New Best Training Food! (also pg 4 for karambwan strategies)

wakka102

Where can i buy?

Gnome Tree.

Tele to cammy,

go to fishing guild,

Continue going west,

Across the bridge

Keep going till your inbetween two fences,

You'll end up at a gate with gnomes

Go through it

Go north,

You'll find the entrance, you'll start to go upwards on a hill,

Go through the doors

Up the ladder

Go to the west

You'll see the gnome cuisine icon at the northwest/northeast depending how far west you went.

Buy X

Bank X

Repeat the last two steps.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, there is another good type of food that can be purchased. Cooked and Raw Karambwan. The raws can be purchased from a man in a house at Tai Bwannai but there is not a very effective way to bank.

The best way to bank the raws is to buy an inventory, walk to the CKR fairy ring (right behind the town) then walk to the bank once you're back at the main fairy ring. It's not incredibly quick but they are raw so you can get cooking xp as well as they heal 18 hp ea, are instant heal, and are around 150gp (I think, I dont remember for sure).

The best cooked Karambwan are locked at a food stall that is in the pub right next to the agility training arena. There are several ways to bank this one:

1.) use the cart/tele to shilo, bank, walk back, repeat

2.) tele to ardougne, bank, walk back, repeat

3.) put you're house at brimhaven and go inside there and use you're butler to bank (the house spot is 1 building away from the food spot).

Hope this helps those who want some better/cheap food that take a little bit more effort to get :o .

The best training food in the game is an armour set :roll: . And for those few Slayer tasks I do need food for, I just use the monkfish I got from training fishing. I hardly fish at all, and still I have several K's of monkfish in my bank I will never use.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

wakka thanks for the karabwan tips!! fantastic

edit: cooked karambwan cost 460 gp ea. not very cheap.

Considering that's about 90gp more than a monkfish for 2 less hits healed, and 540gp less than a shark for two more hits healed, I still believe that it's a very fine training food indeed for that price.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

the way I see it...

Monkfish =

Fishing exp

cooking exp

free

Chocolate Bombs =

Costs gp

no exp

1 less hp restore

I think I'll stick with monks, however this gnome food is without a doubt a very good alternative.

monks = 320 gp each roughly sometimes more.

monks cant be fished by every1

monks do burn at times.

these are half price of monks and are quick to bank.

If you had actually read his post, you would notice that he mentions that he wants the experience points also. He obviously does not buy his monks, he fishes them.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Also, there is another good type of food that can be purchased. Cooked and Raw Karambwan. The raws can be purchased from a man in a house at Tai Bwannai but there is not a very effective way to bank.

The best way to bank the raws is to buy an inventory, walk to the CKR fairy ring (right behind the town) then walk to the bank once you're back at the main fairy ring. It's not incredibly quick but they are raw so you can get cooking xp as well as they heal 18 hp ea, are instant heal, and are around 150gp (I think, I dont remember for sure).

The best cooked Karambwan are locked at a food stall that is in the pub right next to the agility training arena. There are several ways to bank this one:

3.) put you're house at brimhaven and go inside there and use you're butler to bank (the house spot is 1 building away from the food spot).

Hope this helps those who want some better/cheap food that take a little bit more effort to get :o .

Instead of walking to the fairy bank, would it be faster to use the ring to get to edgeville, and bank from there? :-k

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

When eating cooked karambwan, do they instantly heal hp like fish do or do you have to wait about half a second for the healing effect to take place like premade chocolate bombs?

Thanks for the food tips too wakka. :thumbsup:

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Instead of walking to the fairy bank, would it be faster to use the ring to get to edgeville, and bank from there? :-k
Definitely not. The Edgeville fairy ring is a lot farther from a bank than the main one in Zanaris is.

When eating cooked karambwan, do they instantly heal hp like fish do or do you have to wait about half a second for the healing effect to take place like premade chocolate bombs?
They heal instantly :) .

i heard the price went up to like 420 ea, havent checked it myself yet thou

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

If you had actually read his post, you would notice that he mentions that he wants the experience points also. He obviously does not buy his monks, he fishes them.

perhaps it is you who did not read my post. i mean i even stated examples of things. but why bother? can you even read?

LK1

last i check it wasnt.(this morning) and i think they have to do a system update to change that(not sure) and i didnt have to load a new system yet.

well, it's a lot faster to buy and bank 1k choc bombs than it is to buy 1k cooked monks on the forums, 1 hour and i managed to get just over 2k choc bombs.

i'll be using these at the barrows, no more paying 350ea for monks! \'

the delay between eating and healing is really negligible, its only going to be a problem if you're using them in some place like the DK lair or GWD, and you should be using sharks or better there.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

The best training food in the game is an armour set :roll: . And for those few Slayer tasks I do need food for, I just use the monkfish I got from training fishing. I hardly fish at all, and still I have several K's of monkfish in my bank I will never use.

Not everyone can use guthans or wants to seeing as it gives def exp no matter which style you use so it simply isnt an option for everyone.

Not everyone likes fishing either, and not all people that fish have done swan song or choose to fish monkfish.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

That's cool! Do they affect any of your stats when you drink them? (Other than heal you, that is.)
I ate a few, I think they just heal you. But I mean, this is revolutionary! this pretty much kicks lobsters off of the p2p market. The only use they have now would be for f2pers once the word gets around about bombs.

well, it will only kick cooked lobs of the p2p market... lobs will still rule in f2p ("rule" lol)

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

perhaps it is you who did not read my post. i mean i even stated examples of things. but why bother? can you even read?

LK1

last i check it wasnt.(this morning) and i think they have to do a system update to change that(not sure) and i didnt have to load a new system yet.

i just checked personaly and raw karambwan has indeed gone up in price, 440 ea(directly from the brother that is)

want me to post a proof pic?

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

The gnome waiter at the grand tree right next to the bank sells Premade Chocolate Bombs in the main stash! They are 160 ea and heal 15 hp! That is one less hit points than monkfish and is cheaper than lobsters! There is absolutely nobody here buying them up so I thought I'd make a post on it so people would take notice of this. I think tis awesome :D .

ACTUALLY jagex nerfed them because bots started coming and buying them....and unlimited amount! so this thread is dead

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

The gnome waiter at the grand tree right next to the bank sells Premade Chocolate Bombs in the main stash! They are 160 ea and heal 15 hp! That is one less hit points than monkfish and is cheaper than lobsters! There is absolutely nobody here buying them up so I thought I'd make a post on it so people would take notice of this. I think tis awesome :D .

ACTUALLY jagex nerfed them because bots started coming and buying them....and unlimited amount! so this thread is dead

I just went there and they're still 160 each. And there is still an unlimited supply. This thread is not dead. :roll:

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

lol did no one see the post I made earlier in your guide about Karambwan. =D>

@ garados, umm we were refering to the ones you must cook, they cost around 100gp, I don't even know where you can buy cooked ones.

@ 22woger22, yep the heal instantly, just like fish.

@peterfisher

~ Proud member of Mystic Chaos~

lol did no one see the post I made earlier in your guide about Karambwan. =D>

@ garados, umm we were refering to the ones you must cook, they cost around 100gp, I don't even know where you can buy cooked ones.

@ 22woger22, yep the heal instantly, just like fish.

*points to my last post* raw = 440 each

LK1

What's different now? :|

I noticed this with only gnome food, none of the others. If you click any gnome food but the first, your character will eat the first as long as they are the same type. So if you need to eat, say, 3 in one go, just keep clicking the last one until you eat all 3 ::'

At least thats how it was when I did it, maybe they changed it. I don't know if it's a bug, so I never used it.