My opinion on RuneScape

NonRune

Thank you for posting your opinion, but it has been rejected. Unfortunately, the sheer size of your post promises spam. I didn't get past the second word.

Even if his post is something you may not agree with, telling us that you didn't bother to read the whole thing shows you know nothing of what you're talking about and are being ignorant.

You can't write a review on a book that you didn't even read. This is no different.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I certainly didn't like some of the changes RS has gone through, but work was getting in the way so I had to retire. Keep in mind that I haven't lvled any stats since the Summer of '06, I would probably be lvl 124 if I was still playing but I just found RS boring after a while. Though I do agree with your opinion TC.

Heh...you know, runescape does take patience to play. Having a 99 skill is very prestigious...

I think of runescape as a hobby, not an obsession, that you have stereotyped every runescape player has having. Sure a lot of people no life...but they will eventually realize that there are more important things in life besides runescape that they need to do. They should keep runescape as a hobby for weekends or something, like i do. I really think runescape teaches diligence, because in order to be any good at the game, you need it.

And for the graphics, did you know that Runescape has REALLY good graphics for a java based game? Sure WOW and other games have better graphics, but i dont play games based on their graphics...which everybody does...i play based on the game play and story lines(quests).

The_mage173.gif

The_mage173.png

Since I am used to the game "World of Warcraft", RuneScape cannot come close to matching it in any way at all. I know most of you think now "$15 is too much" yet I bet all of you would pay that much if you had to or a lot of you have more than 1 members account. When you compare a game like World of Warcraft to RuneScape, there is no competition. Games now a days are evolving yet RuneScape is just staying the same bad graphics Java game which is getting more and more basic. I don't know how games like RuneScape are so popular when games like WoW(World of Warcraft) are around. Graphics are perfect, more freedom, it takes still, money barely matters, very friendly community that is always glad to help and lend money if needed, and much more. I am not trying to get you to play WoW though, i am just saying that RuneScape is just a Java game when other games now a days are much much more advanced.

Hope I quoted this right...anyway's, I just quoted (or attempted) to quote that to say this: No rpg's take skill (even that game, sorry...just make a rogue, no skill required). And people who say he might not have evidence...ya i'm pretty sure he doesn't, but you don't need evidence to make it true. Well anyway's, don't waste your time next time posting something on a forum of a game you hate.

Hello, welcome to tipit.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel "popular" in this virtual world since they are better then other people and they get more attention. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is pathetic because it just shows you have too much spare time in your life, feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me other than how much of a loser you are, I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

See, thing about runescape is that it's an rpg, which means that nothing requires skill, just time and patience. Show me one true, turn-based mmorpg that doesn't require some level grinding and I'll show you an unsuccessful game. When I look at somebody with a 99, I think "oh wow, they must have spent a lot of time and effort on that, and only because they have patience and determination I don't." Think about it, the day you get a high level, would you look at yourself and say "wow, I should have done something better all this time"?

Another thing is the outfits people wear. People will put on their best outfit/armor and walk around entirely for the purpose of trying to feel cool. They will high alc or something along with that and simply stand out of a group so people will look at them. I don't deny that looking good is important in the game, but its not something you do only to look good and try to show off.

Ridiculous. So you're saying that after spending hours and hours on a game, we are not allowed to show it off? Forget looking good, forget doing the smart thing, it's about the ego, showing that we, are in fact better than other players in yet another way. It adds to the competition in the game, making the MMO part of an mmorpg.

And I'll assume you've never worn a good brand name clothing in your life.

Also, another reason I think you enjoy this game so much is because in real life you don't get as much attention you like and aren't much of a "leader", but when you sign onto this game you love all the attention you get from people that are lower levels than you and follow you. Yet again, I find this wrong since it is just a game and your just not happy enough with the real world. This doesn't apply to everyone though, but I know it does to a lot. People say they don't like being followed and getting all the attention from low levels but on the inside, it just makes you feel more powerful and keeps you playing.

Yeah, winning is fun. A game wouldn't be a game if you couldn't be a winner. Does that give you the right to mock those who are better than you in the game? Absolutely not, whatever happens to those people are not your business, and you, I assume young, are in NO PLACE to judge others like that. Wrong or not, it's their problem not yours, don't worry about it.

I can almost guarantee to you that 40%+ people that play are under the age of 13. I look around and most people are trying to scam. I needed to buy some dragon bones....6 people were there.....they were all lvl 3.....i trade and of course they switch them with big bones. This game revolves WAY too much around money.

Perhaps, the game is aimed at young people. It so happens young people are not always mature. And that one isolated incident hardly counts as proof that 40% of runescape is under 13.

On the RuneScape forums, there are hundreds of people that make fake drop parties, say they are buying an item just to scam, and many other things. I made a rant on the RuneScape forums and it got banned within seconds even though in bold i clearly asked if a forum moderator is going to lock this, please just tell me what to remove and I will be glad to edit it. But instead it gets locked, post removed, and why do you think he locked it....because I made the game look bad and said the word "scammer" once in it. I didn't even go into the scamming topic, i juts used the word scammer in a sentence.

Scammers are idiotic morons who desire nothing more than sheer virtual profit despite the fact that it provides little entertainment at all. Don't mistake it with all runescape players, or anybody except scammers themselves.

Also, when I look around in this game, every single person uses "leet" speak such as..."lol, lolz, roflx, kk, pwned, and way more". I can understand using "lol, rofl, brb" and those, but people make them sound gay. Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend.

Nobody uses leetspeak. Nobody. It's a stereotype that characterizes annoying players. What you just wrote is NOT leetspeak, its chatspeak. And it is used mainly to save time typing. Everybody uses it at least once, even you. And as for the people who spam it and do stupid things, you just saw a few of the immature people in runescape. It so happens the real world is filled with them too, go out and look.

This game is getting more and more simplified also. Everything in the game is basically at a second grade level. No thinking is required and nothing takes more skill than clicking food if your health is low or , but common sense comes into play there. I just think they need to non-stupidify this game if they want to keep it away from younger people but they are making a lot of money from the young so they could really care less.

EDIT: Woops, I skipped this.

Runescape is a game geared to a young audience, and Jagex tries its best to reduce the learning curve. I bet new players would find that many things are helpful to them because they're easy. As for difficulty, look around. Many quests require thinking, many places are much more complex than the basic tenets of combat, etc. And if you think there's nothing more to fighting than eating food, you wouldn't last long in PvP. There is more than the fair share of difficulty in runescape, you have to stop ignoring it and looking at all the easy parts only.

If you go up to someone in RuneScape and need some help, need to borrow a tiny bit of money, or anything like that, I can almost guarantee you won't get anything. This game revolves 99% around money and it is the games one major downfall that has ruined it for sure. I cannot stress on this enough, if they changed how money was used in some way them autoers would stop since money wasn't needed as much, scammers would lessen, and much much more. If they make most items non-tradeable then this game would be improved by soooo much. I was curious how bad this really was so i go up to a level 30 doing free gem cutting and give him a sapphire and guess what he does.....LOGS OUT! pathetic, and I have done this multiple times just to be curious since i have 100 + gems and every single time it is the same thing. This brings me to my next point, bans and black marks.

Did you just suggest removing trading from the game? That is a terrible idea, I hope you realize it. The game revolves around trading, so does the real world. Why don't you walk up to a random person in the street and ask for a buck? Getting rid of trading and money would eliminate autoers and everybody else who plays the game.

And if it isn't obvious, you don't trust low levels as much. They have less to lose, and I'm sure you know all this. If you find a dozen or so high levels who do it, then I'll be amazed and accept that runescape is corrupted. Until then, bad example.

Jagex claims they are doing what they can to stop autoers, scammers, and all of that but THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. They might ban an account or 2, but what stops people from making a new account to continue what they are doing....NOTHING. Autoers make account after account to do what they do and lose nothing but worthless pack mule characters. Same with scammers, they will do a scam, transfer the stuff, get banned, and guess what....OH NO they lost a worthless level 3 character! I understand sometimes the main is banned but too rarely to count. If Jagex wants to do anything, they should limit the amount of accounts that can be made or do IP bans or something because at the moment that aren't doing anything to help, they are just making people madder and making them want to scam more.

They do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to stop it, short of making all runescape members. Guess what? It's not working, but at least they're trying. And how about you? Do you report or send in lists of autoers to jagex? I would assume not, with that attitude.

Short of mass IP banning, how do you resolve we stop scamming? The day you find out, the day you tell jagex.

Since I am used to the game "World of Warcraft", RuneScape cannot come close to matching it in any way at all. I know most of you think now "$15 is too much" yet I bet all of you would pay that much if you had to or a lot of you have more than 1 members account. When you compare a game like World of Warcraft to RuneScape, there is no competition. Games now a days are evolving yet RuneScape is just staying the same bad graphics Java game which is getting more and more basic. I don't know how games like RuneScape are so popular when games like WoW(World of Warcraft) are around. Graphics are perfect, more freedom, it takes still, money barely matters, very friendly community that is always glad to help and lend money if needed, and much more. I am not trying to get you to play WoW though, i am just saying that RuneScape is just a Java game when other games now a days are much much more advanced.

No, you underestimate what people can do with a little creativity, and in this case, Java. Jagex accomplished what Blizzard did with a fraction in time and cost. Granted, Blizzard is a better gamemaker company than Jagex, but it doesn't mean runescape is bad. How many times must people hear "graphics aren't everything"? Runescape rivals WoW in gameplay and game mechanics. Money barely matters in WoW because it is ONLY PvP. How can you call runescape "basic" when WoW has such a meager economy? If anything WoW has outdated graphics (for its potential), it is has severe limitations in certain aspects, and yes, it's days are numbered, just like every other game out there. And what is bad about being simple. Don't you know that is runescape's biggest success is its simplicity? Anybody can play it, anywhere, for free.

NOTE:WoW, is a better game than runescape, I agree. I just disagree with your statement that "runescape is completely useless and WoW is godly". Oh, and your statements are hypocritical and somewhat contradictory, since you talked before about how people devote their lives to videogames. WoW has a lot more of those.

So I wanna know why you play. Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?

This was typed up quickly so it is only some of my thoughts. If i had more time, i would easily be able to talk about loads more, but this is good for now.

Please don't get this wrong, I am not trying to be mean, sound mean, or anything along those lines. I am just giving my opinion about this game and wanna hear why you play.

Sorry if I came on a bit hard, but it had to be said. You heard my reasons, your thoughts on runescape are your own still.

I was going to write a long response, but I see you've already done that for me.

I just have one thing to add.

How can you say that we Runescaper's have no life when you pay $15 dollars a month for a game when you can easily spend it on something not pixel related?

diabl0_915.png

Well; we have another me on the forums :D.

well... the levels part, it shows patience and determination, even though it's a lot of garbage to use that time on games, it's still a sort of "practicing" for real life

-- outfits are outfits, that's what half of any game's market is based on

-- it's fun, just a game man

-- and Jagex is doing stuff about the macros, they're trying to get ways to block the ip address and only allow one chance to make a new account; but look, the macros can just make new computers.. duh so it's almost impossible no matter what

-- and money is very important to a company, gaming or not. If you owned a company, what would you do? give services for free and lose a ton of money, go bankrupt and all? or at least have something and make some money while satisfying customers? I know some people don't appreciate what Jagex gives them, but they're just spoiled punks

-- leet speakers probably fail english in real life, so who cares, as long as you can speak regularly and in proper grammer, you're fine.

-- Simple and easy is awesome, I don't want to spend hours and hours trying to find out how to light a fire

-- Wow makes more money because it costs about 3-4x more to do anything than Jagex, Jagex at minimum gives a free service, but while Wow you must do everything, I'm not paying 100+ year for a stupid game, rather pay half of that

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

OMG u noob go eat poopy noob face u stipid :evil: :evil:

you're kind of supporting part of his argument by saying that. #-o

i play runescape because:

- it's easy to access

- i can't afford to pay

- even if i do end up paying, i don't play enough for it to be worth it.

I dont care, its all for teh lulz.

OMG U SUPID NOB LIEK Y U DO DAT? JOIN DIS FORUMZ AND LIEK DCLARE HAITE FOAR MUDKIPZ.

I play becuase i find it fun. I've tried WoW and found it to be an epic fail. :D

Theres my reason.

Hello, welcome to tipit.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel "popular" in this virtual world since they are better then other people and they get more attention. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is pathetic because it just shows you have too much spare time in your life, feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me other than how much of a loser you are, I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

See, thing about runescape is that it's an rpg, which means that nothing requires skill, just time and patience. Show me one true, turn-based mmorpg that doesn't require some level grinding and I'll show you an unsuccessful game. When I look at somebody with a 99, I think "oh wow, they must have spent a lot of time and effort on that, and only because they have patience and determination I don't." Think about it, the day you get a high level, would you look at yourself and say "wow, I should have done something better all this time"?

Another thing is the outfits people wear. People will put on their best outfit/armor and walk around entirely for the purpose of trying to feel cool. They will high alc or something along with that and simply stand out of a group so people will look at them. I don't deny that looking good is important in the game, but its not something you do only to look good and try to show off.

Ridiculous. So you're saying that after spending hours and hours on a game, we are not allowed to show it off? Forget looking good, forget doing the smart thing, it's about the ego, showing that we, are in fact better than other players in yet another way. It adds to the competition in the game, making the MMO part of an mmorpg.

And I'll assume you've never worn a good brand name clothing in your life.

Also, another reason I think you enjoy this game so much is because in real life you don't get as much attention you like and aren't much of a "leader", but when you sign onto this game you love all the attention you get from people that are lower levels than you and follow you. Yet again, I find this wrong since it is just a game and your just not happy enough with the real world. This doesn't apply to everyone though, but I know it does to a lot. People say they don't like being followed and getting all the attention from low levels but on the inside, it just makes you feel more powerful and keeps you playing.

Yeah, winning is fun. A game wouldn't be a game if you couldn't be a winner. Does that give you the right to mock those who are better than you in the game? Absolutely not, whatever happens to those people are not your business, and you, I assume young, are in NO PLACE to judge others like that. Wrong or not, it's their problem not yours, don't worry about it.

I can almost guarantee to you that 40%+ people that play are under the age of 13. I look around and most people are trying to scam. I needed to buy some dragon bones....6 people were there.....they were all lvl 3.....i trade and of course they switch them with big bones. This game revolves WAY too much around money.

Perhaps, the game is aimed at young people. It so happens young people are not always mature. And that one isolated incident hardly counts as proof that 40% of runescape is under 13.

On the RuneScape forums, there are hundreds of people that make fake drop parties, say they are buying an item just to scam, and many other things. I made a rant on the RuneScape forums and it got banned within seconds even though in bold i clearly asked if a forum moderator is going to lock this, please just tell me what to remove and I will be glad to edit it. But instead it gets locked, post removed, and why do you think he locked it....because I made the game look bad and said the word "scammer" once in it. I didn't even go into the scamming topic, i juts used the word scammer in a sentence.

Scammers are idiotic morons who desire nothing more than sheer virtual profit despite the fact that it provides little entertainment at all. Don't mistake it with all runescape players, or anybody except scammers themselves.

Also, when I look around in this game, every single person uses "leet" speak such as..."lol, lolz, roflx, kk, pwned, and way more". I can understand using "lol, rofl, brb" and those, but people make them sound gay. Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend.

Nobody uses leetspeak. Nobody. It's a stereotype that characterizes annoying players. What you just wrote is NOT leetspeak, its chatspeak. And it is used mainly to save time typing. Everybody uses it at least once, even you. And as for the people who spam it and do stupid things, you just saw a few of the immature people in runescape. It so happens the real world is filled with them too, go out and look.

This game is getting more and more simplified also. Everything in the game is basically at a second grade level. No thinking is required and nothing takes more skill than clicking food if your health is low or , but common sense comes into play there. I just think they need to non-stupidify this game if they want to keep it away from younger people but they are making a lot of money from the young so they could really care less.

EDIT: Woops, I skipped this.

Runescape is a game geared to a young audience, and Jagex tries its best to reduce the learning curve. I bet new players would find that many things are helpful to them because they're easy. As for difficulty, look around. Many quests require thinking, many places are much more complex than the basic tenets of combat, etc. And if you think there's nothing more to fighting than eating food, you wouldn't last long in PvP. There is more than the fair share of difficulty in runescape, you have to stop ignoring it and looking at all the easy parts only.

If you go up to someone in RuneScape and need some help, need to borrow a tiny bit of money, or anything like that, I can almost guarantee you won't get anything. This game revolves 99% around money and it is the games one major downfall that has ruined it for sure. I cannot stress on this enough, if they changed how money was used in some way them autoers would stop since money wasn't needed as much, scammers would lessen, and much much more. If they make most items non-tradeable then this game would be improved by soooo much. I was curious how bad this really was so i go up to a level 30 doing free gem cutting and give him a sapphire and guess what he does.....LOGS OUT! pathetic, and I have done this multiple times just to be curious since i have 100 + gems and every single time it is the same thing. This brings me to my next point, bans and black marks.

Did you just suggest removing trading from the game? That is a terrible idea, I hope you realize it. The game revolves around trading, so does the real world. Why don't you walk up to a random person in the street and ask for a buck? Getting rid of trading and money would eliminate autoers and everybody else who plays the game.

And if it isn't obvious, you don't trust low levels as much. They have less to lose, and I'm sure you know all this. If you find a dozen or so high levels who do it, then I'll be amazed and accept that runescape is corrupted. Until then, bad example.

Jagex claims they are doing what they can to stop autoers, scammers, and all of that but THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. They might ban an account or 2, but what stops people from making a new account to continue what they are doing....NOTHING. Autoers make account after account to do what they do and lose nothing but worthless pack mule characters. Same with scammers, they will do a scam, transfer the stuff, get banned, and guess what....OH NO they lost a worthless level 3 character! I understand sometimes the main is banned but too rarely to count. If Jagex wants to do anything, they should limit the amount of accounts that can be made or do IP bans or something because at the moment that aren't doing anything to help, they are just making people madder and making them want to scam more.

They do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to stop it, short of making all runescape members. Guess what? It's not working, but at least they're trying. And how about you? Do you report or send in lists of autoers to jagex? I would assume not, with that attitude.

Short of mass IP banning, how do you resolve we stop scamming? The day you find out, the day you tell jagex.

No, you underestimate what people can do with a little creativity, and in this case, Java. Jagex accomplished what Blizzard did with a fraction in time and cost. Granted, Blizzard is a better gamemaker company than Jagex, but it doesn't mean runescape is bad. How many times must people hear "graphics aren't everything"? Runescape rivals WoW in gameplay and game mechanics. Money barely matters in WoW because it is ONLY PvP. How can you call runescape "basic" when WoW has such a meager economy? If anything WoW has outdated graphics (for its potential), it is has severe limitations in certain aspects, and yes, it's days are numbered, just like every other game out there. And what is bad about being simple. Don't you know that is runescape's biggest success is its simplicity? Anybody can play it, anywhere, for free.

NOTE:WoW, is a better game than runescape, I agree. I just disagree with your statement that "runescape is completely useless and WoW is godly". Oh, and your statements are hypocritical and somewhat contradictory, since you talked before about how people devote their lives to videogames. WoW has a lot more of those.

So I wanna know why you play. Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?

This was typed up quickly so it is only some of my thoughts. If i had more time, i would easily be able to talk about loads more, but this is good for now.

Please don't get this wrong, I am not trying to be mean, sound mean, or anything along those lines. I am just giving my opinion about this game and wanna hear why you play.

Sorry if I came on a bit hard, but it had to be said. You heard my reasons, your thoughts on runescape are your own still.

You Sir, just got served.

outkast+r0se.png

me > samurai lux ;-) :ohnoes:

\:D/

10/10, and yes I would agree with that statement he is way to pompous.

^ May I sir, say for all the gaming community of the world, that you have just, and forever shall be, PWN3D

Yep, now he isn't replying because he got PWN3D so bad...

I agree with most responses to your awful thread nonrune, only thing I agree with you is the fact that some people go out of their way to try to show off (members in f2p worlds alching and calling people noobs) ...

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

NoRune, you're absolutely right. Lol, Runescape is so pathetic. Don't except much approval from the people here, they're runescape players after all. Post that on any mmorpg forum, and they will all agree with you. A lot of the people here don't know better than Runescape.

A) I enjoy the complex PvP system, and if you really bothered to attempt to PK someone, you'd know it's more that just a 'click-fest'.

I lol'ed. See what I mean when I say a lot of people here don't know better? xD

What part of 'I have tried WoW and thought it boring and pointless' don't you understand!?

And by the way I have played RPGS besides Runescape-

Pokemon

Kingdom Hearts

Oblivion

Morrowind

EVE online

The Matrix online

Ageis

Kingdom of Loathing

Don't call me ignorant just because I enjoy playing Runescape better than WoW.

'Lol, Runescape is so pathetic.'

What a intelligent, enlightening post! Let's dissect it, shall we?

lol-Not in any known dictionary. Also, part of the thusly described by the topic poster 'l33t language'.

is so pathetic-Let me guess, since this game 'is so pathetic' this means you don't play it regularly, right? You perhaps play other mmorgs, even WoW more often than you play Runescape? Yet, you still use the 'l33t' term mentioned above.. Hmm.. I believe your statement has just defeated the point of Nonrune's post, that only runescape players are dumb and 'pathetic' enough to use 'l33t' terms. Also, have I used any 'l33t', no wait, even 'online-speak' terms in any of my posts? I think not. In fact, all of my spelling and grammar is precise and correct. Yet, I seem to enjoy playing Runescape more than you do.... -.-

Furthermore, your statement has no facts or references to mention. Therefore, we can assume that your 'argument' is made up purely of your opinions, like the 'argument' presented by the topic poster.

'Don't except much approval from the people here, they're runescape players after all. Post that on any mmorpg forum, and they will all agree with you. A lot of the people here don't know better than Runescape.'

Nothing but stereotypes and over-generalizations here, as well as your personal opinions twisted with 'facts'. By the way, wrong kind of except, genius. -.-

You have officially been 'owned' by the Grammar Police.

first of all, how is pokaymonz an rpg?

and second, this is a discussion of mmorpg's, as in more than one person playing, and a choice as to whether your character is hetero or homo, unlike kingdom hearts which has the latter.

btw, i heard u liek mudkipz?

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

NoRune, you're absolutely right. Lol, Runescape is so pathetic. Don't except much approval from the people here, they're runescape players after all. Post that on any mmorpg forum, and they will all agree with you. A lot of the people here don't know better than Runescape.

A) I enjoy the complex PvP system, and if you really bothered to attempt to PK someone, you'd know it's more that just a 'click-fest'.

I lol'ed. See what I mean when I say a lot of people here don't know better? xD

What part of 'I have tried WoW and thought it boring and pointless' don't you understand!?

And by the way I have played RPGS besides Runescape-

Pokemon

Kingdom Hearts

Oblivion

Morrowind

EVE online

The Matrix online

Ageis

Kingdom of Loathing

Don't call me ignorant just because I enjoy playing Runescape better than WoW.

'Lol, Runescape is so pathetic.'

What a intelligent, enlightening post! Let's dissect it, shall we?

lol-Not in any known dictionary. Also, part of the thusly described by the topic poster 'l33t language'.

is so pathetic-Let me guess, since this game 'is so pathetic' this means you don't play it regularly, right? You perhaps play other mmorgs, even WoW more often than you play Runescape? Yet, you still use the 'l33t' term mentioned above.. Hmm.. I believe your statement has just defeated the point of Nonrune's post, that only runescape players are dumb and 'pathetic' enough to use 'l33t' terms. Also, have I used any 'l33t', no wait, even 'online-speak' terms in any of my posts? I think not. In fact, all of my spelling and grammar is precise and correct. Yet, I seem to enjoy playing Runescape more than you do.... -.-

Furthermore, your statement has no facts or references to mention. Therefore, we can assume that your 'argument' is made up purely of your opinions, like the 'argument' presented by the topic poster.

'Don't except much approval from the people here, they're runescape players after all. Post that on any mmorpg forum, and they will all agree with you. A lot of the people here don't know better than Runescape.'

Nothing but stereotypes and over-generalizations here, as well as your personal opinions twisted with 'facts'. By the way, wrong kind of except, genius. -.-

You have officially been 'owned' by the Grammar Police.

first of all, how is pokaymonz an rpg?

and second, this is a discussion of mmorpg's, as in more than one person playing, and a choice as to whether your character is hetero or homo, unlike kingdom hearts which has the latter.

btw, i heard u liek mudkipz?

how is pokemon not an rpg?.

I still play this game, because, out of all the MMORPGs I've tried, this one is by far the best. I've tried WoW, and a host of other games, and a lot of them are annoyingly complicated. All these classes, subclasses, ect. that you need to allocate the stats just perfectly to, a ton of skills, some that are useful and and some that are completely useless, equipments with all these enchantments... quite frankly that kind of thing gives me a headache. I like just being able to train all my my character's stats as high as I want, without having to worry about having made a "bad character". Simple is good.

This one annoys me. If I have to cast high alchemy 200,000 times for 99 magic you're damn straight I want to look nice doing it.

Along with that many people "dance" with each other by following each other at the same time and I find this the most sad thing ever, 99% of people that that either do it so people in the game will think they are cool or they don't have/never have had a real life girlfriend.

I "dance" with guys... It more interesting than just standing around talking. Yes, thats right. I talk to people over Runescape. Sue me.

Ive played wow i know what its like. First of you say many people on runescape are under the age of 13, your right that is proably true but have you ever played alliance?? im not saying all alliance are kids but its shown that alot of them are and they may be under 13.

So what if warcraft evolves and runescape dosnt the main thing is Runescape is FREE and its a decent game for free. WoW requires you to devote 100s of hours to play and at least 40% of its players are hooked.

I retired wow because i didnt want to waste my time playing and my money

so i returned to RS.

nooblolzp5.png

Part of Runescape since November 2004.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel much more popular in this virtual world since you can be a whole different person in this game and be better than many more people. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is bad because it just shows you have too much time in your life and you waste your life on soemthing like this. In this game you can easily feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me than a lot of time wasted on worthless stats on a game that has no productivity. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

Thats your opinion, perhaps someone who went to university to obtain a triple degree in medicine had too much time on their hands too?

If they want to stand out and try to "look cool" that is their choice and you have no right to tell them its wrong.

You wont get anything because you need to rely on yourself not other players. Fact is if you get scammed it is your own fault. With all the new bubble wrap features there is no excuse to get scammed. There's a big flashing exclamation point when trades are altered. The cash appears different colors, there are two trade screens. There is now the Req' assistance service which now allows you to cut gems etc without the hassle of losing items.

Some people like to use their spare time to have a little bit of fun. Majority of whom play this game isn't about attention its just about having a little bit of fun.

Where is your proof? Do not make up false statistics if you cannot back it up. Scammers can be of any age. Just because you are over the age of 13 doesn't make you make you responsible or trust worthy. Stop generalizing players.

The runescape moderators do a wonderful job. If you'd read the rules you would find you are only allowed to rant about in game features which can be fixed. You are not allowed to rant about other players (scamming) as Jagex cannot control they can only set limitations.

My boyfriend plays this game, and we sometimes do that. If it bothers you that much than don't look go about your business. As for the "leet" you have an ignore button use it. Not to mention you can simply turn your chat off or set it to hide. You have all these options why not use it.

Yes, that is just what people want when they look for a fun game. A game that requires strategical thinking. Your on a computer how else are you supposed to navigate? Younger people have a right to play as much as if you if they have parental consent. Who are you to pick and choose who can and can't play?

Autoers are the players problem. Majority of autoers collect runescape gold to sell for real world cash. If players didn't buy this gold then autoers wouldn't have a business.

You CANNOT IP ban autoers. Why? Because IP's get recycled all the time. It wouldn't be fair to someone who got a banned IP through that would it? They would be denied access to play and it wouldn't be fair to them.

The players are the problem not Jagex, look outside the box.

Just a Java Game? Runescape is an advanced Java based game. It doesn't require a 6GB download just to play or anything. You judge everything based on looks and not content. How do i know that? The first thing you mentioned was graphics.

I work long hours, when i get home i like to relax a little. I play because i have friends here. We can just go kill things and it is relaxing.

If there is anything against the rules or you want removed, please just tell me and I will be glad to remove it, please warn me though.

Remove the above paragraph where you said "Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like the attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what? I know most of you are just gonna say because you have friends that play, but what keeps you playing?" because it is simply flame baiting.

Other then that go back to World of Warcraft. The fact you've taken the time to sit here and criticize people's choices for the playing the game really annoys me. You keep repeating that people who play have no friends, no life and everything else.

So just leave it where it is and go play World of Warcraft it saves the flaming that will come.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I'll compare most of your thoughts with WoW-

Well, this is my personal opinion about the game RuneScape. Many of you probably won't like it because it is against RuneScape but if you feel that way, just don't read it.

When you compare this game to other MMORPG games now a days, you may think it is fun but I look at it and think "How do people enjoy this game?". When I look at it, not ONE stat takes ANY skill to get up, and fighting.....don't even mention it, it's click wand wait....wow. The game in my opinion is entirely made for people to leave their real life and feel much more popular in this virtual world since you can be a whole different person in this game and be better than many more people. Most people don't think of it that way though, they think of it as "I'm so good at this game, I have 99 ______." I think this is bad because it just shows you have too much time in your life and you waste your life on soemthing like this. In this game you can easily feel that it makes you better then other people, that your "good" at this game, and many other reasons. High skills show nothing to me than a lot of time wasted on worthless stats on a game that has no productivity. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion.

As others have stated, runescape is an rpg, and is really just a matter of determination and effort/how long you play. It really doesn't require any skill. I don't really see what you're trying to say, as the same thing is present in games like WoW, where you just sit there killing things until you get to level 70. In my opinion, WoW is even worse, because all you're doing is killing stuff. Sure, you might see a tin vein, and go mine it, then make some stuff, but its not like runescape where you have loads of different skills, instead of just 2 professions.

Once again, the same exact thing happens in WoW, except mainly that most people when they do this arent doing anything. Go into ironforge (or any major city, really) on any realm and you'll see anywhere from 10-20 level 70s just sitting there by the auction house with their best stuff on, just... doing nothing, and probably trying to do exactly what you're saying- look cool for the lower level people.

Well, theres pretty much scammers in every MMORPG. At least once an hour or so in WoW, I'll get some random person whispering me/inviting me to their group, and sure enough, they're a level 1, probably in some sort of sweatshop, just saying "go to this website to get free gold!". Theres not really as much item scamming, but then again, the WoW economy is a joke. Like you said, half the items aren't tradable, or are bound to you when you equip them, which is mainly why it's economy is so poor.

As I've said before, this happens in practically any MMORPG (including WoW), so I really don't see why you're even bothering. My friend has a level 70 in WoW, and whenever he goes to a major city he gets anywhere from 2-4 people whispering to him for money, and then following him around after (then when he finally says no, they just go do the same to some other level 70).

Ok?... As someone else already said, Jagex is trying to gear towards a younger audience (and of course, Miniclip doesn't help either). I really don't think that runescape resolves too much around money. It has a very lively economy, thats practically always changing. At least theres other ways to make money other than just killing stuff/questing, like in WoW. You can merchant, skill, etc. Not so much in WoW... Also, you keep coming back to scammers. I really don't see what the big deal is. Just ignore them. Really, it's not that hard to avoid scammers... It's a part of almost every MMORPG.

I HIGHLY doubt that it was locked because you used the word "scammer". I've seen tons of rants on RSOF about scammers/macroers etc, and no mods have ever had a problem with them.

As others have stated, no one really uses "leetspeak". Every now and then, you'll see people (probably tipiters :lol:) using it as a joke, but really no one uses it. And what does having a girlfriend have to do with what you're saying?

I'd love to hear some examples of how thinking is required in other MMORPG's (or pretty much any video game for that matter), considering after all... It's a video game. Also, would you mind showing us how they could "non-stupidify" runescape? (is that even a word?... "stupidify"?...)

At least they're doing something. Theres loads of sweatshops (people working for extremely small amounts of money to get gold/items, etc) for WoW, mainly just because the games too complicated for macros (i think, or maybe there are macroers! :ohnoes:). But in WoW, I've never heard of anybody doing anything about it.

I am quite baffled that you say runescape cannot come close to matching WoW in any way. I'll give you some ways right here.

-How many skills does WoW have?... 2 professions, and like 3 other skills.

^Runescape has a whopping 23 skills (I might've counted wrong, but its close lol)

-How many realms does WoW have?... Ya, a lot, but to switch a character to another one its $20.00.

^Runescape has over 100 worlds, that you can use your character(s) on any free of charge (unless of course, you're a member, and f2p can only use some worlds)

-How much does WoW cost?... Well, lets see.. It's $20.00 or so to buy the game, then you have to go install it (which took about 6 hours on my computer :-#), then you have to download all the patches (another 4 hours or so for me :-#), then once you're done with that, its $15.00 a month to play, not to mention that you need a pretty good computer to run it.

^Runescape is FREE, or you can become a member, which costs around $3.00 per month (if you do it with your credit card (i think?)), or $5.00 by phone/whatever. It takes maybe 20-30 seconds to run the first time (if that), and maybe 5 seconds for updates, and can be run on practically any computer that has connection to the internet.

-How many quests are there in WoW? Theres a ton of em! But guess what? About 90% of them can be done in about 10 minutes. About 60% of them are just go kill X amount of creatures, or go get X amount of items (a drop from a creature), and bring them back to me and ill give you some money or a reward.

^Theres over 100 (maybe more? idk) quests in runescape that actually require some serious logic and thinking if you don't use a guide. You also need some pretty good stats to do some of the harder ones. They can take a while to complete, and you actually get some satisfaction after completing it, because you've really done something. The rewards are usually decent.

-How many organizations like tip.it does WoW have? -None really that I know of, Blizzard pretty much controls the whole thing. Theres no need to go to a site like tip.it if you're confused and need a guide or something, for WoW you can just go to your local Best Buy and get the "World of Warcraft Master Guide: Second Edition! Everything you need to know to be a master of the World of Warcraft!" Woo-hoo... doesn't that sound like fun...

^Runescape has loads of sites/fan clubs. Theres tip.it, Runehq, Leetscape, Runevillage, and tons of others. This kind of community is what I really like about runescape. You don't see people having fan-site vs. fan-site wars in WoW, like you do in runescape.

Really the only thing I can say about WoW that is better than runescape is that it has better graphics (which really doesn't matter, because the gameplay is fantastic), and that you can be different races, which is pretty cool.

I play runescape because of the gameplay mainly. Also, the whole community (mainly tip.it :XD:), and as you've said, my friends that I've made in the game. Now I have to ask you-

Why do YOU play WoW? Is it because you think you are good at the game, because you like attention, you don't have real life friends to hang out with, what?

Wow, that took a while.