~Dumb School Rules~

Lt_Necro_Lt

In Middle School, you weren't allowed to listen to IPods and stuff during lunch. If it's stolen, it's your fault. In Highschool they let you listen to IPods, which is nice, and teachers don't mind if you listen between classes (8 mins between, you only need like 3), so that's cool.

Also, they say that 'We're in charge of you from the moment you leave your house to walk to school/bus stop, and until you step into your door', but they also say 'your safety to and from school is your parents responsibility'. If they're in charge of what we do, they should be responsible for our safety.

Also how you had to buy tissues and soap for your school during Middle School, as if they don't have the money to do it themselves. I asked a teacher, and they just said "do you want to be blowing your nose on those brown paper towels this winter?" I didn't ask why we used them, I asked why we had to buy them. -.-

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also how you had to buy tissues and soap for your school during Middle School, as if they don't have the money to do it themselves. I asked a teacher, and they just said "do you want to be blowing your nose on those brown paper towels this winter?" I didn't ask why we used them, I asked why we had to buy them. -.-

-.-

My homeroom teacher last year made a big deal about it. He kept yelling at us for freeloading his tissues during math class. (He was also my math teacher) He then decided to blame our homeroom. I never brought in a box of tissues the whole year. :XD:

(We ended up having to use toilet paper :lol: )

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

The one I don't like is the normal "penut free" thing. Yes I am aware that some people can have a potentialy fatal reaction to even the smell, but really. I can understand the rule in elementry (grades 1-6) and maby even junior high (grades 7-9) btu High School?

The rest of the world is not penut free (at least not yet), so I don't see why hundreds or thousands of people should not be allowed to have a penut butter sandwich, or a resses pieces at lunch if they so desire. We have eppi pens, which should be sufficent to get you to teh hospital.

One other point, I have seen this at least 3 times. May God have mercy on someone with a penut allergie, if the other kids find out there the one responsible for the ban on penuts. I have seen kids in elementry and junior high get pretty badly hurt because someone figured it out. If I were deathly allergic to penuts, I would rather have the ban lifted than live in constant fear that someone would find out, resulting in me getting seriously hurt, most likely several times. People really like there penut butter, you do not want to be the reason they can't enjoy it 6 hours a day :ohnoes:

And by seriously hurt, I mean elementry kids being responsible for putting another kid in the hospital with a suspected neack injury, and though the adults never really found out, penut allergies were the primary motivation :uhh: :ohnoes:

One person caused a school of nearly a thousand people to go completely latex free. Only in a democratic state.

A-frickin'-men.

I really hate hair rules, though; it's really the only way to not look like EVERYONE else. And girls can have their hair however they damn well please.

:cry:

Yes, having your hair out of way of your vision is soooo conformist :roll:

Well, we're not allowed to listen to any musical electronic device, even if class is pretty much over and there's no more work to be done. And you can only hacky-sack in a certain area during lunch :-k #-o

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

at my old school, we only got 10 minutes to eat lunch. That was stupid. And my parents wonder why i eat so fast :roll:
Go get your parents to go talk to the school board about it. My school has 45 minutes of lunch. <3:

...What?

25 minutes is amazing at my school, and that's lunch and social time combined...

~Rcty

Rcty

at my old school, we only got 10 minutes to eat lunch. That was stupid. And my parents wonder why i eat so fast :roll:
Go get your parents to go talk to the school board about it. My school has 45 minutes of lunch. <3:

...What?

25 minutes is amazing at my school, and that's lunch and social time combined...

~Rcty

With the amount of people that were at my school and the horrible organization, if you bought lunch it took 40 minutes just to buy and we had 45 minute lunches.

If they were any rules I disagreed with, I broke them and always eluded trouble (and sometimes got things changed) using this marvelous silver tongue of mine.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

You have a WHOLE WEEK to do it? In Finland, if you have the stomach flu, have broken your leg and faint every five minuites on the day of the finals test, YOU STILL HAVE TO GO.

The other stupid rules we have here is no hats inside school. -.-

C2b6gs7.png

Mine may be the worst.

For each class we have, we have 2 restroom/hall passes. We can use these once per QUARTER. For example, I go to the bathroom on Monday one day (rhyme omgomg!) and then the next Tuesday. Nope! Can't go any more these next 2 months! My gosh, we just have to pee. <.<

One good thing though is if we don't use them. They count as 10 extra credit points each at the end if the quarter. :P

You have a WHOLE WEEK to do it? In Finland, if you have the stomach flu, have broken your leg and faint every five minuites on the day of the finals test, YOU STILL HAVE TO GO.

What the !! What about if you broke your both arms? You can't write then you know :)

And we have "no hats in class" rule, but you can wear them when the class is over. It is pretty good rule, not dumb. Some hats have [bleep]es or something on it, soo... I think you get the point :)

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

Any minor offense in our school(not preparred for class, being tardy, being distuptive in class, small dress code violation(shirts untucked usually)) results in getting "the line."

You stand on the 3 point line in the basketball gym during our 15 minute break. Get the line 5 times and you get a Saturday detention(2 hours).

Also, you have to go to the line two days if you forget.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Any minor offense in our school(not preparred for class, being tardy, being distuptive in class, small dress code violation(shirts untucked usually)) results in getting "the line."

You stand on the 3 point line in the basketball gym during our 15 minute break. Get the line 5 times and you get a Saturday detention(2 hours).

Also, you have to go to the line two days if you forget.

Lol, my old grade school has that for recess. . . which ends in 6th grade.

p2gq.jpg

What the !! What about if you broke your both arms? You can't write then you know :)

And we have "no hats in class" rule, but you can wear them when the class is over. It is pretty good rule, not dumb. Some hats have [bleep]es or something on it, soo... I think you get the point :)

At my school if you can't write you get a scribe 8-)

I personally don't think hats pose a risk to my, or anyone else's, health. I think it's more a social convention and pomp than a rule that is for the good of mankind.

Not my old school, but there was a primary school which had the rule

"not allowed in a group of 3 more more, or you will be comsidered aa gang and punished"

Wtf?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

hmm lets see

• NO shirts that past your arms lenght.

No gloves(here in southern california where everyday is a sunny day)

If you were to be absent on a day of a test you fail and have to make it up after or before school.

No whistling(huh? :-w )

NJORTC members have these "SAFEGUARDS" (in otherswords if your in NJORTC and your late you use one of your 'SAFEGUARDS")

Lower class members are not allowed in the Senior garden(thats the only normal but weird rule your not allowed there even if its not lunch.)

No students in the copier room, Fax room etc. (even if you have a pass from a teacher)

Your are only allowed in the library if you get an orange pass from a teacher then must be stamp by the activities office(but by the time your done with all of that lunch is over <.< )

No teams on your shirts. (even school teams or colleges)

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

In my very first school, if you messed around in break you were sent to the "wall". Basically, you have to stand there, head against the wall, for up to an hour. Then everyone lined up next to it afterwards and they could all poke fun at the people there. Oh, and this was a year 4 and under school lol.

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

At my school if you can't write you get a scribe 8-)

Sorry, my English ain't that good. Can you explain what is "a scribe" ?

Someone who will write for you.

At my school you get given a teacher's laptop to write on.
sig5235ro7.jpg

They allow for the classroom PCs to be used for LAN gaming during lunch break and have purchased multiplayer games for this purpose, yet when students log onto the computer they have to agree to the "rules of use", one of which is that they won't use the PC for the purpose of playing computer games. Nobody would ever get in trouble for it, but authorised gamers are technically breaking the rules as written.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)