Dramatic fall in prices.

Goldenjkered

ow guys im sorry for making guthan go down

there was no1 else selling guthan guth pl8 so i started saying that i was selling it for i dunno 500k 400k then i said ok 300k some1 bought another seller came also went selling 300k lOl

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I balme the dirty merchants.

Then you, like most RS players, have no clue about how economies work.

Merchants cannot drive prices down.

~q

Some do...if one dude is selling for very cheap then buyers buy for that cheap price and so sellers either refuse or just fold in and sell for the cheap price.

The only way you actually loose any money is if you decide to sell your barrows or items for more than you bought them for, so if you don't sell you don't loose money no matter what the prices are now :wall:

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

It's just deflating- that's what happens in all economies...

It'll inflate soon enough (so buy stuff now!!!)

Just because prices have decreased suddenly doesn't mean there's deflation and it certainly doesn't automatically imply that they MUST all rise again soon. For deflation, you need ALL prices to fall, and fall at a sustained rate. Even then, why would they suddenly increase again? There is no cycle of inflation following deflation. That's just your baseless speculation.

We already have figured out what the cause of the fall in price is here, so you're absolutely incorrect

Well thanks a lot for making me feel like a jerk! Thanks a lot now I will be a jerk

Yeah Noob! (Sorry for the spam he just majorly ticked me off)

goblin512.png

Just because prices have decreased suddenly doesn't mean there's deflation and it certainly doesn't automatically imply that they MUST all rise again soon. For deflation, you need ALL prices to fall, and fall at a sustained rate. Even then, why would they suddenly increase again? There is no cycle of inflation following deflation. That's just your baseless speculation.

We already have figured out what the cause of the fall in price is here, so you're absolutely incorrect

Well thanks a lot for making me feel like a jerk! Thanks a lot now I will be a jerk

It's nothing personal, if I believe someone's theory is incorrect I will argue. Keep the senseless insults out of this, especially the "n" word :wink: .

Well obviously you are completely biased against merchants. That makes your already baseless argument lose any credibility. You have no proof, no explanation to support your reasoning. It seems like, to you, any change in price is a merchant's fault.

Hey, I'm not complaining...Cheap armour anyone?

Indeed, however the same thing that caused the cheap armor has also made phats rise <.< . I'm worried that it will be beyond my reach sooner than i had predicted.

Then there's also the people who supply the barrows. They lose out here.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i think that they are dropping cause less people are buying and more people are getting them

Another very incomplete theory, that is no reason tbh. Anybody could tell you that price usually drops because demand is getting less and lower than the actual supply, that's nothing new. Demand doesn't just decrease for no reason, you should add how it comes that the supply exceeds the demand, what you just said is something so basic that it can almost be applied to any price change. If you'd have read the posts some of us made before you made your post you'd have known by know what actually caused the change in supply and demand.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

i think that they are dropping cause less people are buying and more people are getting them

Another very incomplete theory, that is no reason tbh. Anybody could tell you that price usually drops because demand is getting less and lower than the actual supply, that's nothing new. Demand doesn't just decrease for no reason, you should add how it comes that the supply exceeds the demand, what you just said is something so basic that it can almost be applied to any price change. If you'd have read the posts some of us made before you made your post you'd have known by know what actually caused the change in supply and demand.

I agree, and it would be good if people followed the whole discussion instead of presenting already shot-down arguments.

I'll add that there has not been any unusual development at barrows. No change of drop rate, now change of strategy. Nothing that would suggest a sudden increase in supply so it's far more likely a change in demand. Then the question is: WHAT could lead to a change in demand? I already presented my theory a few pages back.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

It's nothing personal, if I believe someone's theory is incorrect I will argue. Keep the senseless insults out of this, especially the "n" word :wink: .

Well obviously you are completely biased against merchants. That makes your already baseless argument lose any credibility. You have no proof, no explanation to support your reasoning. It seems like, to you, any change in price is a merchant's fault.

Indeed, however the same thing that caused the cheap armor has also made phats rise <.< . I'm worried that it will be beyond my reach sooner than i had predicted.

AAAAAH! YOU'RE GETTING WAY TOO COMPLICATED FOR A SIMPLE SITUATION! THE ANSWER IS:

S**t happens.

Or, in other words, supply and demand. And "merchanting" is what keeps an economy healthy - without price variation, money making would be impossible.

AAAAAH! YOU'RE GETTING WAY TOO COMPLICATED FOR A SIMPLE SITUATION! THE ANSWER IS:

S**t happens.

Or, in other words, supply and demand. And "merchanting" is what keeps an economy healthy - without price variation, money making would be impossible.

Once more, merchanting has hardly anything to do with changes in supply and demand. Read the post elsewhere in this post and you'd know what actually went on.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

-long quote-

S**t happens.

As a matter of fact, this is not exactly a simple situation. Your explanation is a lot more simple however it's also way too vague. Obviously everything has to do with supply and demand. The question is (and I'm getting sick of saying this over and over again): WHAT is causing the change in supply or demand.

BlueSig6.jpg