Quick guide to new altar !

Fredz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion.. it takes 60 runes in total if you can use all 4 pouches, as you have to bank 3 times till fill pouches and iventory.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Good guide! Could probably be a little nearer and better laid out but overall it is understandable! :thumbsup:

Wrong forum however. There is a Player Made Guides forum. A moderator should move it soon. :thumbsup:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

For xp/hour, it should be different depending on your RC level. Since you get more good runes at high levels, you'll get more exp/run at high levels. Maybe if we can get people to post their xp/hour and include their RC level at the time, we can get a rough formula or table for the xp/hour.

rs0.jpg

do you have to wear a seal of passage to bank at the lunar island?

Yes.

I have all four pouches and am getting 800+ xp (about) per run. Haven't timed how long each run takes or how many you can do in 1 hour, but if someone has, (and if you have all 4 pouches) they 800 xp is a good rough value to use.

[i have 79 rc.] Additionally, I've been getting about 5-6 bloods, 5-7 deaths, 4-8 chaos, 5-8 laws and 3-4 astrals (and an occasional soul) per run (among all the other normal runes.) I've figured that I break even/make a little profit each run.

Now...Compared to Nat/Abyss running.... Rough estimate would be that the xp is about 1.5 times what you get with abyss, but there is a significant decrease in profit. With abyss, I can make 10k per run, but with this, I generally break even or maybe 1-2k profit.

Also note that if you have 4 pouches, that means you have to use the Ourania bank 3x per run, which is 60 runes. (even if you use airs/fires, they add up)

Quest Cape gotten.

Fire Cape gotten at 92 cb, no guthans.

this certainly will affect the prices of nature runes, since more people are going to craft here now and not in abbys.

O, and I also have some data for you:

lvl 75+ gets an avarage of 900+ exp a run

It earns about 66% less than abbys

The exp is about 175% of that of abbys

exp is almost as good as law comp

Correct me if this info isn't right

Xenoxai.png

do you have to wear a seal of passage to bank at the lunar island?

A: If you have completed Dream Mentor you do not need the zeal of passage, if you have only completed lunar diplomacy however, you would need one!

- Thanks for all the feedback!

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

That about not needing a Seal of Passage to bank on Lunar Isle is only for banking with that special bankman Jack-something, or? Or does the not have to have the seal goes for all bank tellers in the Lunar Isle bank ?

And if you get 900+ xp per run at the new ZMI altar it's as good or not better than w66 law crafting since that has become much slower now due to the themed world release which makes more newbish players go there that doesn't really know what to do there and that there are much more leechers there now, which all slows down the speed of that method. Or isn't so now?

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

From what I read it seems as though the bank there will only be there temporarily. So that is something to think about, also someone else said it but the Penance gloves for a -4kg I believe.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

True the random runes thing can be annoying, ...

It is not.

After a few rounds it seems to be very consistent, and by now it is the only way to craft blood and soul runes :) (Yes even at my low Runecrafting level I get them quite a lot.)

the random runes are usefull to me cause I get RESTOCKED on the teles I DID, which means I'm just wasteing p ess cash and not astrals or laws!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

You gained 10,557 runecraft exp in 25mins 46secs. That's 24,582 exp/h.

71 Runecrafting

This was me walking from the moonclan tele to moonclan bank and then from Ourania tele to the start of the Short Path, then turning on run (i.e. not using any super energy pots).

This makes it very slightly faster exp than crafting fire runes. Using super energy you could obviously go faster by running longer.

I think I speak for all RCer's to be at 99 when I say "{cabbage} YOU JaGeX!" This makes my tireless hours of Rcing seem like a waste. True the random runes thing can be annoying, but 25k an hour? Without S Energies? HOLY {cabbage} this makes me so angry. I will go over to JaGeX HQ and punch the person who came up with this.

Only 24.5k xp an hour... That's quite a bummer really.
Compare that to 18k an hour WITH S energies. Yeah, that adds up, A LOT!

then i suppose we'd all have to punch them because they also released pest control a long time ago, which gave people massive amounts of exp and brought tons more 126's in the game, i for one, got attack, strength, and hitpoints to 99 before pest control, but did i rant? no. Jagex will always come out with things that make training skills easier, we have to get over it and not throw a tantrum everytime they do so. :shame:

2vuhgcn.png

That about not needing a Seal of Passage to bank on Lunar Isle is only for banking with that special bankman Jack-something, or? Or does the not have to have the seal goes for all bank tellers in the Lunar Isle bank ?

It only works for that specific banker, but that's more than enough, isn't it?

By the way, this are my results with a few runs:

[hide]Airs: 5,5%

Minds: 6,6%

Waters: 5,8%

Earths: 6,3%

Fires: 6,9%

Bodies: 7,4%

Cosmics: 9,3%

Chaos: 12%

Astrals: 15%

Nats: 14%

Laws: 5%

Deaths: 3%

Bloods: 2%

Souls: 0.5%[/hide]

I'm getting my money back after selling the nats, the chaos, the bloods and the deaths. It's not very profitable (at least at this level), but the exp is great.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

You have a slight typo in the FAQ. You put "Zeal of Passage" instead of "Seal of Passage" Overall a very good guide.

9/10

I was helping my friend, by running ess along side him, both of us using teles, and pouches and he managed 54k xp per hour. We figure this was amazing. We were using Super Energy pots also.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Nice work, thanks for the ideas. Really well done.

Crud. Now I have to do the Lunar quests. Sigh.

I think I'll probably go there and be a fighter for a while, though. I could really use the cash.

Thanks for the good work.

How can you have any disagreement with such an affordable game? And Jagex acually care to maintain and update this game. Wonderful.