then as you will actually been exploring and discovering new things from doing the diary.

And mr. paw claw hits the nail on the head! Well said. Any achievement diary is welcome to me. :) (I'm lvl 126)

Same. I'm high leveled and I find the Achievement Diaries fun with a decent reward. For the moron back a few pages that listed reasons as to why the diary is nooby: You're the only useless thing on this thread. So get off your high horse. No one is above this update. It is meant as an exploration of an area with a slight reward, not as a way to show off how much you think you own.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Am I the only one who thinks that its odd that we have now had every in-game update for this month aside from the Alter, and its only the 10th? Normally things are spread around a bit, but we're only 1/3 of the way though this month and there is only one main update to go. I'm guessing that this Zamorak alter is going to be a fairly big update.

*twiddles thumbs while waiting for kitten to grow.*

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I just found 33 dirty Ranarrs in my bank. I have no freakin' idea where they came from/why I never bothered to ID them. ._. I also found out I have over 7 times the amount of the highest 3 herbs, compared to the amount of Snapdragon and Cantadines I have. :shock: HERBLORE MAKES NO SENSE LOL. 3

But after being at college all day, I can finally try the Achievement Diary. Here's to doing half of it, then leaving and never coming back to finish it. :P

How... Moxious.

Barrows Drops: Dharok Plate (5/12/06) Torag Legs (5/12/06) Verac Flail (5/20/06) Guthan Helm (5/29/06) Ahrim Hood (6/9/06) Verac Skirt (6/25/06)

Does anyone know how to reobtain a rat pole? The weird sisters in the varrock sewers don't seem to want to give me a new one.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

I have found the Varrock Diary fun... been a while since I have done a few of the things listed, others I had never tried... I think it is a good way to get us to explore a bit...

I suggest doing things for the fun of it and not always looking for major rewards (although I think the reward is pretty good and I think my Karamja reward was awesome :mrgreen: )

Have fun everyone!

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

Well i was really enjoyed it yesterday =) the only thing made me mad was killing over 100 rats with willy cat and then getting to know that you only can do it with a kitten/cat! So i ve spent 2 hours (maybe more) for growing kitten into cat and only now am going to kill all this rats AGAIN. And I know it will be much slower than with willy cat.. ehh but reward worth it, doesnt it? =D

freezia.png

#74 to 99 Hunter (24.12.2006)

#141 to 99 Farming (27.03.2007)

fremmy could have been good.

this 1 seems like jagex was a bit lacking, perhaps they hopped the poll would have gone to something they were a bit more prepared for.

i dunno, i like the idea behind it but karamja was a bit better, they didnt even have win a round @ rat pits in varrock. i dont think, i have not looked through it entirely.

fremmy could have sucked to, but it could have been cool. heres a few i thought could be "reasonable" go kill 10 daganoths, go kill a giant rock crab/walaski. enter the daganoth king lair. enter the light house dungeon. travel the sounds to barbarian out post via light house. use a lyre to teleport to rellekka. drink a keg of beer.

Herblore gets props as the herbs you get from farming are now grimy - meaning more herb xp for farmers.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

No. of steps from bank to furnace (neitiznot&port) is 15

No. of steps from bank to building door edge (cant enter yet) is 17, about 5 or 6 steps inside building to furnace. that makes 22 or 23 steps for edge.

Owned I guess. :|

EDIT: Anyone care to enlighten me on the true precise weight on lvl 3 varrock armor? Previous pictures don't show exact since unlikely that lvl 2 is 1kg and the lvl3 armor is 8 or 9 kg. <.<

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Not sure if this is posted yet,but ill post it anyways.

Picture of Varrock Armour 3 weared by myself.

*Picture*

Oh,it has been posted..well,i thinks not bad if someone did it again.

About update,i liked it.Only thing in Diary was the rat part,already had the medal so it felt little frustrating to do it again.

Herb update is very good,no more unid-scams.

:S Whats the best way to get farming up?

Do a tree run daily. Plant best tree seeds you have/can afford and make sure you pay farmers to look after.

Do an allotment run as often as you can. I advise bulk buying cabbage or tomato seeds to use in 3 of them. In the Catherby one use watermelons/sweetcorn/strawberries. In a day you can do about 3/4 allotments runs if you are lucky.

On one allotment run per day divert to the specials patches.

I personally do not bother with hops or bushes.

The main bulk of your XP will come from trees. Use allotments to boost this up, and make profit via herbs.

To get lots of tree seeds do Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble and use that, sell the maples and flax to make a little profit and get free seeds. You can also kill the Giant Mole and trade the gardener. This way is better if you are strictly going to stick to farming.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Jagex seem to have missed out an extra benefit to the Varrock Armour 2 and possibly the 3rd set too.

Not only do you have a chance of making an extra bar. But it also increases the speed in which you forge.

This means smithing with the Varrock Armour could actually be faster than Port Phasmatys because it takes less time to make all those bars.

Dark_Jab.png

I just did the quiz and scored 0 out of 6 :lol: . I'm below dad (wich is 1/6).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Jagex seem to have missed out an extra benefit to the Varrock Armour 2 and possibly the 3rd set too.

Not only do you have a chance of making an extra bar. But it also increases the speed in which you forge.

This means smithing with the Varrock Armour could actually be faster than Port Phasmatys because it takes less time to make all those bars.

if that true then we should time this against port phasmats and the fremmy one to get some raw scores.

tifsdac6mc.gif