10 September 2007 Herbal remedies and Achievement Diary

Taito2004

Ok, there's no furnace in Edgeville. So does that mean you have to Superheat in Edge in order to activate the double bar chance :-k? The herb update revolutionizes specter tasks and kills herb scammers =D>.

The furnace is there just east of the bank.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That level 3 armor is so nice...

Right now I'm facing a problem...

I cannot seem to finish the rat catching task. Gertrude won't give me a medal, even though I had caught 100 rats before the achievement diary. Why the hell would they nullify it.. :(

So I started catching hellrats in evil daves basement with my old lazy cat, like I did when I caught them before the diary.

Judging by the amount of spices I have collected into bank during this, I must have caught well over 100 rats by now. And yet the message of "you've caught 100 rats" hasn't come yet.

Somethings fishy here. Either hellrats don't count towards the 100 anymore, or I have to use a newly bought kitten to catch them. <.<

Solution, anyone?

dontfearthereaper2.png

So, to summarise, the rewards for spending hours doing things unrelated to Varrock, and getting a few irrelevant and slow levels 70s are:

-Marginally faster mining/smithing

-Access to a slower place to train cooking than the Rogue's Den

:thumbsup:

So, to summarise, the rewards for spending hours doing things unrelated to Varrock, and getting a few irrelevant and slow levels 70s are:

Lol, precisely. This is one of the most disappointing updates this year, although I didn't expect anything out of it. There is only so much that can be done with Varrock. Having this as an option shortly after they renovated Varrock's graphics was a bad idea... Actually, allowing players to decide the update is a bad idea in itself. As I've said many times before, the noobs just want what looks easiest or that they are most familar with. That's why Fremmenik lost, when it would've probably been the most suitable place for the next diary.

td2sig.jpg

Hmm the bank isn't really slower than the rogues den but I'm still pretty disappointed. They did all they could do (and some stuff they shouldn't have) with Varrock. I'm pretty sure it was only voted in because everyone thought it would be easiest so to make up for that, Jagex adds high skill requirements to some of the slowest skills. If it had been Fremmy, I can bet there wouldn't be super hard skill requirements. The mining update isn't exactly the huge update miners and smithers have been waiting for, but it's a start.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I love this update, i do lots of farming, beside fishing <3: , and now i can get herb XP, plus it cuts down on scams even more, jagex do really care about players, even though some are too busy ranting to realise that -.-

Support my goal at QFC:48-49-366-47769778 on runescape's official forums, say hyt so i'll know where you came from! :)

I think this update is quite good you know...

Ok maybe some silly tasks, but those tasks you do once in your RS carreer anyway... like someone said before, its for someone who's new to the area...

I thinks its a nice reward, the bank in cooksguild is cool... and the double mining / smithing is good, its only a little bit faster, but its something... if we didn't have this it would still be slower, so you could call it an improvment...

and those saying fremmenik should've come, just wait, it'll be there one day... and maybe by that time you'll say: what a dumb update, they could've done way better...

Just appreciate the updates as they come, and if you don't like it, then don't do it... It's a thing most players forget, you should do things you like to do, and have fun with... the new tip.it times is a good illustration for this...

Well these are just some things I wanted to say, i don't post often so...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

rogue.jpg

the new pl8 look neat. look at the muscles :shock:

doing the medium part tomorrow :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I don't like those rewards for achveiment diary they are nefing smithing and mining for noobs who complain it's too hard!

Herblore update <3

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Great, just great. Got a new kitten so I can capture 100 rats. I wasted my time using my Wily hellcat to try and catch rats.

The success rate of killing them with kittens is beyond a joke. It's going to take hours to get them, and by the I have 10 it will of probably grown up.

Dark_Jab.png

no idea but i dont like the lvl 70 farming requirment

hard's hard.

I'm glad they added this in, because we want only dedicated people who have this.

I see jagex killed 2 birds with one stone...in a previous poll, mining was ranked one of the top skills that people wanted an update from. All of the rewards have something to do with mining. Clever.

Good update.

Can F2P use the new furnace in Edgeville? If so, is it closer than the one in Al-Kahrid?

You need the armor you get from completing the easy task to enter the furnace house.

So the answer is no.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

I killed 110 Rats with my Lazy/Wily Hellcat (changed in the middle), I counted.

Gertrude won't mention the medal?

Someone please help!

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I killed 110 Rats with my Lazy/Wily Hellcat (changed in the middle), I counted.

Gertrude won't mention the medal?

Someone please help!

I had the same, but with kitten, you should use kitten/cat as only those work for medal, not overgrown/wiley/lazy, but with kitten it was because of a killcount glitch, killcounts are bit glitched there

Are. You. Serious.

I can't kill rats with a kitten... Just no... and I can't spend the time training it to be a Cat... ugh this makes me so mad.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!