Where are the boss monsters?

Nazgul740

That's exactly the challenge. It's not like you can step into the KBD liar, or the Kalphite Queen's liar, and just take them on... You have to prepare beforehand.

Put your Guthans on, some mage-boosting gear and withdraw a combination of saras, restores and antis. What a challenge.

This is the main reason I quit, once you get to a high level there's nothing you can do that isn't grinding. The Fire cape is the only thing that actually requires some skill (or a friend you trust with your account :roll: ).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the main reason I quit, once you get to a high level there's nothing you can do that isn't grinding.

I do tire of hearing this old whine. If I were such a statistical beast that no npc in Runescape presented a challenge for me, I'd figure it was time to head for the wildy.

punitivedsig.png

Put your Guthans on, some mage-boosting gear and withdraw a combination of saras, restores and antis. What a challenge.

Uh huh. Try that solo at the KQ and see how long you last.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This is the main reason I quit, once you get to a high level there's nothing you can do that isn't grinding.

I do tire of hearing this old whine. If I were such a statistical beast that no npc in Runescape presented a challenge for me, I'd figure it was time to head for the wildy.

Or go castlewars, that will show you theres plenty of challenge left that being high level won't help you.

Just commenting, already made my point erlier in topic :thumbsup:

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you havn't, you should probably get WoW.

I was saying the exact same thing to myself this morning. :|

Guess that is why I got myself WoW which I like more, don't judge me!

Boss monsters were my final challenge and well. I did them all before I have hitted 99 combat! Dagganoth prime / supreme being the last of them.

They are quite easy (except jad.. takes some more skill) if you know what you have to do. If you want a challenge, try doing it without the best gear for the situation. Dagganoths are a lot harder if you don't pull away Rex and just triple slay them with a large group. !!

In WoW you actually need a team in most cases. There is always a challenge. Unless you take a higher level with you, it remains rather though. A boss which can mind-control a player was kind of tricky and after 3 wipes, we called it a day. (wipe = group death) Another instance there we got wiped 2x and gave up.

They said, you aren't strong enough for KQ to me, I showed them wrong. Took the right gear, right inventory.. heck I owned the KQ :D

They said, you aren't strong enough to kill Rex. Heck, proving I could at combat 86! Right gear, right inventory again!

They said I couldn't do a lot. But it doesn't really require skill. It requires time and the right equipment. And just a fraction of skill really.

So if you want a challenge, cut down on time and equipment. Or try the following

--> Daganoth 2 man entrance, 1 soloing Supreme, 1 soloing rex. Keeping prime on the mage, which keeps mage prayer on. Now there is a challenge!! (which I did at 91 combat with another 99)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Or go castlewars, that will show you theres plenty of challenge left that being high level won't help you.

Just commenting, already made my point erlier in topic :thumbsup:

I don't think Cw's is that much of a reward though... for fun on occasion i do go and play... But for actually something that a person can use... eh not much...

As for the wildy that and dueling is all i really do now... I stink at both though lol.... - 12m in duel winning :ohnoes:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Perhaps Runescape could use a monster with more than 255 HP to ensure a longer fight.

But really, it becomes hard to provide players with huge challenges after they've player 100-1000's of hours.

Multi player boss fights aren't the solution, tell me where is the challenge for YOU when other players makes the mistakes?

Personally, i think that more and more monster have to use more than 1 or 2 combat styles and be much more random. Putting the combat triangle to the max.

phata_elise.png

The answer to your question simply is; There aren't any.

But I can agree with you that the game would need more boss monsters. Maybe like some really hard dragon in an anti-magic, anti-prayer zone with no safespots and only singlecombat? Well, I don't know, but I would like it if Jagex added some more hard monsters. Not for myself, since I'm only combat 88 at the moment, but for other RS players who have a higher combat level and don't think that the current monsters are hard enough.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Sheesh...

You can make your own difficulty if you're so set to die <.<

Go to smokey well attack a dust devil without facemask and you're on.

Or do jad without prayer :uhh:

But they could do more bosses like the Penance Queen, I think it has a nice challenge for the first few times. Make a few changes and it will be challenging for years to come

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Go play WoW?

Nah still need to share between 25 ppl lol...

If you are 126 combat then really the boss are easy

Try using 1 def pures

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/