New Best Training Food! (also pg 4 for karambwan strategies)

wakka102

Jagex will fix it eventually to make the price higher or make them heal less hp. They won't screw f2p fishers because they will get many complaints.

But these are p2p, so f2p market wouldnt be affected so much. Members wouldnt buy lobs from them, but F2p ppl will still buy. Maybe the demand would get a little affected, but not enought to make it crash.

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow nice!

Alot of things will have to be adjusted it might ruin monkfish :cry:

Hopefully it won't ruin the raw monkfish market, players still want a cheaper method for getting cooking exp.

But for me it's High HP food > Cost for food. So this choc bomb won't bother me much.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Sounds like the food market is going down the drain even further, like it wasn't "hurt" enough by all kinds of other updates that made food less and less necessary throughout the past years (i.e. guthan etc).

Has anyone notice if you have completed Tai Bwo Wannai Trio you can buy raw karambwan and cook them. They heal 18 health and they only cost 100gp...
Where at? I found a spot that sold cooked karambwan but its so far from a bank than its utterly useless.

Has anyone notice if you have completed Tai Bwo Wannai Trio you can buy raw karambwan and cook them. They heal 18 health and they only cost 100gp...
Where at? I found a spot that sold cooked karambwan but its so far from a bank than its utterly useless.

Yea it's really far from a bank, but I think it's still worth it. Ive been using them for barrows for a long time now. There great.

@peterfisher

~ Proud member of Mystic Chaos~

Yeah Jagex will find out soon enough and nerf the price, probably make it a little more than lobbies or a little less than monks. Or they'll remove them completely like the Warrior Guild potatoes. Jagex aren't the type to help us out THAT much :(

brontay.jpg

Al+Bronte.png

Maybe they changed it, but gnome food used to have a long delay between eating. Like,

you eat one and it takes twice as long before you can eat another one.

^^^^

jagex might not nerf them for that reason \'

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

Argh i missed all the good things that got taken out :( Why did i miss the day of the release >

:twisted: YoUr UnDeR ArReSt AnYtHiNg YoU SaY WiLl Be MiSqUoTeD AnD UsEd AgAiNsT YoU :twisted:

Pawan.png

Maybe they changed it, but gnome food used to have a long delay between eating. Like,

you eat one and it takes twice as long before you can eat another one.

^^^^

jagex might not nerf them for that reason \'

that delay is not noticeable unless your dharoking... its not really that slow. its fine. expect i havent tried eating 2 at once

the way I see it...

Monkfish =

Fishing exp

cooking exp

free

Chocolate Bombs =

Costs gp

no exp

1 less hp restore

I think I'll stick with monks, however this gnome food is without a doubt a very good alternative.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

the way I see it...

Monkfish =

Fishing exp

cooking exp

free

Chocolate Bombs =

Costs gp

no exp

1 less hp restore

I think I'll stick with monks, however this gnome food is without a doubt a very good alternative.

monks = 320 gp each roughly sometimes more.

monks cant be fished by every1

monks do burn at times.

these are half price of monks and are quick to bank.

Pretty cool, i'll use them and sell my lobs :P

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

Assuming they haven't been changed since I did MM, which is very much so possible from the ammount of time, there are three major set backs that I can see about these.

Firstly, back when I did MM (and I remember it becausly it nearly costed me a d long I earnt by picking flax :lol: ) I used choc bombs for healing, and when I ate them there was a second or two delay between the eat and the heal. For this reason this isn't exactly what you'd want to take to DK's, PKing, KQ and so on. However it still remains a good training food.

This part I'm not so sure, but it may take some time to actually buy these from the shop. They are unstackable and therefore that means running there and back 27 choc bombs at a time. Doesn't really appeal, and the richer players out there should just buy monks if their going for a 99 with minimal fuss about it.

Lastly, the "free" method obtaining these is very slow experience and very slow production, this makes buying them premade the only effecient option, lest you enjoy running around in the trees hours on end to make a few hundred training-only foods.

Lets take monks for example, or any other fish. Say you want 5k monks to train your stats up in general, we can go about it multiple ways, we could buy 4k, fish 1k, buy half raw, half cooked, buy them all or fish all but those that you can afford. With choc bombs there's one way you could go about it, buy all of them pre-made. For those interested in fishing and/or cooking exp this is something you should consider when choosing between the two.

Nevertheless for many people this remains a great source of training food, there's no denieing that (well, Jagex can deny it with a nerf :wink: ).

Just wanted people to know that they aren't perfect and that their not going to overthrow the fishing economy (or anything like that), though they may dent it.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

To test out members about 2 months ago on my friends account (I was with him at his house, he gave me permission to play it) I was saying, I want to make some gnome cuisine. His cooking level was 70+ so I made over 160. They're great! Infact, he made them before this, because of me!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

the way I see it...

Monkfish =

Fishing exp

cooking exp

free

Chocolate Bombs =

Costs gp

no exp

1 less hp restore

not exactly a valid comparison since I'm comparing prices of the finished product, if you fish it you'reself thats fine.

Also, you can buy about 1-2k of these an hour, its really fast and I mean REALLY fast.

Where do they sell these?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8