My opinion on RuneScape

NonRune

Well, this is my personal opinion about the game RuneScape. Many of you probably won't like it because it is against RuneScape but if you feel that way, just don't read it.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel much more popular in this virtual world since you can be a whole different person in this game and be better than many more people. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is bad because it just shows you have too much time in your life and you waste your life on soemthing like this. In this game you can easily feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me than a lot of time wasted on worthless stats on a game that has no productivity. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

Another thing is the outfits people wear. People will put on their best outfit/armor and walk around entirely for the purpose of trying to feel cool. They will high alc or something along with that and simply stand out of a group so people will look at them. I don't deny that looking good is important in the game, but its not something you do only to look good and try to show off.

If you go up to someone in RuneScape and need some help, need to borrow a tiny bit of money, or anything like that, I can almost guarantee you won't get anything. This game revolves 99% around money and it is the games one major downfall that has ruined it for sure. I cannot stress on this enough, if they changed how money was used in some way them autoers would stop since money wasn't needed as much, scammers would lessen, and much much more. If they make most items non-tradeable then this game would be improved by soooo much. I was curious how bad this really was so i go up to a level 30 doing free gem cutting and give him a sapphire and guess what he does.....LOGS OUT! pathetic, and I have done this multiple times just to be curious since i have 100 + gems and every single time it is the same thing. This brings me to my next point, bans and black marks.

Also, another reason I think you enjoy this game so much is because in real life you don't get as much attention you like and aren't much of a "leader", but when you sign onto this game you love all the attention you get from people that are lower levels than you and follow you. Yet again, I find this wrong since it is just a game and your just not happy enough with the real world. This doesn't apply to everyone though, but I know it does to a lot. People say they don't like being followed and getting all the attention from low levels but on the inside, it just makes you feel more powerful and keeps you playing.

I can almost guarantee to you that 40%+ people that play are under the age of 13. I look around and most people are trying to scam. I needed to buy some dragon bones....6 people were there.....they were all lvl 3.....i trade and of course they switch them with big bones. This game revolves WAY too much around money.

On the RuneScape forums, there are hundreds of people that make fake drop parties, say they are buying an item just to scam, and many other things. I made a rant on the RuneScape forums and it got banned within seconds even though in bold i clearly asked if a forum moderator is going to lock this, please just tell me what to remove and I will be glad to edit it. But instead it gets locked, post removed, and why do you think he locked it....because I made the game look bad and said the word "scammer" once in it. I didn't even go into the scamming topic, i juts used the word scammer in a sentence.

Also, when I look around in this game, every single person uses "leet" speak such as..."lol, lolz, roflx, kk, pwned, and way more". I can understand using "lol, rofl, brb" and those, but people make them sound gay. Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend.

This game is getting more and more simplified also. Everything in the game is basically at a second grade level. No thinking is required and nothing takes more skill than clicking food if your health is low or , but common sense comes into play there. I just think they need to non-stupidify this game if they want to keep it away from younger people but they are making a lot of money from the young so they could really care less.

Jagex claims they are doing what they can to stop autoers, scammers, and all of that but THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. They might ban an account or 2, but what stops people from making a new account to continue what they are doing....NOTHING. Autoers make account after account to do what they do and lose nothing but worthless pack mule characters. Same with scammers, they will do a scam, transfer the stuff, get banned, and guess what....OH NO they lost a worthless level 3 character! I understand sometimes the main is banned but too rarely to count. If Jagex wants to do anything, they should limit the amount of accounts that can be made or do IP bans or something because at the moment that aren't doing anything to help, they are just making people madder and making them want to scam more.

Since I am used to the game "World of Warcraft", RuneScape cannot come close to matching it in any way at all. I know most of you think now "$15 is too much" yet I bet all of you would pay that much if you had to or a lot of you have more than 1 members account. When you compare a game like World of Warcraft to RuneScape, there is no competition. Games now a days are evolving yet RuneScape is just staying the same bad graphics Java game which is getting more and more basic. I don't know how games like RuneScape are so popular when games like WoW(World of Warcraft) are around. Graphics are perfect, more freedom, it takes still, money barely matters, very friendly community that is always glad to help and lend money if needed, and much more. I am not trying to get you to play WoW though, i am just saying that RuneScape is just a Java game when other games now a days are much much more advanced.

So I wanna know why you play. Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?

This was typed up quickly so it is only some of my thoughts. If i had more time, i would easily be able to talk about loads more, but this is good for now.

Please don't get this wrong, I am not trying to be mean, sound mean, or anything along those lines. I am just giving my opinion about this game and wanna hear why you play.

So how much of this do you agree with or disagree with?

If there is anything against the rules or you want removed, please just tell me and I will be glad to remove it, please warn me though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have anything better do to with your time than to write so much trash. I didn't even get past the 2nd paragraph.

Good luck to you and hope you find better use of your time.

Nope, I just wanted to see what people would have to say about some of these. I'd love to hear why you play RuneScape.

Don't you have anything better do to with your time than to write so much trash. I didn't even get past the 2nd paragraph.

he has many valid points. i agree with him on a lot of what he says. But i will answer him. the ONLY reason i still play runescape is that i cannot load any other game on my computer. y parents do not allow it. they pay for members otherwise i wouldnt play period.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

he has many valid points. i agree with him on a lot of what he says. But i will answer him. the ONLY reason i still play runescape is that i cannot load any other game on my computer. y parents do not allow it. they pay for members otherwise i wouldnt play period.

I will agree that a big reason that a lot of people play is because it requires no installing and stuff which is great, but if it did need downloads, installing, and updates that needed to be downloaded, almost no-one would play. This game is just so easy to access on almost any computer which is why it is open to almost everyone. Still games that require downloads are much more fun and have much more in them.

So your saying RuneScape sucks? Why join a RuneScape related fourm just to tell us this?

Because my thread on the real RuneScape forums got locked and im curious why you people play when there are so many flaws in the game and when there are so many other better games out there? Im not trying to be offensive, im juts giving my opinion and want your thoughts.

So your saying RuneScape sucks? Why join a RuneScape related fourm just to tell us this?

Because my thread on the real RuneScape forums got locked and im curious why you people play when there are so many flaws in the game and when there are so many other better games out there? Im not trying to be offensive, im juts giving my opinion and want your thoughts.

Stop being curious....curiously killed the cat.

We play because we all have something in runescape which is good. Have you play WoW's quest? They all suck. RuneScape has stories and plots behind them. FINE here's my opinion. The quests ok?

EVERYONE wants attention........

Thats basically humans for you.

We play to have fun and relax

So what if we have free time whatv are we supposed to do work?

You obviously don't have fun or else you wouldn't post this.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You say Runescapers have too much time, because they're losers, yet you can find time to write and essay on the subject.

You say all players are nerds, yet you play WoW. :-s

You must be classified as a Runescape player, aka a nerd, because from what I gathered from your post, you have been playing a fair while.

untitled-1.png

Hello, welcome to tipit.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel "popular" in this virtual world since they are better then other people and they get more attention. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is pathetic because it just shows you have too much spare time in your life, feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me other than how much of a loser you are, I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

See, thing about runescape is that it's an rpg, which means that nothing requires skill, just time and patience. Show me one true, turn-based mmorpg that doesn't require some level grinding and I'll show you an unsuccessful game. When I look at somebody with a 99, I think "oh wow, they must have spent a lot of time and effort on that, and only because they have patience and determination I don't." Think about it, the day you get a high level, would you look at yourself and say "wow, I should have done something better all this time"?

Another thing is the outfits people wear. People will put on their best outfit/armor and walk around entirely for the purpose of trying to feel cool. They will high alc or something along with that and simply stand out of a group so people will look at them. I don't deny that looking good is important in the game, but its not something you do only to look good and try to show off.

Ridiculous. So you're saying that after spending hours and hours on a game, we are not allowed to show it off? Forget looking good, forget doing the smart thing, it's about the ego, showing that we, are in fact better than other players in yet another way. It adds to the competition in the game, making the MMO part of an mmorpg.

And I'll assume you've never worn a good brand name clothing in your life.

Also, another reason I think you enjoy this game so much is because in real life you don't get as much attention you like and aren't much of a "leader", but when you sign onto this game you love all the attention you get from people that are lower levels than you and follow you. Yet again, I find this wrong since it is just a game and your just not happy enough with the real world. This doesn't apply to everyone though, but I know it does to a lot. People say they don't like being followed and getting all the attention from low levels but on the inside, it just makes you feel more powerful and keeps you playing.

Yeah, winning is fun. A game wouldn't be a game if you couldn't be a winner. Does that give you the right to mock those who are better than you in the game? Absolutely not, whatever happens to those people are not your business, and you, I assume young, are in NO PLACE to judge others like that. Wrong or not, it's their problem not yours, don't worry about it.

I can almost guarantee to you that 40%+ people that play are under the age of 13. I look around and most people are trying to scam. I needed to buy some dragon bones....6 people were there.....they were all lvl 3.....i trade and of course they switch them with big bones. This game revolves WAY too much around money.

Perhaps, the game is aimed at young people. It so happens young people are not always mature. And that one isolated incident hardly counts as proof that 40% of runescape is under 13.

On the RuneScape forums, there are hundreds of people that make fake drop parties, say they are buying an item just to scam, and many other things. I made a rant on the RuneScape forums and it got banned within seconds even though in bold i clearly asked if a forum moderator is going to lock this, please just tell me what to remove and I will be glad to edit it. But instead it gets locked, post removed, and why do you think he locked it....because I made the game look bad and said the word "scammer" once in it. I didn't even go into the scamming topic, i juts used the word scammer in a sentence.

Scammers are idiotic morons who desire nothing more than sheer virtual profit despite the fact that it provides little entertainment at all. Don't mistake it with all runescape players, or anybody except scammers themselves.

Also, when I look around in this game, every single person uses "leet" speak such as..."lol, lolz, roflx, kk, pwned, and way more". I can understand using "lol, rofl, brb" and those, but people make them sound gay. Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend.

Nobody uses leetspeak. Nobody. It's a stereotype that characterizes annoying players. What you just wrote is NOT leetspeak, its chatspeak. And it is used mainly to save time typing. Everybody uses it at least once, even you. And as for the people who spam it and do stupid things, you just saw a few of the immature people in runescape. It so happens the real world is filled with them too, go out and look.

This game is getting more and more simplified also. Everything in the game is basically at a second grade level. No thinking is required and nothing takes more skill than clicking food if your health is low or , but common sense comes into play there. I just think they need to non-stupidify this game if they want to keep it away from younger people but they are making a lot of money from the young so they could really care less.

EDIT: Woops, I skipped this.

Runescape is a game geared to a young audience, and Jagex tries its best to reduce the learning curve. I bet new players would find that many things are helpful to them because they're easy. As for difficulty, look around. Many quests require thinking, many places are much more complex than the basic tenets of combat, etc. And if you think there's nothing more to fighting than eating food, you wouldn't last long in PvP. There is more than the fair share of difficulty in runescape, you have to stop ignoring it and looking at all the easy parts only.

If you go up to someone in RuneScape and need some help, need to borrow a tiny bit of money, or anything like that, I can almost guarantee you won't get anything. This game revolves 99% around money and it is the games one major downfall that has ruined it for sure. I cannot stress on this enough, if they changed how money was used in some way them autoers would stop since money wasn't needed as much, scammers would lessen, and much much more. If they make most items non-tradeable then this game would be improved by soooo much. I was curious how bad this really was so i go up to a level 30 doing free gem cutting and give him a sapphire and guess what he does.....LOGS OUT! pathetic, and I have done this multiple times just to be curious since i have 100 + gems and every single time it is the same thing. This brings me to my next point, bans and black marks.

Did you just suggest removing trading from the game? That is a terrible idea, I hope you realize it. The game revolves around trading, so does the real world. Why don't you walk up to a random person in the street and ask for a buck? Getting rid of trading and money would eliminate autoers and everybody else who plays the game.

And if it isn't obvious, you don't trust low levels as much. They have less to lose, and I'm sure you know all this. If you find a dozen or so high levels who do it, then I'll be amazed and accept that runescape is corrupted. Until then, bad example.

Jagex claims they are doing what they can to stop autoers, scammers, and all of that but THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. They might ban an account or 2, but what stops people from making a new account to continue what they are doing....NOTHING. Autoers make account after account to do what they do and lose nothing but worthless pack mule characters. Same with scammers, they will do a scam, transfer the stuff, get banned, and guess what....OH NO they lost a worthless level 3 character! I understand sometimes the main is banned but too rarely to count. If Jagex wants to do anything, they should limit the amount of accounts that can be made or do IP bans or something because at the moment that aren't doing anything to help, they are just making people madder and making them want to scam more.

They do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to stop it, short of making all runescape members. Guess what? It's not working, but at least they're trying. And how about you? Do you report or send in lists of autoers to jagex? I would assume not, with that attitude.

Short of mass IP banning, how do you resolve we stop scamming? The day you find out, the day you tell jagex.

Since I am used to the game "World of Warcraft", RuneScape cannot come close to matching it in any way at all. I know most of you think now "$15 is too much" yet I bet all of you would pay that much if you had to or a lot of you have more than 1 members account. When you compare a game like World of Warcraft to RuneScape, there is no competition. Games now a days are evolving yet RuneScape is just staying the same bad graphics Java game which is getting more and more basic. I don't know how games like RuneScape are so popular when games like WoW(World of Warcraft) are around. Graphics are perfect, more freedom, it takes still, money barely matters, very friendly community that is always glad to help and lend money if needed, and much more. I am not trying to get you to play WoW though, i am just saying that RuneScape is just a Java game when other games now a days are much much more advanced.

No, you underestimate what people can do with a little creativity, and in this case, Java. Jagex accomplished what Blizzard did with a fraction in time and cost. Granted, Blizzard is a better gamemaker company than Jagex, but it doesn't mean runescape is bad. How many times must people hear "graphics aren't everything"? Runescape rivals WoW in gameplay and game mechanics. Money barely matters in WoW because it is ONLY PvP. How can you call runescape "basic" when WoW has such a meager economy? If anything WoW has outdated graphics (for its potential), it is has severe limitations in certain aspects, and yes, it's days are numbered, just like every other game out there. And what is bad about being simple. Don't you know that is runescape's biggest success is its simplicity? Anybody can play it, anywhere, for free.

NOTE:WoW, is a better game than runescape, I agree. I just disagree with your statement that "runescape is completely useless and WoW is godly". Oh, and your statements are hypocritical and somewhat contradictory, since you talked before about how people devote their lives to videogames. WoW has a lot more of those.

So I wanna know why you play. Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?

This was typed up quickly so it is only some of my thoughts. If i had more time, i would easily be able to talk about loads more, but this is good for now.

Please don't get this wrong, I am not trying to be mean, sound mean, or anything along those lines. I am just giving my opinion about this game and wanna hear why you play.

Sorry if I came on a bit hard, but it had to be said. You heard my reasons, your thoughts on runescape are your own still.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

OMG u noob go eat poopy noob face u stipid :evil: :evil:

you're kind of supporting part of his argument by saying that. #-o

i play runescape because:

- it's easy to access

- i can't afford to pay

- even if i do end up paying, i don't play enough for it to be worth it.

In order for your thread on the official runescape forums to have been locked that would have to mean that you are a member.

And the way I see it in that case is why the hell are you paying for a game that is so aweful?

Please come up with the pitiful line or something where you try to discredit what I have just said by saying something along the lines of:

"O, well I have already quit runescape now, and I was just posting since I have some extra days of membership left."

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

my comment are in bold

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". try playing castle wars, most people find that very fun. When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. you must be a very low level, but it takes a lot of skill to beat fight caves, the kalafight queen, king black dragon, god wars dunjeon, just to name a few The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel "popular" in this virtual world since they are better then other people and they get more attention. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is pathetic because it just shows you have too much spare time in your life, feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me other than how much of a loser you are, I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion. I think it shows that you must be very smart and organized to have finished all your homework or whatever and still be a high lv in game

Another thing is the outfits people wear. People will put on their best outfit/armor and walk around entirely for the purpose of trying to feel cool. They will high alc or something along with that and simply stand out of a group so people will look at them. I don't deny that looking good is important in the game, but its not something you do only to look good and try to show off. why not show off? you spent the time and the effort, you deserve to be able to show off if you want

Also, another reason I think you enjoy this game so much is because in real life you don't get as much attention you like and aren't much of a "leader", but when you sign onto this game you love all the attention you get from people that are lower levels than you and follow you. most people hate it when people follow them, and i know many popular people in my school who play runescape. some highly respected adults to... Yet again, I find this wrong since it is just a game and your just not happy enough with the real world. im happy with the real world, and i know most people that play are too This doesn't apply to everyone though, but I know it does to a lot. People say they don't like being followed and getting all the attention from low levels but on the inside, it just makes you feel more powerful and keeps you playing.

I can almost guarantee to you that 40%+ people that play are under the age of 13. I remeber a poll a while ago that cared to differ. more like 10% is under 13 i think I look around and most people are trying to scam. most people? i know for a fact thats a lie. only like 20 people MAX out of all the ones in world 2 are scammers I needed to buy some dragon bones....6 people were there.....they were all lvl 3.....i trade and of course they switch them with big bones. This game revolves WAY too much around money.

On the RuneScape forums, there are hundreds of people that make fake drop parties, say they are buying an item just to scam, and many other things. i dont know anything about drop partys, but i buy stuff off the forums all the time and iv never met a scammer I made a rant on the RuneScape forums and it got banned within seconds even though in bold i clearly asked if a forum moderator is going to lock this, please just tell me what to remove and I will be glad to edit it. But instead it gets locked, post removed, and why do you think he locked it....because I made the game look bad and said the word "scammer" once in it. I didn't even go into the scamming topic, i juts used the word scammer in a sentence. it probably had nothing to do with anything once the bad stuff was taken out

Also, when I look around in this game, every single person uses "leet" speak such as..."lol, lolz, roflx, kk, pwned, and way more". I can understand using "lol, rofl, brb" and those, but people make them sound gay. so they dont want to spend a min to type something that they can type in 10 seconds, big deal! plus I know many people who don't use leet at all. people use it all over the internet, not just runescape, so your pretty much saying the internet is gay Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend. omg... do you seriously think people do that to look cool? cause thats just the sadest thing ever... its just to keep track of someone and be able to see both characters from all angles.

This game is getting more and more simplified also. Everything in the game is basically at a second grade level. No thinking is required and nothing takes more skill than clicking food if your health is low or , but common sense comes into play there. I just think they need to non-stupidify this game if they want to keep it away from younger people but they are making a lot of money from the young so they could really care less.a second grader could never achieve at this game, not to mention have enough skill to finish fight caves, god wars dunjeon or dagonoths

If you go up to someone in RuneScape and need some help, need to borrow a tiny bit of money, or anything like that, I can almost guarantee you won't get anything. This game revolves 99% around money and it is the games one major downfall that has ruined it for sure. I cannot stress on this enough, if they changed how money was used in some way them autoers would stop since money wasn't needed as much, scammers would lessen, and much much more. If they make most items non-tradeable then this game would be improved by soooo much. I was curious how bad this really was so i go up to a level 30 doing free gem cutting and give him a sapphire and guess what he does.....LOGS OUT! pathetic, and I have done this multiple times just to be curious since i have 100 + gems and every single time it is the same thing. This brings me to my next point, bans and black marks.yes, there are scamming noobs in runescape, but they're in every other game too, and in real life.

Jagex claims they are doing what they can to stop autoers, scammers, and all of that but THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. they ban 1000+ people a week They might ban an account or 2, but what stops people from making a new account to continue what they are doing....NOTHING. Autoers make account after account to do what they do and lose nothing but worthless pack mule characters. Same with scammers, they will do a scam, transfer the stuff, get banned, and guess what....OH NO they lost a worthless level 3 character! jagex can ban the account the scammer traded to I understand sometimes the main is banned but too rarely to count.how do you know that? If Jagex wants to do anything, they should limit the amount of accounts that can be made or do IP bans IP bans don;t do any good, the person can change it or it automaticaly changes every time they get on. or something because at the moment that aren't doing anything to help, they are just making people madder and making them want to scam more.

Since I am used to the game "World of Warcraft", RuneScape cannot come close to matching it in any way at all. I know most of you think now "$15 is too much" yet I bet all of you would pay that much if you had to or a lot of you have more than 1 members account. When you compare a game like World of Warcraft to RuneScape, there is no competition. Games now a days are evolving yet RuneScape is just staying the same bad graphics Java game which is getting more and more basic. grafics have been improving incredibly, just look at the kalafight queen and gwd, and thats only the best of the tons of improvments they've done I don't know how games like RuneScape are so popular when games like WoW(World of Warcraft) are around.you must not have played runescape long enough or right enough to know how good it can be. Graphics are perfect, more freedom, it takes still, money barely matters, very friendly community that is always glad to help and lend money if needed, and much more. I am not trying to get you to play WoW though, i am just saying that RuneScape is just a Java game when other games now a days are much much more advanced.

So I wanna know why you play. Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?I play because i find it chalenging, and i like how much you can improve over time. and it really cheap. and it gets updates more than every week

Please don't get this wrong, I am not trying to be mean, sound mean, or anything along those lines.oh yes, calling over a million people losers isnt mean at all I am just giving my opinion about this game and wanna hear why you play.

So how much of this do you agree with or disagree with?i completly disagree with you

If there is anything against the rules or you want removed, please just tell me and I will be glad to remove it, please warn me though.

most of your points had no evedence, so yea...

Snake

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

You pay for member but you hate this game? :lol: (you need to be a member to post on the official forum)

I play because i think the game is fun and relaxing,just like everybody else that play MMORPG i think?

I think its pathetic how some gamer like you have to complain about ppl playing other game,you dont see what is so fun about Runescape...well i dont see what is so fun about World of Warcraft :-s

For some reason its always ppl coming from that game that come here to show off...hell i barely played WoW but i can already say that the community really suck

Stephleref.png

I have a members account but my parents pay for it.

And at snake6man LOL.......

Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend. omg... do you seriously think people do that to look cool? cause thats just the sadest thing ever... its just to keep track of someone and be able to see both characters from all angles.

I can see many of you don't like what I posted but I didn't expect you to really. And since i posted something that made RuneScape look bad, now your trying to make me look bad but I'm not changing my mind.

I play runescape because I find it fun.

Not because I'm addicted to it and I need it. I'm far from addicted to it.

Not because I'm seeking attention that I'm lacking in real life. I don't have an excess of attention nor the lack of it.

Not because I don't have real life friends to hang out with. I have many extremely strong bonds with many people.

Not because I have real life friends that play runescape. Not one of my friends play this game.

This game is unlike any other game I have played. What you may dislike about the game is what I actually happen to enjoy. I do agree with you on a few points though. The level of intelligence and maturity is far below that of other games. I can easily ignore that though.

I hope this thread does not turn into a flame fest. You have many valid opinions it would be disappointing if this became locked.

I can see many of you don't like what I posted but I didn't expect you to really. And since i posted something that made RuneScape look bad, now your trying to make me look bad but I'm not changing my mind.

It wouldn't take somebody long to figure out that everybody here is insulted by you calling them losers. Yes, we're trying to prove you wrong and make you look bad, anything short would be accepting all that nonsense you spouted as plausible. And the fact that you're apparently close-minded in this discussion makes the whole thing pointless. I won't say 'ignorance is bliss', since I won't call you ignorant, but just get your thoughts straight.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

The only actual flaw here is you.

Also, if you can say I waste my life on a pointless game, I can say you just wasted part of yours slinging negativity throughout forums which you KNOW aren't going to support you after you have just slandered them.

Lastly, I spend my free time on this game. Currently I am enrolled at one of the best, if not THE best musical theatre schools in the country. So don't try to tell me I fail at life and I play Runescape because it's the only thing I am good at. I am liked by most everyone I meet and am constantly involved in theatre.

So stop being a moron and go decide who you are based on what you do, rather than millions of people who you have never, and probably won't ever, meet in your lifetime.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

You want to know why I like playing Runescape? Well it's very simple-

A) I enjoy the complex PvP system, and if you really bothered to attempt to PK someone, you'd know it's more that just a 'click-fest'.

B) I enjoy the intense community. Yes, I understand there are people who are immature and people who scam, but for every one of those you can find at least one player whose fun to hang out with.

C) The simple fact it gets updated every week.

D) The quests. Don't even begin to tell me that WoW has better quests. (When I tried to play it for the free trial, all the quest I did went something like this- "Kill X amount of _____ to feed/save/protect the ______.' Is that a quest? No! It has no plot whatsoever compared to many Runescape quests.(Plauge city, Mornings End, Murder Mystery, ect.) and takes hardly any real skill at all.

E) When you say that runescape takes no skill, everything just 'click, wand, wait', what would you call WoW then? All you do is turn your character and hit the space bar a couple of times! Wow, what a HUGE difference. :roll:

F) The graphics. I know that everyone seems to hate then for some reason, but I ike then alot. Why? They're different and unique from other Fantasy MMORGS. You could hardly say the same about WoW, it looks just like Everquest, which looks just like Oblivion, which looks like Fable! Everything just copies of the other one trying to have 'good' and 'realistic' graphics. (i.e graphics that appeal to teenage boys. Have you ever really seen a picture of a female character in WoW *shudders*? How the hell is that 'true to real life'? If fact, I find such graphical displays extremely misogynistic and offensive.)

And to you, every Runescape player is a 'nerd without a life or girlfriend'. What would you call all the masses of people who play WoW? Have you even bothered to think about the stereotype? (i.e Have you seen the one South Park episode 'Make Love not Warcraft'? -.- :roll: )

WoW isn't really that good of a game. Yes, I have tried playing it, and I like Runescape better. Should I be hanged for my opinions? Ill leave that up to you. :roll:

Bottom line- WoW = dumb game that you have to pay 15$ for, not to mention download( Who knows how many possible viruses it may contain?)

Runescape = Easily accessible game that won't give me viruses and worms, and only costs exactly how much the game is worth.(i.e, 5$ a month.)

End of story. -.- :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

you say that revolving around money will be the downfall of runescape...then you might as well go kill yourself now cause the world revolves around money too...does that mean the world is gonna crash and burn? tell me a MMORPG that does not revolve around money...for all the other online games which ive played, ive yet to encounter one which does not involve money for goodness sake...without money we would have reverted to the INEFFICIENT barter trade. maplestory, granado espada, WoW all revolve around money too in case you didnt know.

you mentioned that getting a high lvl in a particular skill means nothing to you than a waste of time. well to me it means a certain character which has been instilled in the player...TIME is not the only thing which you need to get that 99. im sure n0valyfe played a lot less than many other ppl but the fact that he managed to achieve 1st (for a brief moment) in the hiscores show that time isnt all that is needed to achieve 99 in a skill...one requires patience and perseverance as well dude...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png