Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

The missile pod does lock on..

and the gravity hammer is the sweetest thing ever!

I'm not talking about the missle pods. I'm talking about the rocket launchers. The original rockets, not the new ones.

Gravity hammer is crap imo. I hate the energy sword because I hate watching someone's score go up like crazy in Lone Wolf because he picked up the sword/hammer and just runs around like a [developmentally delayed].

Lone Wolf - Ranked sucks. whoever has the power weapon is going to win.

I agree there. I got to rank 5 and was bored to death because I always placed 2nd to the guy with the biggest gun while I just ran around with the assault rifle.

Here's how I feel about the online play:

Crap. I want to play big team battle - team slayer. Not shotty/snipers. Not territories. Not VIP. TEAM SLAYER. I know it mixes up all the different types of games, but this one is the most annoying. I usually get on a team with a few guys who work well together, but that doesn't really matter when the other team is sniping you when you spawn. I really think there should be a seperate option to play shotty/snipers rounds instead of throwing them in randomly with team slayer matches. I'm so tired of snipers and shotguns I don't even bother to pick them up in regular matches. I have to say, not being able to pick a certain type of game to play is the worst part of online play. I don't want to derank for dropping out of games I hate so I have to stick it out and usually end up losing ranks because we lost.

When players drop, you get that annoying "Starting" screen. I know it did it in the old Halos as well, but c'mon. Stopping the game to let us know that some guy dropped? How about his body falls over and just doesn't get back up? It's not hard to notice he dropped since he stops getting kills..

Overall I like the online play, but a few tweaks could make it a lot better..

But you should really try and play it on 1080p. Its insane.

Don't you know the game runs natively on 640p? Not even 780, but 640. It's false advertising to a degree, but at least it should explain why the game's visuals are relatively crap, compared to games like Gears. OF course, it can be scaled up to 1080p, which would be the smart thing to do. It's just a letdown from the amazing graphics the trailers sported.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

A: mags r supposed to be slower cause people spammed them in the game..

In halo 2 online I've never seen/been mag spammed or even killed by a mag... Maybe killed once or twice when there were no other secondaries around... but no one even bothers with them when I play? Maybe I'm missing something?

umm swat mags in halo 2 ring a bell? 2 shots in the head instant kill lol. plus i've used duel mags in reg matches and they own can kill someone with 1 clip when duel wielding.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

The missile pod does lock on..

and the gravity hammer is the sweetest thing ever!

I'm not talking about the missle pods. I'm talking about the rocket launchers. The original rockets, not the new ones.

Gravity hammer is crap imo. I hate the energy sword because I hate watching someone's score go up like crazy in Lone Wolf because he picked up the sword/hammer and just runs around like a [developmentally delayed].

Lone Wolf - Ranked sucks. whoever has the power weapon is going to win.

I agree there. I got to rank 5 and was bored to death because I always placed 2nd to the guy with the biggest gun while I just ran around with the assault rifle.

Here's how I feel about the online play:

Crap. I want to play big team battle - team slayer. Not shotty/snipers. Not territories. Not VIP. TEAM SLAYER. I know it mixes up all the different types of games, but this one is the most annoying. I usually get on a team with a few guys who work well together, but that doesn't really matter when the other team is sniping you when you spawn. I really think there should be a seperate option to play shotty/snipers rounds instead of throwing them in randomly with team slayer matches. I'm so tired of snipers and shotguns I don't even bother to pick them up in regular matches. I have to say, not being able to pick a certain type of game to play is the worst part of online play. I don't want to derank for dropping out of games I hate so I have to stick it out and usually end up losing ranks because we lost.

When players drop, you get that annoying "Starting" screen. I know it did it in the old Halos as well, but c'mon. Stopping the game to let us know that some guy dropped? How about his body falls over and just doesn't get back up? It's not hard to notice he dropped since he stops getting kills..

Overall I like the online play, but a few tweaks could make it a lot better..

i agree, i was playing matchmaking big team and i got multi ctf twice in a row! be nice if u could vote which game u want.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

umm swat mags in halo 2 ring a bell? 2 shots in the head instant kill lol. plus i've used duel mags in reg matches and they own can kill someone with 1 clip when duel wielding.

And 1 shot in the head with a br kills in swat? Whats your point?

Also swat isn't even ranked.

Yes, mags are good, and some people are good with them, but they're not really 'spammed'... Thats making use of a decent weapon.

happiehour.jpeg

Wooo.

Took forever to finish the last one, but I got it. The combo in Halo3planet didn't work, luckily I saw a combo on Youtube comments and it worked!

I am suprisingly using the Hyusaba Armor. It's not too shabby.

Now to find four more terminals. :D

Wooo.

Took forever to finish the last one, but I got it. The combo in Halo3planet didn't work, luckily I saw a combo on Youtube comments and it worked!

I am suprisingly using the Hyusaba Armor. It's not too shabby.

Now to find four more terminals. :D

i have hayabusa armor the full set.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I'm glad they that took off lock on off the Rocket Launchers.

I always got owned by my bro when he got one. :)

Honestly, I'm pissed that the rockets aren't lock on. It seems like there is always a group of people on Valhalla who grab a warthog and both the banshees and [bleep] everyone up. How the hell do you stop the banshees when there's always some idiot who wastes the missle pod shooting at some guy hiding behind a rock or something stupid? At least with lock on rockets people couldn't go on a huge spree with a banshee. Or if they did manage a few kills they'd aim for the wrong person and take a rocket head on.

Has anyone else noticed how much of a pain it is to get in/out of vehicles? When ever I'm riding [bleep] on a mongoose I always end up getting my shields beat down before I can manage to get off. It doesn't seem like the driver's seat has the same issue, just the passenger. I barely get on the stupid things anymore because my driver always end up driving over a grenade or trying to splatter someone and I get the bullet in the back..

This one is a stretch, but I honestly think they should remove the quit game option once you're in a round. 3 times last night I was left in 1 v 4 matches because my teammates didn't care to lose so they took the dishonorable way out and left. But I won't do that, I stick out the entire game and actually manage a few kills here and there before they finally get their 50 off me. I'm just so sick of teammates ditching the game and leaving our opponents with one hell of an advantage.. I guess if I get stuck with a rank 5 who isn't getting any kills, I don't care if he leaves but when everyone my own rank ditches me it gets really annoying..

Honestly, I'm pissed that the rockets aren't lock on. It seems like there is always a group of people on Valhalla who grab a warthog and both the banshees and [bleep] everyone up. How the hell do you stop the banshees when there's always some idiot who wastes the missle pod shooting at some guy hiding behind a rock or something stupid? At least with lock on rockets people couldn't go on a huge spree with a banshee. Or if they did manage a few kills they'd aim for the wrong person and take a rocket head on.

I hated the lock-on feature of the rocket launcher. Any small vehicle like a warthog or ghost was nearly useless when somebody ran around with a launcher. Even the tanks were redundant, since you were just a bigger target just as easily destroyed. At least with the missile pod, you have to disadvantage yourself with its weight, lack of melee, and lack of secondary weapon to use the lock-on.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Woah, the game was.. Really short, Bungie didn't think much of pepole who don't like to pay x amount of money for a game.

In Short:

WAAAYY too short Singleplayer Campaign.

Get off easy =\

cyco_1.jpg

Boy deloria, you better hope you don't get stuck with me and my buds. We have a tendency to get bored and just play to see how fast we can get booted out :lol:. It's an [wagon] thing to do but meh, it's a video game.

LOL I hope I don't get stuck in a game with you either :P I had 2 friends over tonight and I figured they couldn't be too bad so I put us on big team battle figuring our team could pick up the slack if they ended up sucking [wagon].. We didn't win a game in over an hour and I always led the team in scores -.- That was the worst hour I've ever spent playing Halo..

I hated the lock-on feature of the rocket launcher. Any small vehicle like a warthog or ghost was nearly useless when somebody ran around with a launcher. Even the tanks were redundant, since you were just a bigger target just as easily destroyed. At least with the missile pod, you have to disadvantage yourself with its weight, lack of melee, and lack of secondary weapon to use the lock-on.

The problem I find is, on maps like High Ground, someone can grab the ghost and just keep running over the enemies until someone can get a nicely placed grenade or they mess up and get stuck on something long enough for the opposing team to kill them. Same with the warthog on Valhalla. 2 guys in that can mess up a round real quick if somebody wastes the missle pod. That turret is a [bleep], plus you can splatter people fairly easily and if you're on big team battle it's so easy it's not even funny. Just to prove my point to some guy, my bro and I went on one hell of a spree and pissed off most of the other team. It was probably the shortest BTB round I've played. Lock-on rockets could seriously reduce that problem. The biggest problem though is the banshees on Valhalla. That is the worst. They just hang back and when the spot a target they slaughter them. About the only way to combat that is a warthog and you take a high risk of dieing anyways. Again, lock-on rockets could reduce the killing sprees I've seen people go on in banshees. I honestly don't mind things like the mongoose or the warthog without a turret because they're nice for getting yourself and teammates around quick, but throw in a nasty wepon and you've got a beast on your hands. Plus, how much fun is it to get killed by some idiot who doesn't hardly need any skill to control his wepon? The only wepon I use is the assault rifle (aside from shotty/snipers or team rockets) and I do well with just that. I know how much faster the round could be over if I got a good gunner and we grabbed a warthog, but what fun is that? Gimme some lock-on rockets and get those vehicles blown up, then we can have a good match.

full hayabusa armor plus sniper ftw?

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png