OMG - left half is worth nothing!!!

Cryptogram

People now buying d square shields for 750k! World 2, 3rd Oct 07

Left half is worthless as a drop. XP only if you get one!

What?!

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!

It isn't worthless you can only buy one half from the store u have to get the other half from a drop. Also people are just trying to lower price. Realistically the price won't change that much.

Hameigh.png

What?!

It isn't worthless you can only buy one half from the store u have to get the other half from a drop. Also people are just trying to lower price. Realistically the price won't change that much.

You don't get it.

The right half alone in the Legend guild shop is 750k,

so he is saying that if you get a left half drop you make no profit since the whole shield is 750k anyway

Stephleref.png

Well, as the only Dragon drop I've ever had, it's staying in my bank for posterity.

Especially as I'd never use it. It's rubbish, really.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Yes Dragon Left Piece is very rare. Why are people lame enough to sell it for free?

The buying price is 750k, the selling price is almost always higher; and sometimes much higher. I can see one possible theory: The dragon sheild is currently in a state of unstableness; prices are fluctuating and the buying and selling prices usually have a large gap between them.

Besides, it's world 2, the best place for rip-off prices and stubborn buyers. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Yeah that's true Mario_Sunny. Did get like Dragon Boots for like 450k lol.

Also I might add this sheild/defensive weapon could have caused this.

Rune Defender & Dragon Fire Sheild.

I now see people say "Yuck" at a Dragon Sq.

Well since most people either got a Defender of a DFS.

Also W2 is a rip off

They are 900k-1M at selling prices.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

My only dragon drop ever was a left half.

I couldn't find anyone to buy it so I just ended up buying the right half and making my own shield. For a rare drop, it doesn't seem to be worth much at all -.-

K_G_Is_Me.png

I don't really have any objection with the price in regards to the stats on the shield itself - if you take out the fact that left halves are so rare, 900-1m is an appropriate, if not expensive, price for a d sq. However, I concede that the rarity level is ridiculous. I'm relatively sure that it's rarer than a visage, but look at the price between the two.

I suppose there isn't much that can be done on Jagex's end, as the drop rate has been the same for what, 4 years? And since a d sq is still the best shield on classic, to change the drop rate on RS2 would be to completely isolate it from its origin.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

I saw people sell left halves for 100k gp. Indeed the price of d square shields has dropped due to the dragonfire shield, barrows armour, defenders and the popular obsidian shield (even though the last one is even less defensive than a rune kite, many people are obsessed with its strength bonus).

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

After dragon kite comes out then everyone will drop their Dsq...

Its such a rare drop but so worthless... why?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Only people who concentrate far too much on their defence stats care about the Dragon Square. It's far easier to gain a high defence stat through about four or five pieces of armour than it is to gain a high attack/strength stat through one weapon. Therefore, many people decide to sacrifice one of their armour spots for an attack promoting shield - i.e. the rune defender, the obby shield or a two-handed Barrows weapon or Dragon halberd or two-hander. When you have Dharrock's with as higher stats as they have, there's just no need for a Dragon Square compared to the need to increase attack stats, so the demand falls, and prices drop.

Many people also take the attitude of, "Well, having as high a defence stat as possible is wise, but surely if you can kill the opponent quicker than they can kill you, you'll win anyway?". It's the old attack vs. defence argument.

The Dragon fire shield was just the final nail in the coffin for it.

I got my 1st ever dragon drop which was a square in early 2005 whern they were worth MILLIONS, but I'll never sell it. It's my most sentimental item and I'd trade my bank for it. I only ever wear it on occasions like parties etc.

People are too greedy nowadays.

squidprobanditkiller2gb8.png

92/94 magic

88/90 ranged

82/90 prayer

however rare d left half is, u do realise that unlike visage, onyl available from high lvl monsters, d lefthalf is dropped by monsters such as desert lizards, earth elementals, mossgiants etc. ( i heard somewhere any mosters that can drop gems can drop d left half?)

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

I agree with the people that say that dfire, defenders and obby shield are responsible for its demise. Of those three, I would say that the defenders are by far the most responsible, as they are pretty easy to get, have a nice strength bonus, and even nicer, have an att bonus too. I have had 2 left half drops, but have never worn my dsq as I prefer the extra offensive capability. I think that this is true for most players now.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

they weren't exactly worth much of anything at 1.2m (or whatever they were before). It doesn't really matter though, just don't go hunting for one. If you happen to get a left half drop its always neat but it doesn't count for a lot now days.