dragon defenders?

edard

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe I don't see what your saying but, Godswords are 2h right? and a defender goes in the shield spot, so the only weapons it would really help are whip and scimmy right?

Yes but one more piece of really good equipment that is untradable and can be picked back up will make the triangle become very isosceles, or scalene triangle, depending on how you rank Magic and Range in there.

pktrianglewt9.png

Amirite

ill agree that its a toss up between range and melee now lol. because damn.

magic is on the loosing end now, especially if melee dhides it up. but hey, mages cant complain that much, they did finally get a ranged armor to lower melee stats. it might be 80mil, but its out there.

maybe I don't see what your saying but, Godswords are 2h right? and a defender goes in the shield spot, so the only weapons it would really help are whip and scimmy right?

Yes but one more piece of really good equipment that is untradable and can be picked back up will make the triangle become very isosceles, or scalene triangle, depending on how you rank Magic and Range in there.

pktrianglewt9.png

Amirite

Actually not really, how I meant it was that Melee would be where Magic is, except the arrows would be pointing towards Range and Magic (indicating that Melee pwns both).

codguy.png

Codguy.png

[My pictar]

Amirite

ill agree that its a toss up between range and melee now lol. because damn.

magic is on the loosing end now, especially if melee dhides it up. but hey, mages cant complain that much, they did finally get a ranged armor to lower melee stats. it might be 80mil, but its out there.

It's not even that though... Magic is such a supplemental skill now...

[Mai Picter]

Amirite

Actually not really, how I meant it was that Melee would be where Magic is, except the arrows would be pointing towards Range and Magic (indicating that Melee pwns both).

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

This argument has been made since forever. Try fighting a tank on a non-pure, and watch how badly you get owned. Range is as every bit as good as melee, and there should be no arguments to that at this point. It's just obvious.

[hide=Quotes]

[Mai Picter]

Amirite

This argument has been made since forever. Try fighting a tank on a non-pure, and watch how badly you get owned. Range is as every bit as good as melee, and there should be no arguments to that at this point. It's just obvious.

[/hide]

But now with the Godsword... And if they were to introduce a Dragon Defender, it would make things a bit more top heavy (referring back to my idea of the picture). Plus only some people create tank rangers, not everyone. And Whip + Rune Def owns enough, but Dragon would just overpower too much.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

[hide=Quotes]

[Mai Picter]

Amirite

[/hide]

But now with the Godsword... And if they were to introduce a Dragon Defender, it would make things a bit more top heavy (referring back to my idea of the picture). Plus only some people create tank rangers, not everyone. And Whip + Rune Def owns enough, but Dragon would just overpower too much.

Oh, i getcha. i thought you were reffering to the current day.

Sorry. Yeah, the DD would completely destroy everything

[hide=Quotes]

[Mai Picter]

Amirite

[/hide]

Exactly, think if someone went unskulled into wilderness (and never did skull) with Whip + Dragon Defender, and then smashed their opponent and then switched to Godsword and speced when low hp. Of course they could do that with rune def as well, but just to emphasize it all, with all of these new things to add to melee, it's not going to happen, at least at any time soon. It will be a long time if it does come out.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

NO NO NO!!!

Dragon defender would be horrible.

Just another thing jagex would do to help the poor.

Dfs just came out and if d defender would be release that would make me dfs drop :wall:

No they better not release it unless you have to do the same thing for dfs kill dragons till you get a piece and then pay a guy to make it for you.

Its very stupid that people can just get the best shield by killing a lv 80 while other people spent days killing iron dragons to get visage.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

I would see the Dragon Defender as being untradable, hard to obtain, and disapearing automatically when you die.

Imagine this: A quest requiring Legend's, RFD, and all of the Fremnik area quests, unlocking a new minigame in which you have to pay with a rune defender to get in and hopefully get a dragon one as loot or as a reward. =P~

1z2zrwo.jpg

It's not even that though... Magic is such a supplemental skill now...

i dunno about that, all i have to say is i am a warrior. theres no way around that.

magic reminds me today, how ranged kind of was a while ago, just kind of have to be careful of what happens, like more so then other combat forms.

but we all have to remember, everything gets its turn or at least thats how it appears to me, it was melee forever then all the sudden range gets beefed up and im not talking like how melee got small items here and their, no no oh god now, ranged REALLY got an update all the sudden. with melee it was like, fury beserker obby shield rune defender fire cape rune boots getting a str bonus... all that was slowly introduced to keep melee with a leading edge on magic. now that ranged is the way it is, a ranger really is one hell of a fight. i cant seem to pull off any good ranged stuff in cw... but still ive seen ranged do some stuff.

but yes back to magic, it seems magic and ranged are always the alternate combat forms, however magic does seem a bit lacking lately and well, since magic had ancient spells for 2 years now(?) it seems its taken a back seat to everything.

doesnt it already? i mean my god its strong and with a dragon fire, if im not mistaken since i dont own 1, couldnt you spec like double 30's and hit the release button on the shield for a ko? or try to do that after you get a good vengenace hit on them. DFS+DDS+veng im thinking whatever you ran into might just die(provided venge did like 20?)

NO NO NO!!!

Dragon defender would be horrible.

Just another thing jagex would do to help the poor.

Dfs just came out and if d defender would be release that would make me dfs drop :wall:

No they better not release it unless you have to do the same thing for dfs kill dragons till you get a piece and then pay a guy to make it for you.

Its very stupid that people can just get the best shield by killing a lv 80 while other people spent days killing iron dragons to get visage.

if they released it, it would be a challenge to get. and, how is it stupid some1 can kill a few green dragons and get 1, when some people goto irons and get UNLUCKY, because to kill greens and get 1, your are SUPER lucky. its even rarer then the left half or so ive heard. and alot of people have and havent had left half drops.

honestly, all i see the dfire shield being is an item of investment i had this discussion before with a friend the otherday, its an item that wont drop over like 1mil rite? because oziach has to make it for that price. and i dont think the dfs will be 1uped for some time. until then enjoy it.

Well, Id have to say that I dont know whats up with the no's as Jagex said no Dragon Full Helms. I can see Plates and Kites and maybe Defenders in our future.

Id say +7 Str bonus, and around 4 times harder to achieve.

| Dragon drops: 5 | GWD drops: 8 | DK drops: 4 | Obby drops: 2 |

Well, Id have to say that I dont know whats up with the no's as Jagex said no Dragon Full Helms. I can see Plates and Kites and maybe Defenders in our future.

We can't really expect more dragon items until a new list of spells come out (summoning o.O).

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

We can't really expect more dragon items until a new list of spells come out (summoning o.O).

Very true, but I'm just saying its very possible to see them in the future.

| Dragon drops: 5 | GWD drops: 8 | DK drops: 4 | Obby drops: 2 |

why is everyone obsessed with dragon items, everyone is awlays saying, the should make "_____" in dragon, and "_____" etc etc, if somoen wants an item improved, dragon, someone wants a new item, dragon

Why? whats so special about dragon??

They should make a dragon pickaxe.

:lol:

Dragon defenders would look pretty cool but the after effects of having one could once again change pking and other things quite a bit.

213360.png

if they are very very difficult to get(same as dfs maybe) and able to lose them, then yes, otherwise- no, i wouldn't like every second noob running around with one.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ive spent 3k ticket and im only upto steel.id hate going for a dragon one :cry:

I hope you mean tokkens because there are no tickets :|

This is why I hate the forums sometimes. Everyone always feels the need to correct every minor detail to try and "one up" the other person. We all knew what he meant so there was just no need. It adds nothing to the discussion.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.