Tutorial Island: Should it be optional?

hybrid2hell

So, many people say that tutorial island should be optional. Im kind of on the fence for this. If tutorial island was optional, then stuff like making new accounts would be much faster. Unfortunatly, it would be faster for autoers too. What are your thoughts on this?

Post away :)

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's an important step.

Not only does it slow down autoing accounts a significant amount; be honest when you started would you have done it if it was opional?

Personally I would have not done it as I had no intention of playing to a large degree... I would have been lost in the game and would probaly have quite far before I became a member. That would be ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã34.40 for 3 years (and running) and I am just one customer!

Jagex would probaly lose money without the island.

sig2webzx7.jpg

It doesn't make the autoers' life harder, don't be so silly. They have bots to complete the tutorial for them, they don't even have to look or give a care about it.

2480+ total

While Jagex doesn't mind you creating new accounts all that much, don't take that nonchalance so far as to say that Tut Island should be removed to suit the "needs" of people who create new accounts like it's an OCD. What's wrong with just 1 account?

I used to have that previously mentioned OCD. I think most people go through that phase. I would always make a new account once it got too boring to level an old one. I think it keeps giving people a feeling of accomplishment once they gain like 10 levels in 20 minutes on a new account.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I believe that Tutorial Island should not be optional, it should be mandatory because it slows down autoers and new players would become more of a newb by asking basic things to other players that they would have learnt in tut island.

All in all tutorial island is good :)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

No it's an important step.

Not only does it slow down autoing accounts a significant amount; be honest when you started would you have done it if it was opional?

Personally I would have not done it as I had no intention of playing to a large degree... I would have been lost in the game and would probaly have quite far before I became a member. That would be ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã34.40 for 3 years (and running) and I am just one customer!

Jagex would probaly lose money without the island.

Agreed, i also think there should be a tutorial island for when you become a member as well. This will only need to be done the first time you become a member. But i think its needed.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Tutorial Island is definitely needed and therefore should be mandatory. As mentioned, it slows autoers (even if just a bit) and teaches the basics, as well.

Agreed, i also think there should be a tutorial island for when you become a member as well. This will only need to be done the first time you become a member. But i think its needed.
That is actually a good idea, though not the first time I have seen it.

Thats actually a great idea. When I became a member I had no idea what to do.

Tutorial island for when you become a member would be great. I doubt new members know much about leveling herblore, slayer, hunter ect.

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I've been wanting too make a skiller but i just didn't wanna do tutorial island. But if they made it optional autoers would make more accounts. Maybe they should put a limit 4 accounts made per IP adress maybe like 5 per IP?

98% of the Tip.it Community has a signature. If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, put this in your... aww crap.....

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Like I said, why should Tutorial Island be removed to please those that just want to skip it on a new account they made? The fact that you already know how to play and just making another account doesn't entitle you to skipping it. RuneScape isn't meant to be played with more than 1 account, and so if you make another do another account, it will be treated as if it was your first and only account.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

All the arguments against this can be fixed easily:

To skip tutorial island, you have to put in the user name and password of an account you own that has already completed it. That way everybody does it at least once, and if a macro does it, they have their accounts linked together so when they get caught, they all get banned.

All the arguments against this can be fixed easily:

To skip tutorial island, you have to put in the user name and password of an account you own that has already completed it. That way everybody does it at least once, and if a macro does it, they have their accounts linked together so when they get caught, they all get banned.

and have it so you can only bypass tutorial island once per week per account.

nh.jpg

I think it shouldn't be optional. If you think about this...

When a person makes a new account with the same email as the last one, it should give the option.

If not, off to TI they go.

~R.O.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I think it shouldn't be optional. If you think about this...

When a person makes a new account with the same email as the last one, it should give the option.

If not, off to TI they go.

~R.O.

Agreed.

Or you could make it so that you can go back to tutorial island, of course you won't gain any exp, otherwise it would be far too easy to train combat - you never die there.

NO WAY!

I would have been so lost without it. It shows the fundementals of runescape without it would u know how to run?

Also it would make macros soooooooooooo easy to make.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

NO WAY!

I would have been so lost without it. It shows the fundementals of runescape without it would u know how to run?

Also it would make macros soooooooooooo easy to make.

Did you even read my post?

I'm half and half. I would like it optional but then more bots and noobs coming out of the wazoo (wth is a wazoo idk)

Its your [wagon].

And why would you want to axe tutorial island anyway? If nothing else you can get a couple quick levels since everying is so easy to get.

triforceelf.png

This wouldn't be very good at all. Tutorial Island shows the basic fundamentals of RuneScape. Without it, new players would be completely lost.

Not only that, but there will be more autoers. They would multiply crazily.

j0xPu5R.png