Where are the boss monsters?

Nazgul740

I think jad is hard enough..

But the fact that you can kill him without getting hit for 1hp if your aware makes him simple, the healers are the only thing hard about killing him.

I agree runescapes boss monsters arent very tough but you have to be equipped in the right kind of gear to fight them, like you cant go ranging kq with bronze bolts or fire striking dks, god wars dungeon does have some hard bosses though.

This game isnt entirely about fighting like WOW is because of all the skills that dont involve combat.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem with including super-powered boss monsters in runescape is the simple fact that, in runescape, the price of death is so high. Unlike in some games, where you only lose around a few hours worth of exp, in runescape you can lose millions and millions worth of equipment from a single death which can take days, or even weeks to replace.

Risk vs. Reward... if the item is worth enough is good enough and useful then no matter how much people have to risk... they will go and kill that monster...

Say a ring or something that boosts the minimum hit (the lowest you can hit, ever) by 1 or even 2... No more 0's ever... I dunno about you but in the long run that would make a huge difference and I would pay a handsome amount for something like that....

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Jagex needs to add 'party' drops, where a group of people kills a monster in a multi-zone and each of the group members get something. That, and a better experience system.

Of course, this could be used just in special bosses.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Jagex needs to add 'party' drops, where a group of people kills a monster in a multi-zone and each of the group members get something. That, and a better experience system.

Of course, this could be used just in special bosses.

Also this month, we will be adding support for those players who play the game in organised groups or clans. In this case, we are offering a better means of distributing loot amongst your team: the 'Shared Loot' system. This is designed to be an extension of the Clan Chat channels. Each item drop recorded while signed into the 'Shared Loot' system will be allocated randomly to anyone within the group, regardless of how much damage the individual did to the creature. Anyone who does not get many drops will find that the drops balance out over a longer period of time. Of course, this system is entirely optional, so you can still group-fight just as you did before. We hope that using it will provide a safer, fairer way of sharing out your treasure during your next run to the Dagannoth Kings or Kalphite Queen!

Kind of like what you stated and it's being released this month. They say it balances over time, so only time can tell. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

What they need is a very tough boss monster that is incredibly difficult to kill, but each person who deals over 25 damage to it gets a drop. The drops would all be part of one very powerful piece of equipment and be somewhat common, but you would need 4-5 very high level skills to assemble it, and it would be nontradable.

td2sig.jpg

Just take a super set, p pot, some items needed to get to the boss, the rest of your inventory of sharks, and you're good to go. *goes to the dungeon with you and takes your items from your corpse* :wink:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

Go solo the Chaos elemental, write down all that he drops and all what you drop.

Good luck

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

But in most other MMORPGs ive played that have these monsters you dont lose items that take weeks/months to obtain. Ok so in some you lose exp, but that can be gained back in minutes. With runescape making you only keep 3/4 items max it would be a bit harsh to have something that makes you die in two hits. Also runescape only lets you carry 28 food that heals around 20 each without consequences (excluding brews because of the stat reduction). Other games you can carry hundreds of potions etc that can heal you quarters of your hp at a time. So in runescape if you were being hit regular 30's there would be no way of winning which is generally no fun, which in turn means nobody will really go.

Edit:

Also in other MMORPG's, the reward for killing boss monsters is a ton of exp from the killing, but with rs's combat system it would'nt really work to well. For exaple in others, you can hit constant high numbers, there isnt a defence level on the monster involved as much, so you hit less 0's etc. But in runescape, high level generally means high defence so you would be barely hitting, lowering the reward.

True, But those monsters are almost 100000x harder to kill than any of the monsters on runescape... you gotta be really good.. a mistake could mess up your entire team.. Its like pking.. where alot of it is dependant on the leader.. if he screws up the entire team is screwed.. in Wow or other rpgs.. your individual task is alone hard enough..

1074th to 99 Hunter

But in most other MMORPGs ive played that have these monsters you dont lose items that take weeks/months to obtain. Ok so in some you lose exp, but that can be gained back in minutes. With runescape making you only keep 3/4 items max it would be a bit harsh to have something that makes you die in two hits. Also runescape only lets you carry 28 food that heals around 20 each without consequences (excluding brews because of the stat reduction). Other games you can carry hundreds of potions etc that can heal you quarters of your hp at a time. So in runescape if you were being hit regular 30's there would be no way of winning which is generally no fun, which in turn means nobody will really go.

Edit:

Also in other MMORPG's, the reward for killing boss monsters is a ton of exp from the killing, but with rs's combat system it would'nt really work to well. For exaple in others, you can hit constant high numbers, there isnt a defence level on the monster involved as much, so you hit less 0's etc. But in runescape, high level generally means high defence so you would be barely hitting, lowering the reward.

True, But those monsters are almost 100000x harder to kill than any of the monsters on runescape... you gotta be really good.. a mistake could mess up your entire team.. Its like pking.. where alot of it is dependant on the leader.. if he screws up the entire team is screwed.. in Wow or other rpgs.. your individual task is alone hard enough..

Exactly. In the level 70 instances in WoW, one person (say, your healer) makes a mistake and dies, then your team gets wiped. Also, most of high level instances can only be done once in a given time period and take around three to six hours to complete.

td2sig.jpg

In a game like WoW, the death penalty isn't as harsh as a Runescape's, so you're expected to die against a tough opponent. But runescape has a "Die-and-lose-nearly-all-of-your-items" death penalty, so runescape has to really lower the risk of dieing than WoWs risk of dieing.

Oh and there are some quest boss monsters which you can't use prayers.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

In a game like WoW, the death penalty isn't as harsh as a Runescape's, so you're expected to die against a tough opponent. But runescape has a "Die-and-lose-nearly-all-of-your-items" death penalty, so runescape has to really lower the risk of dieing than WoWs risk of dieing.

Oh and there are some quest boss monsters which you can't use prayers.

Like the previously mentioned Barrelchest. He, however, is a fairly easy fight.

Super set+a couple of sharks = me with an anchor.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

I found him quite challanging at 115 combat. :oops:

But I had sharks and no super sets, so...

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Perhaps other games got better bosses than RS, but those games don't have you losing your stuff if you die :wink:

yes that is a good point, on wow if you die its no biggie on rs if you die it is

they are boss monsters, the definition of a boss monster is a boss, :-s

dagonoth KINGS

but saying tht i do understand, its just the way people fight them. i think of a boss as something many people have to fight, but as always them types of bosses some smart alec at some point or other finds a way of soloing

i think your mindset is too wow (insert other generic mmorpg name here). to tackle your issue we would need to ask, why isnt rs a copy of wow?

The very simple and single reason that there is no real "boss" monster is that our characters are too fragile to have any real fight like that.

99 hp max (a bit more with a sara brew)

Hits from current boss monsters that can take away at least 50% of our health

and the only source of healing, food, a maximum of which can heal only 22% of our health.

If you want real bosses, go play WoW because their combat system is built around raiding and teams, unlike Runescape.

If there huge teams were needed to kill one boss once with loads of supplies, its drop would have to be super good, super rare, and this drop's market price would be massively inflated. The way you're talking, it wiould hugely harder to get than even the godswords, and would have to be better as well. Therefore this item would start out at prices such as 200 m. Do you really think this is a good thing?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

As for me, I'm fine with it the way it is. Sure, the bosses aren't much of a challenge if you know what to do, but you can't slack off at all, miss one prayer on jad and you're basically dead. Forget to turn mage prayer on when fighting prime or melee when fighting general graardor, and you're basically a goner.

*rembrs his drunken graador solo atempt with a shudder*

ot: most of rs isnt actualy combat related and with a java game the bosses are as hard as they can get

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

lol , u dont have challenge fighting boss ? lol , he want a realy defi , step in wildy and try pking , u will see dat is a real challenge !!! u want to be able to loss stuff , protect from magic and they dds u and if u protect from melle they farcast ! , dont tell me dat isnt a challenge . but now u will say , they too strong

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

Go solo the Chaos elemental, write down all that he drops and all what you drop.

Good luck

Take yourself some 100 or so diamond bolts. Dragonhide and ring of wealth ect. Put on mage prayer and everytime you eat you just take one cabbage out of a cabbage sack, the only thing that bothers you now is the fact that he teleports you around like a madman.

Ive killed him loads of times this way. He's harder then most of the monsters in rs to solo, but still quite easy.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

lol , u dont have challenge fighting boss ? lol , he want a realy defi , step in wildy and try pking , u will see dat is a real challenge !!! u want to be able to loss stuff , protect from magic and they dds u and if u protect from melle they farcast ! , dont tell me dat isnt a challenge . but now u will say , they too strong

What an ignorant comment. Players aren't bosses; they are classified as something completely different. And pking really isn't a challenge if you know what to do; it's still too easy to escape. Btw, you sound like a stereotypical pure who can't type.

td2sig.jpg

The major difference between RS and other games is that in most other games, you don't lose most of your items if you die.

So if Jagex ever created a truly dangerous boss that could only be killed say 10% of the time, then it simply wouldn't be worth the risk.

Why do you think Jad is so popular? An incredible challange, but tempting as you don't lose your items (just the money needed for pots and food etc...)

Harrington.gif

I agree runescapes boss monsters arent very tough but you have to be equipped in the right kind of gear to fight them, like you cant go ... fire striking dks.

Actually you can; done it before :P . DK's aren't tough at all if you know what you're doing and have a combat level of at least 90 or so.

As has been said, the Runescape bosses are beyond pathetic, but based on the combat and game system [does it deserve the title "combat system"?], they have to be.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I found him quite challanging at 115 combat. :oops:

But I had sharks and no super sets, so...

Well..

i almost got a free trip to fally thanks to him when i first stepped in :oops:

Second time around..well.. 8-)

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]