Where are the boss monsters?

Nazgul740

Ok so, I've been playing some other games then runescape lately and I really have to ask... Where are runescapes boss monsters...?

Kq, Daggs, Kbd, Godchampions, barrow brothers, ect they all require two things... prayer and awareness... Unless you lose connection, don't bring a tele or are brain dead there is no way to die at these places...

Honestly who says to themselves... "oh, i've got 49 hps, dharoks max is 50 ill fight him without prayer!"

Or say, "oh darn there goes my prayer and no pots left... I guess ill just sit here and not tele"

Runescape has so much grinding in it that we don't even relize that the boss monsters are just more and more grinding!! Where is my challenge... Where is the monster that people go to takeing a huge risk to fight? Where are the no prayer zones, the antimagic fields... the lairs without safe spots?? Where are the HUGE teams required to kill just one boss once?

Where is the risk, the thrill of the fight? Oh attacks with melee, boop turns on prayer! :XD:

Sure mithril dragons were a semi step in the right direction but it isnt multi-combat, and they still aren't that dangerious with the right set up...

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God wars dunguen? :-s

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

If you havn't, you should probably get WoW.

I was saying the exact same thing to myself this morning. :|

Don't you have to like spend 5 hours a day for a few days to kill those? :P Not sure you want to spend that much of your free time doing it.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

1: The challenge is in the preperation, making sure all your gear is ready. And some of the bosses DO require teams, maybe not of hundreds, but at least 4 or 5 to kill, mainly the daggy kings and GWD bosses.

2: Tbh, if you really have a burning desire to fight bosses that require teams of 80+, go waste your money on WoW...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

But in most other MMORPGs ive played that have these monsters you dont lose items that take weeks/months to obtain. Ok so in some you lose exp, but that can be gained back in minutes. With runescape making you only keep 3/4 items max it would be a bit harsh to have something that makes you die in two hits. Also runescape only lets you carry 28 food that heals around 20 each without consequences (excluding brews because of the stat reduction). Other games you can carry hundreds of potions etc that can heal you quarters of your hp at a time. So in runescape if you were being hit regular 30's there would be no way of winning which is generally no fun, which in turn means nobody will really go.

Edit:

Also in other MMORPG's, the reward for killing boss monsters is a ton of exp from the killing, but with rs's combat system it would'nt really work to well. For exaple in others, you can hit constant high numbers, there isnt a defence level on the monster involved as much, so you hit less 0's etc. But in runescape, high level generally means high defence so you would be barely hitting, lowering the reward.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

hm..boss monsters were made for team killing.

THESE EXAMPLES ARE THE PLAYER WITH NO ITEMS ON

on a 1 v 1, the boss is supposed to kill the player with ease. in a 2 v 1, the boss is still winning. but with a team of 500 people, the boss is toast. Why? sheer numbers, no strategy

for my next example, is a more profitable example

a team of 3 people go dagganoth kings, wearing ideal equipment and such . that means that each player is 'sorta' 1 v 1'ing them. plus loads of spinolyps. in theory, their screwed right?

wrong

because of team planning (what each member should do at what time), what items to use, and where to stand, the team is successfull in killing the monsters more than once, gaining their loot and teleporting out.

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg

Yea in this aspect WoW is much better then Runescape.

The reason why the bosses in RS are much easier is because no boss in runescape has more then erm what 255hp?

Dont tell me im wrong because im sure im not :P

Ok u can argue that KQ has more then 255hp because it has 2 forms wich makes it 2x255.

It looks like the script jagex is using cant get more then 255hp.

The only way jagex can make the boss monster harder is putting multiple monsters in 1 room like they did with the GWD en Dagannoth king lair.

Yea in this aspect WoW is much better then Runescape.

The reason why the bosses in RS are much easier is because no boss in runescape has more then erm what 255hp?

Dont tell me im wrong because im sure im not :P

Ok u can argue that KQ has more then 255hp because it has 2 forms wich makes it 2x255.

It looks like the script jagex is using cant get more then 255hp.

The only way jagex can make the boss monster harder is putting multiple monsters in 1 room like they did with the GWD en Dagannoth king lair.

it does look like the max hp is 255, the zammy gwd boss has 255 too :o

soldersig.jpg

I think they are also trying to do that with boss monsters during quests. Take for example the Barrelchest, you don't get to use prayer with him, if you do, he knocks you for a loop. I also believe they are trying to get around prayers by doing more than one attacks at a time or multiple monsters attacking at one time or in a row.

Another thing to consider is the average level in Runescape. Before this summer, before a lot of high leveled updates, people complained because Jagex saw that the average level was below our expectations. Let's say the average level of woodcutting is 60, and you have 80. If Jagex makes a lot of things around the lvl 60 range, you would think that it is no good, that is because you are already past that level. What about all those that are still trying to get to that level, they think it is a high leveled update. I guess it's the general mindset you have with what levels you have which gives you your answer to whether you think something is hard or easy. I personally would get knocked around at Daggy Kings still, then again, I don't have the correct armor for it. :XD:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Maybe just take out prayer at god wars leave it mutlicombat and you got yourself a boss or two.

But yes they're way too easy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If Jagex really did make the bosses harder, they would have to increase the drop rates of the good items by a whole ton, because unless you amassed like 50 people to go swarm the boss, you could only kill 1-2 bosses a round.

As for me, I'm fine with it the way it is. Sure, the bosses aren't much of a challenge if you know what to do, but you can't slack off at all, miss one prayer on jad and you're basically dead. Forget to turn mage prayer on when fighting prime or melee when fighting general graardor, and you're basically a goner.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Runescape has so much grinding in it that we don't even relize that the boss monsters are just more and more grinding!!

As I recall, the other games have a lot of grinding too, often more than Runescape.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I think the main problem with including super-powered boss monsters in runescape is the simple fact that, in runescape, the price of death is so high. Unlike in some games, where you only lose around a few hours worth of exp, in runescape you can lose millions and millions worth of equipment from a single death which can take days, or even weeks to replace.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts